Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

20 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:

The FA contemplating playing Community Shield at Villa Park on 7th August #lcfc #mcfc #communityshield

I swear if this is the tweet you're referencing lol

7 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:

Lcfc family also tweeted it 

They know absolutely nothing 

20 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

FFS hope not. Booked two return train tickets to London in anticipation of match tickets not being a problem for STH's. :mad:

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Same here. Although I've been getting more nervous about it day by day as it would be my first real outing other than one supermarket since March 2020, Beginning to wish I'd said no to my son who's had Covid and one bad vacination.

I’ve also booked 2 return train tickets to London, suddenly that’s not looking like a smart move.

Surely the fact its still advertised on the Wembley website that they're staging it says something?? (I hope) I'd guess the council want it to be just 75% capacity..... Whilst Boris Probably wants it 100% and to use us as his guinea pigs

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t see it personally, but I’ve already booked the train 🤦🏻‍♂️ think this would of been sorted by now if the venue was to change. 🤞🏻

Same 99.9% certain it ain’t moving but I would be 🤦‍♂️ As well already booked hotel and transport and arranged to meet family over the weekend around the game  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Same 99.9% certain it ain’t moving but I would be 🤦‍♂️ As well already booked hotel and transport and arranged to meet family over the weekend around the game  

These things are sorted months in advance not 3 weeks before it’s like a military operation especially as we are at the minute. Hopefully more info out this week.

10 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I wonder if we will sell out, I’d like to think so, will easy get to members I reckon

Providing ticket prices aren't in the £60s/£70s then I don't see why we wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Providing ticket prices aren't in the £60s/£70s then I don't see why we wouldn't.

I was right behind the goal at the FA Cup final. Honestly a great view and ticket was £35. 

10 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I wonder if we will sell out, I’d like to think so, will easy get to members I reckon

Obviously 2 very different occasions but by Going by initial reaction to the Villarreal game tickets are Hardly moving 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah Villarreal will have half the stadium closed I reckon, 15k or so probably.

Well the whole ground has been opened up for ticket sales so unless they start moving people, it will be fully open. Might be better with COVID too, better spread through concourses even if financially not ideal.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Well the whole ground has been opened up for ticket sales so unless they start moving people, it will be fully open. Might be better with COVID too, better spread through concourses even if financially not ideal.

Completely forget about COVID (can tell I haven't been in the thread for 24 hours) lol Yeah makes sense to open the whole lot and spread people out, good point. Still can't see more than 15k or so though.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Completely forget about COVID (can tell I haven't been in the thread for 24 hours) lol Yeah makes sense to open the whole lot and spread people out, good point. Still can't see more than 15k or so though.

However, you could argue that they want to be prepared for 30,000 at the Wolves game, so maybe having only small compacted sections open could have benefitted them from a test perspective.

I can appreciate you forgetting about COVID as it ceased to exist 2 days ago!

11 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Never do for a pre season friendly might get about 12k in if you lucky. 

Different occasion to a normal pre season game, most people haven’t been to a game for around 18 months, suppose we we get a better indication when they go on sale to members on Friday 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Different occasion to a normal pre season game, most people haven’t been to a game for around 18 months, suppose we we get a better indication when they go on sale to members on Friday 

Yes also I think most would rather go to Wembley the week after where you know it will be a decent day out.