Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

Remember this issue, can't remember if I still have it or if I sold it, gonna check my comics out since they've been stored away in boxes for over a decade.

This is when the X-men was top tier story telling and this issue was where a badly injured Wolvie stabbed Rachel through the heart after she went crazy and tried to kill Selene of the Hellfire Club, starting a two/three issue  fight between the teams that ultimately caught the attention of the super sentinel from the future Nimrod.

Doubt we will ever see Rachel in any of the movies or series, since she was a character from the 80s run.

9 hours ago, marbles said:

Secret Invasion looks really good - hopefully it can get Marvel back on track

I'm doubtful, it's not only the quality of story line, they've killed off or removed most of the characters people had investment in. Your ironman, captain America etc. I think it's going to be a slog to get that back

The next issue, where the Hellfire club, X-men and a couple of the Morlocks are sentenced to death by Nimrod, at this point in the X-men comics they can't catch a break and the Mutant Massacre cross over is only a few issues away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of my fave issues way back, basically the start of the first X - cross over event, the Mutant Massacre, that ran through about 3/4 issues of Uncanny X-men, X factor,  the New Mutants, Power Pack, Thor and Dare Devil.

It changed the dynamic of the team and introduced the Marauders and solidified Sabretooth as a Wolverine long time foe, plus it did kill off a ton of mutants.

• Like 1

Ah he put up issue 211 of Uncanny X-men.

Was some battle in those tunnels, remember Thor had his arm broken before he felled one of the Marauders and it was him that used his power of lightning to cleanse the tunnels of the mass of dead to stop disease from spreading to the surface.

You also had Apocalypse get involved has he took one of the Morlocks  away to be his horseman Plague and Angel would be badly injured, later to become his horseman Death.

Three of the Marauders were killed in the fights, since this was taking place over a few titles, Riptide killed by Colossus, Prism I think by Cyclops and Blockbuster by Thor.

• Like 1

The New Mutants.

This movie was always on a hiding to nothing with Fox having been bought out and the characters being so new to a general audience, so new that  only  five were included.

Having watched it again recently, the fight at the end was really well done and Mirage, Sunspot ( who also appeared in X-men Days of Future Past,) Magik (Colossus sister), Cannonball and Wolfsbane were quite close to how they appeared in the comics to a degree but no Karma, Magma, Cypher or Warlock and Lockheed the dragon was Shadowcats  companion from the Brood home world.

The comic story had Dani severely injured, near death and the other New Mutants fighting to stop the Demon Bear as it was trying to finish the job in a hospital, over a stormy snow covered night.

It would be interesting if the MCU were  to do their own take on the NM  and the Demon Bear saga but I doubt they ever will.

Magik was always a fan favourite and her story of course would come full circle during the Inferno cross over event when she brought her hell / limbo dimension to New York as well as Mr Sinister and his Marauders, the Goblin Queen and  the demon N'Astirh being in the mix too.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

The final issue of the Uncanny X-men mutant massacre cross over event,  in the coming issues Havock would return to the team, Magneto would quit the school and Dazzler and Longshot would join whilst former X-man Polaris would be possessed by Malice and become the  leader of the Marauders under Sinister.

Nightcrawler would recover but leave, Shadowcat would be saved by Dr Doom and the Fantastic Fours Reed Richards and also leave whilst Colossus would not rejoin until  the Fall of the Mutants crossover in a couple years time.

This is where Marvel set into a decline and the X books in particular, had heard before it was Harras that was the main reason Claremont walked from a title that was a dead rubber when he took over into  arguably Marvels most successful  title when he left.

Malice, the marauders  disembodied  psyche mutant.

Edited by ithuriel

On 29/04/2023 at 20:22, Md9 said:

Tickets booked for next Sunday to watch the new guardians movie for the lads birthday and quite looking forward to it. Not managed to catch many when first out . 

I'm going Thursday afternoon. Seems to have decent reviews so far so am looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I'm going Thursday afternoon. Seems to have decent reviews so far so am looking forward to it. 

Hopefully it's better than a lot of their recent releases,  not seen any reviews yet myself but might try seeing it this coming weekend.

37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah everything I have seen on Twitter so far has been positive about it so I am really looking forward to it . Just need to keep off Twitter once it’s been released until I see it so don’t see to man spoilers 😂

17 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

I get that she broke the fourth wall in the comics but that She Hulk finale was a complete mess

I believe you wanted to post that in the unpopular opinions thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Guardians of the galaxy vol 3...just wow!

Genuinely one of the best movies in the MCU. I don't think I'd be able to watch it again though. Tough watch at times, very emotional (I actually cried :cry:) but lots of good humour and a fitting end to the trilogy (or is it? 🤔)

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spiderman across the spiderverse. Had absolutely zero expectations. I didn't think there was a sequel needed, I got dragged to the cinema.

But it was SO worth it. That is top draw! Really well made, I was smiling throughout it :D

One for the comic nerds. Marvel coming back strong of late

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Spiderman across the spiderverse. Had absolutely zero expectations. I didn't think there was a sequel needed, I got dragged to the cinema.

But it was SO worth it. That is top draw! Really well made, I was smiling throughout it :D

One for the comic nerds. Marvel coming back strong of late

You see, I loved the first one and it really changed my opinion on animated movies. I’d go as far as to say, one of my favourite movies of all time.

I’ve watched the new Spiderverse today and I’ve absolutely hated it (beyond the fantastic visuals).