Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fatboytim

Best football management game?

Hoping for some advice - my grandson (aged 10) has recently really got into football and playing Fifa on his Xbox one. He's just said he wants a football management game. He said he doesn't really like Football Manager 2021, so I'm hoping someone can recommend a good manager game for either Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, or even one for his phone. I don't play video games so haven't a clue what to buy him.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fifa Mobile is a good manager style game for the phone, my 11yr on plays that a lot.
Unfortunately the days of good football manager games days are long gone other than FM21, having used to play Championship manager in my younger days even I really struggled to get into FM on Xbox.

So the manager mode on Fifa is what I would suggest for someone of his age.

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

The best football management game is Football Manager. I highly doubt there's any other football management game on console or phone worth owning. Buy him it until he gets it.

Thanks for the reply. He has it on something called game pass....so I'll just tell him he needs to get better

• Haha 1

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Fifa Mobile is a good manager style game for the phone, my 11yr on plays that a lot.
Unfortunately the days of good football manager games days are long gone other than FM21, having used to play Championship manager in my younger days even I really struggled to get into FM on Xbox.

So the manager mode on Fifa is what I would suggest for someone of his age.

Thank you. He tried manager mode on fifa, but I suppose it's just a case of playing it til you get better

Agree with all that FM will always be the best football manager game, but most of us are commenting as adults and not thinking about what a 10 year old might like.

he would probably benefit from something with a slightly more user friendly interface, whatever that might be.

13 hours ago, fatboytim said:

Hoping for some advice - my grandson (aged 10) has recently really got into football and playing Fifa on his Xbox one. He's just said he wants a football management game. He said he doesn't really like Football Manager 2021, so I'm hoping someone can recommend a good manager game for either Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, or even one for his phone. I don't play video games so haven't a clue what to buy him.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If he's that into it, one day it'll just click and he'll be addicted (good luck getting him up for school lol).

Until then, FM21 Touch on the Switch is a scaled back, simpler version so he should get on with that.

10 hours ago, MPH said:

Agree with all that FM will always be the best football manager game, but most of us are commenting as adults and not thinking about what a 10 year old might like.

he would probably benefit from something with a slightly more user friendly interface, whatever that might be.

I was on FM when I was about 13 I think and the evidence is there for all to see on what a genius I turned out as as a result. Get them on this early doors and you'll have an absolute football guru on your hands!

31 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I was on FM when I was about 13 I think and the evidence is there for all to see on what a genius I turned out as as a result. Get them on this early doors and you'll have an absolute football guru on your hands!

I actually played the first ever football manager on the Commodore 64. Little bit different back then! :D

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

New Star Management for the iphone/ipad isn't bad at all but no official players

Was going to say that this is not a bad shout. It's on Switch too.

Of course what he'd want is something like LMA Manager but those days are long gone. Give him a couple of years and he should get into FM. Then his life will never be the same... :ph34r:

If he's still cut up about not doing well, teach him to save scum and make minor tweaks each time until he works out how to get a result.  It's how everyone learns to play FM games, anyone who says otherwise is a cowardly liar.

On 06/08/2021 at 22:50, Ashley said:

Football Manager now days. 

IF it was still around LMA Manager would take some beating

I miss LMA so much it was brilliant. Total club manager 2004 is still my all time favourite though. I do think it's a shame that FM has such a dominance in the market these days that others don't even try to compete.

On 06/08/2021 at 11:57, MPH said:

I actually played the first ever football manager on the Commodore 64. Little bit different back then! :D

Kevin Toms 

But for me on Spectrum and hacking into the BASIC code and inserting my own name with a stat of 10

Yes, that's right, you had one... ONE... stat!

lol

On 06/08/2021 at 21:08, Carl the Llama said:

If he's still cut up about not doing well, teach him to save scum and make minor tweaks each time until he works out how to get a result.  It's how everyone learns to play FM games, anyone who says otherwise is a cowardly liar.

Or to play as two managers, one of a seriously rich team like Man City that you don't care about and get them to buy all your worst players for ridiculous amounts of money whilst selling your best players to the team you want to succeed (Leicester City, obvs) for next to nothing, assuming you can persuade them, but as you've just received ludicrous amounts of dosh, that shouldn't be too difficult to sway materially motivated football players.

Bosh! :claudio:

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Or to play as two managers, one of a seriously rich team like Man City that you don't care about and get them to buy all your worst players for ridiculous amounts of money whilst selling your best players to the team you want to succeed (Leicester City, obvs) for next to nothing, assuming you can persuade them, but as you've just received ludicrous amounts of dosh, that shouldn't be too difficult to sway materially motivated football players.

Just use the in-game editor if you're going that far lol 

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If anyone is interested, this is how I got Hinckley United into the Champions League in FM2010

In my first season I had Robert Pires playing for them.

He'll play for anyone for the right wonga.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just use the in-game editor if you're going that far lol 

Yes, but this feels more like sabotage, actually in game ripping the club to shreds.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 1