Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

I'm not going to bother with this one. 

If they just say it's max capacity with no restrictions with the current spike going on then it will be an absolute Covid hotbed. 

My mate is in hospital on oxygen and blood thinners after having both doses, only 39. 

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If they just say it's max capacity with no restrictions with the current spike going on then it will be an absolute Covid hotbed. 

My mate is in hospital on oxygen and blood thinners after having both doses, only 39. 

It’s not a bad shout. Hope your mate recovers.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I’ve come to the same (sad) conclusion - best wishes to your mate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

This is going to be very hard to prove and I am yet to see complete evidence that I (or anyone) would be more likely to catch it there then at the pub/shop/someone's house.

However, the powers that be could have been much better in preventing this from happening. Firstly, keep enforcing mask wearing outside the ground on entry/queuing for tube after (crowded places basically). Masks can be removed at seats. Another thing that should be done post-COVID times is the stupid rule about not being able to take alcohol to your seats. That will prevent so much crowding of people indoors at stadiums. I know there were likely good reasons for banning alcohol in stands all those years ago but they need to reassess and move with time.

The biggest spread of virus will likely be outside of the stadium (transport, packed pubs etc.). As I mentioned at the start, it is really hard to define where the infection is most likely unless you removed one element at a time.

Aside from that point, hope all close to you keep safe/recover. Only time will tell how the UK situation will develop.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1

The only data I’ve seen is the below on the England Supporters Facebook Group (about 5000 members).  219 tested positive of those that answered the poll.   

I was double vaccinated and tested positive last Tuesday (PCR), all LFTs I did were negative.  I had four really rough days but have now turned the corner.  I think it really depends on your immune system and the amount of virus you are exposed to.  I went to semi and final so maybe had a double hit.

9030606C-94AB-4B23-B6CB-66D0140B7D1D.jpeg

Edited by ratters

12 minutes ago, ratters said:

The only data I’ve seen is the below on the England Supporters Facebook Group (about 5000 members).  219 tested positive of those that answered the poll.   

I was double vaccinated and tested positive last Tuesday (PCR), all LFTs I did were negative.  I had four really rough days but have now turned the corner.  I think it really depends on your immune system and the amount of virus you are exposed to.  I went to semi and final so maybe had a double hit.

9030606C-94AB-4B23-B6CB-66D0140B7D1D.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. It would be great to have data as to where people caught it but as I mentioned above, that is as good as impossible. The key thing is, the more confined/packed places you visit on the day, the higher the risk of transmission. So if you drove by car on your own, went straight to the ground (early), didn't mingle much in the concourse, sat at your seat, then left the stadium either early or late after crowds went down a bit, that would be the path of least resistance. The opposite if you went on public transport, went at rush hour times, mingled in a pub (or more), went in the concourse when it was heaving, then went home after the match on packed tubes/trains. The majority of us would probably be somewhere in the middle.

If they wanted to allow capacity crowds into stadiums safely, there would have to be one hell of an operation to work out how to minimise contact, certainly in compacted spaces. Traffic light system, spacings when leaving the ground, staggered entry times, getting people tested before and plenty more things that would have to change.

Realistically, full capacity stadiums would not be completely safe for many years to come. So at some point there needs to be a decision made. It would probably have made sense to cap at 50% until the effects of the EURO games were seen. And also, venues had time to come up with working practices to enable the capacity to be increased. 50% to 75% then to 100% (or similar). I think most people would have been OK with that.

• Like 1

I'm in a real dilemma about this match. As much as me and my son are keen to go (him more so than me as he's never been to Wembley) I know it will be just my luck to catch it and miss the Wolves game the following Saturday. Was deffo up for going a couple of weeks ago, but now with the recent increases in cases I'm having second thoughts. I was going to train it down from Wakefield, but I think I'll drive now if I do go, mainly to avoid the tubes...

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I missed the last one as I thought it was a glorified friendly. I regret not going even though we lost.

Thinking back to May, coming away from the cup final, I didn't even think we would be having this kind of discussion.

I'm torn, the government policy seems to be you've had your jabs now get infected and take your chances.

I would probably be fine, but i'm 10 plus years older that your mate so who knows. If I passed it onto my mum though, in her 80's, I wouldn't be so sure. I don't want to be responsible for that.

It's not the actual being in the ground that is the issue but, if it's anything like the Euro Final, navigating the carnage around the stadium in getting to my seat.
I'm not singling out football fans because I went to watch the Tiger's at Twickenham and just about everywhere there's been sport and alcohol this summer i've seen little or no restraint. 

On twitter I just see lads who want to party, the anti vaxxer conspiracy theorists who have never been on board with any of this from the start and those that are just fed up with the entire thing just charging into everything full on. The one thing they have in common is they don't really seem to give a damn about anyone else.

I'm pretty sure i'll be giving it a miss.

I’d love to go but feel it is risky. I could actually cycle there if there’s a place to lock up your bike near the stadium. But I only got my first jab on Saturday and my girlfriend doesn’t want the vaccine. I also happen to think Delta is going to get out of hand with numbers and overwhelm hospitals even more than it already is. 

5 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Any update on when ticket information is out? Still nothing on the club website

4 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Still no news bloody Terrible 

Probably me being cynical but the longer this non announcement goes on make me think the fans are going to be screwed in some way 

27 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’d love to go but feel it is risky. I could actually cycle there if there’s a place to lock up your bike near the stadium. But I only got my first jab on Saturday and my girlfriend doesn’t want the vaccine. I also happen to think Delta is going to get out of hand with numbers and overwhelm hospitals even more than it already is. 

If you decide to go the bike parking is, I recall, by section B2 (it’s at street level).  I’ve used it pretty easily and safely on a couple of occasions.  A joy to get free of the crowds on a bike especially if we win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Balj said:

If you decide to go the bike parking is, I recall, by section B2 (it’s at street level).  I’ve used it pretty easily and safely on a couple of occasions.  A joy to get free of the crowds on a bike especially if we win!

Thanks mate. That's really useful. 

2 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:

The FA contemplating playing Community Shield at Villa Park on 7th August #lcfc #mcfc #communityshield

FFS hope not. Booked two return train tickets to London in anticipation of match tickets not being a problem for STH's. :mad:

2 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Not saying it isn't true but there's literally only one tweet saying say that

Lcfc family also tweeted it 

9 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

FFS hope not. Booked two return train tickets to London in anticipation of match tickets not being a problem for STH's. :mad:

Same here. Although I've been getting more nervous about it day by day as it would be my first real outing other than one supermarket since March 2020, Beginning to wish I'd said no to my son who's had Covid and one bad vacination.