Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

X-men AoE if done properly would make a great series, for me it was one of the best cross overs ever and they even changed the titles of the comics involved during the event, after the Legion Quest  shattered reality you got to see how things would have turned out if Apocalypse was resurrected earlier and professor X died before founding the Xmen.

He has left out a lot of the story here, the three other X-men books, Uncanny Xmen,  Xmen and X Factor became Astonishing X,men, Amazing X men and Factor X and saw the teams engage directly with Apocalypse forces to weaken his empire and leave him vulnerable.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, NorthWalesFox said:

I agree the storyline was as wet as used tissue paper. I’m starting to think they don’t really have a grand plan anymore

You see, I thought that, whilst it wasn't the best MCU instalment, it set up things to come. There was plenty of progression of characters, introducing a new bad/good guy and not wasting him like they did Gorr and other interesting villains. 

It was a solid 7.5 from me, classic superhero action film, not trying to be a comedy or a horror, introducing new characters and progressing Shuri to Black Panther. I think we need to accept that not every film in the MCU is going to be bigger better and more spectacular than the last. End Game couldn't have existed without some of the more modest films that preceded it.

• Like 2

I imagine Chadwick Bosemans death had a big impact on Wakanda Forever and the MCU as a whole going forward. Definitely felt like he was going to take the baton from Ironman as the big figurehead of the franchise going forward. For what it’s worth I thought Wakanda Forever was decent enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I imagine Chadwick Bosemans death had a big impact on Wakanda Forever and the MCU as a whole going forward. Definitely felt like he was going to take the baton from Ironman as the big figurehead of the franchise going forward. For what it’s worth I thought Wakanda Forever was decent enough

Nah. Not buying it. People actually sat in planning meetings and all agreed that a bunch of blue singing aquatic Mexicans who lob water balloons would make for a fearsome adversary and capture the audience's interest.

Without wit, plot or passion, all this offered was yet another drawn out origin story stretching across two hours and twenty three minutes. The use of entire films to do nothing else but set up future films is a stinking mooing cash cow.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 06:59, Daggers said:

Watched WakandaF and I think it may have killed off my remaining interest in the MCU. It committed the worst crime - it was dull. 

Seemed a little box-ticky. 

You can imagine the conversation pre-production.

What's a large group of people who haven't had a hero to follow yet?

Mexicans. Let's make Namor, Mexican.

But isnt he from Atlantis?

Yeah, but how many Atlantians will go and watch the movie?

Good point.

And so we get a crappy Namor, who is nothing like his comic box persona.

Phase 4 has been poor, with only Spidey having any real interest.

I'm hoping Quantumania will be better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Seemed a little box-ticky. 

You can imagine the conversation pre-production.

What's a large group of people who haven't had a hero to follow yet?

Mexicans. Let's make Namor, Mexican.

But isnt he from Atlantis?

Yeah, but how many Atlantians will go and watch the movie?

Good point.

And so we get a crappy Namor, who is nothing like his comic box persona.

Phase 4 has been poor, with only Spidey having any real interest.

I'm hoping Quantumania will be better.

The reviews so far suggest you'll be disassembled.

• Sad 1

Have anyone seen new Flash trailer?  I love Batman and have recently taken up reading his comics but with the prospect of two Batmans in the movie, Robert Pattinson Batman and the new Gunn Batman- it is getting too much.

The wankfest over Batman in the Flash movie with the sharing of the poster is gratifying too.  DC Comics apparently have been over dependent on Batman and it looks like this has seeped into movies as well.   Flash is an iconic character in his own right and should not be sharing the limelight with Batman.

8 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Have anyone seen new Flash trailer?  I love Batman and have recently taken up reading his comics but with the prospect of two Batmans in the movie, Robert Pattinson Batman and the new Gunn Batman- it is getting too much.

The wankfest over Batman in the Flash movie with the sharing of the poster is gratifying too.  DC Comics apparently have been over dependent on Batman and it looks like this has seeped into movies as well.   Flash is an iconic character in his own right and should not be sharing the limelight with Batman.

My understanding is Gunn is dumping the Snyderverse, possibly onto Netflix and this is a way to redo the DC cinematic universe with an alternate timeline, the other Batman and Joker 2 are not part of the DCCU but seperate  as far as I understand:thumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Blur said:

I don't think it's a massive spoiler as it is in the trailer but there are going to be more Batman than the 2 you mentioned.

13 hours ago, ithuriel said:

My understanding is Gunn is dumping the Snyderverse, possibly onto Netflix and this is a way to redo the DC cinematic universe with an alternate timeline, the other Batman and Joker 2 are not part of the DCCU but seperate  as far as I understand:thumbup:

Yeah, I can understand why Gunn would want a clear slate with his Batman and it is not a bad thing that Matt Reeves get to continue to his Batman as I thought the first film was quite good.

Additional Batmans in Flash movie just felt unnecessary but I think there was not much Gunn can do about that as it was probably all penned out and filmed by the time Gunn took over.  

I would have considered abandoning Reeves' Batman or to incorporate it into new DC cinematic universe but suspect that is easier said than done!

Edited by The Blur

And for what it's worth, Ant Man 3 was decent enough. Lots of CGI, and pretty much as unrealistic as you'd expect about a man who can shrink down to a beyond-microscopic level; but an enjoyable enough couple of hours. 

Jonathan Majors plays Kang brilliantly, and will likely be the best thing about many of the upcoming films.

The wife and kids dragged me along to watch that Ant Man/Wasp thing today.

I know I'm old and out of touch but fvck me these type of films are all the same these days.

Visually very clever but just the same old shite regurgitated over and over again.

Agree with the above that the Kang character was the only highlight (and Michelle Pfeiffer looked every year of 64)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TK95 said:

There was a Pointless question today of Actors to appear in super hero films. The two categories around the X-men and Spiderman films.

Michael Fassbender and JK Simmons were among the listed pointless answers respectively

Absolute blasphemy! 

Was it as pointless as this post?

• Haha 1

On 14/02/2023 at 06:59, Daggers said:

Watched WakandaF and I think it may have killed off my remaining interest in the MCU. It committed the worst crime - it was dull. 

Went to rewatch it on Disney the other day but turned it off after about 5 minutes, it wasn’t the best. 

Phase 4 was a bit of a mess in regards movies, Black Widow was average, Ten Rings was average, Eternals was tedious, Spiderman was good, Thor was ridiculous and Dr Strange was ok and then Wakanda Forever was just boring.

Not seen Quantumania but after chatting with mates, they said it was ok but it might be best to watch it on D+ rather than the cinema and the Marvels has been pushed back yet again.

Seen news on Aquaman 2 that even after reshoots it has tested poorly, since it has no meaning since the Snyderverse is getting dumped I'm guessing they will just release it and hope it gets forgotten about pretty quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Phase 4 was a bit of a mess in regards movies, Black Widow was average, Ten Rings was average, Eternals was tedious, Spiderman was good, Thor was ridiculous and Dr Strange was ok and then Wakanda Forever was just boring.

Not seen Quantumania but after chatting with mates, they said it was ok but it might be best to watch it on D+ rather than the cinema and the Marvels has been pushed back yet again.

Seen news on Aquaman 2 that even after reshoots it has tested poorly, since it has no meaning since the Snyderverse is getting dumped I'm guessing they will just release it and hope it gets forgotten about pretty quickly.

The superhero franchise seems to have really hit a wall. As you said, all the latest releases in Marvel haven't hit the mark, the less said about Love and Thunder the better in all honesty.

If the next avengers doesn't hit well I can see them starting to wind down. 

Personally think they've spent too much trying to push TV and films for the characters we still have 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The superhero franchise seems to have really hit a wall. As you said, all the latest releases in Marvel haven't hit the mark, the less said about Love and Thunder the better in all honesty.

If the next avengers doesn't hit well I can see them starting to wind down. 

Personally think they've spent too much trying to push TV and films for the characters we still have 

Quantity over quality unfortunately, poor writing, directing and pushing the VFX stuff too fast, they should return to their core or just stop and take a breather for a year

• Like 1

The problem with superhero stories is that it all builds to end of the world/universe is if it's not end of the world then it's all a bit undramatic.

End game was the pinnacle of years of stories all culminating in one big old climax. 

After that where do you go? I thought Falcon and Winter Soldier was a surprisingly good story with a real bit of social commentary. Wandavision, Loki and Hawkeye were all decent because it was a shrunken down world with focus on character.

The films have been patchy and relying on a hook(comedy, horror, 3 Spiderman), rather than the end of the world.

• Like 1