Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Daggers said:

I feel all Star Wars/superheroed out at the moment. 

Going to watch The Boys spin-off, but Marvel/DC/Star Wars can go suck a D. 

A drumstick?

I really like drumsticks, especially the classic raspberry and vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Seen stuff online that Disney have scrapped the new DareDevil series halfway through and are starting again, lots of trouble behind the scenes or something and KF was not impressed.

Glad this has happened especially if it is true that they were going to make it more like a law show and kill off both Foggy and Karen

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Loki season finale was absolutely phenomenal

Honestly some of the best stuff they have put out for a long time, and easily the best tv series they have done

Echo everything that has been said. Loki is by far the best thing on Disney+. People can moan about other marvel stuff but they can't grumble about this. Tom Hiddleston is just a pleasure to watch.

• Like 3

It was a decent finale. Though I didn't understand what he was doing at first at the end there. 

I watched The Marvels earlier in the day and that was ok/decent. Some good sequences and one absolutely horrificaly bad one (though my mate didn't think it was as bad as I did). The mid-credits stinger at the end was the best bit of the film though!

Edited by The Bear

On 11/11/2023 at 00:50, The Bear said:

It was a decent finale. Though I didn't understand what he was doing at first at the end there. 

I watched The Marvels earlier in the day and that was ok/decent. Some good sequences and one absolutely horrificaly bad one (though my mate didn't think it was as bad as I did). The mid-credits stinger at the end was the best bit of the film though!

Necessary to watch Miss Marvel beforehand?

I've kinda skipped it cos I'm not a teenage girl. 

I know, shocking right? 

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Necessary to watch Miss Marvel beforehand?

I've kinda skipped it cos I'm not a teenage girl. 

I know, shocking right? 

Not essential. It gets explained at the start of the film about who she is. Sort of a very quick recap of Ms Marvel. Her powers aren't explained but you see them in action soon enough so no biggie, and later in the film she tells you how she got them. 

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Loki cemented as the best series in the MCU imo. 

Bold statement. 

WandaVision is still my favourite personally, because it was so differen't and amazing. I can remember after every episode I was reading theories online and chatting with my mate about them constantly trying to guess what was happening and coming next. No other series has given me that buzz since. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

BBC News - The Marvels: Superhero movie bombs with lowest MCU box office debut
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67401772

Looks like the latest film has absolutely flopped - £38m in its first weekend. 

Wonder if this is the first clear cut evidence of over saturation and a beginning to dislike the superhero culture 

I hope so. I'm surprised it's taken this long TBH. After Endgame the output should've slowed right down, instead they just keep churning out unimaginative copy / paste shit six times a year. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. 

The strike which has meant there's been little to no promotion wouldn't have helped, but for a long time Chinese audiences especially have been increasingly turning their backs on US superhero movies. 

I don't blame them. Cinema has been absolutely over-saturated with superheroes for far too long. People want fresh ideas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

There's only one Marvel movie next year, Deadpool 3. And that isn't really the main MCU, but adjacent to it. 

The strike action is probably a help to them. Give people some time off of watching endless fairly crap films.

Seen a suggestion that they're moving away from the Kang storyline they'd been setting up 

22 hours ago, RoboFox said:

. Cinema has been absolutely over-saturated with superheroes for far too long. People want fresh ideas. 

I know this is the feedback from focus groups, but to me the real issue has been the diabolical scripts they’ve been churning out rather than building on the excellent base material - Cap’n Marvel as real case in point. Create decent films like the GOTG and people will still turn up to watch, do a trash follow up to the absolutely wank first Cap Marvel film and they won’t.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

There's only one Marvel movie next year, Deadpool 3. And that isn't really the main MCU, but adjacent to it. 

Deadpool 3 will clean up at the box office because it's predominantly a 18-rated comedy with probably the world's most likeable movie star in the lead and will see the return of Huge Action as Wolverine which people love to see.

It'll definitely buck the trend in declining superhero moviegoers, but at the same time its not going to be a PG paint-by-numbers MCU snoozefest which is what people are fed up of. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2