Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

39 minutes ago, Remember Kember said:

We didn't know for definite where it was being played until this morning!! That ticket you booked for London wouldn't have been any good if the game had been moved to Birmingham. 

Two weeks notice for this game is ridiculous whichever way you look at it. We'll know the starting line-up before we know which stand we're in

It was never getting moved

Villa have been selling tickets for a home game that day 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Always been Wembley some people just talk absolute shite. 

Hmm not quite.

The 2012 Community Shield was not played at its usual venue, Wembley Stadium, as the stadium hosted the final of the 2012 Olympic football tournament on the same weekend as the proposed date for the Community Shield.[3] It was played instead at Aston Villa's home ground, Villa Park, in Birmingham. It was the first time since the fixture was played at Maine Road in 1973 that the Community Shield had been hosted at a venue other than Wembley (old and new) or the Millennium Stadium. Manchester City won the game 3–2 to claim their first Community Shield since 1972.[

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hmm not quite.

The 2012 Community Shield was not played at its usual venue, Wembley Stadium, as the stadium hosted the final of the 2012 Olympic football tournament on the same weekend as the proposed date for the Community Shield.[3] It was played instead at Aston Villa's home ground, Villa Park, in Birmingham. It was the first time since the fixture was played at Maine Road in 1973 that the Community Shield had been hosted at a venue other than Wembley (old and new) or the Millennium Stadium. Manchester City won the game 3–2 to claim their first Community Shield since 1972.[

I meant it’s always been Wembley this season. I wasn’t talking about past games. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

28k last time we had, so basically every st holder member is guaranteed a ticket, but realistically a large chunk will go on general sale as not every st and member will go, (this is all based on 2016 allocation)

This is my thinking as well. Managed to get one for a family member the Wednesday before the game last time on general sale.

Need it to happen as I have one child who's a member and another who's just got a S/T this season

14 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I meant it’s always been Wembley this season. I wasn’t talking about past games. 

Depends when you mean by ‘always’ 

If the Women’s Euros went ahead as scheduled in 2021 which they delayed a few months back, it was going to Cardiff or Villa Park 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

I don’t think us or Manchester City will sell our allocation.

a mix a covid fears and the fact that Wembley is a shit ground to watch football at

My view was fantastic in 2016, I dunno there are a lot of people that have missed out on football for a long time, might be surprised 

On 23/07/2021 at 16:10, Peckfortonfox said:

I don’t think us or Manchester City will sell our allocation.

a mix a covid fears and the fact that Wembley is a shit ground to watch football at

I think Man City should sell their own allocation before they start selling ours.

• Haha 3