Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Madame Web being critically battered.

Everyone wants Deadpool. Nobody wants any of the 10 other dogshit comic book movies we get a year.

I wish Marvel / DC would stop clogging up cinema screens with unimaginative, copy paste garbage.

They almost need to pause and release a couple of films and a few TV shows of actual quality.

Rather than the abundance of low quality crap we're getting to add pieces to the timeline or tide fans over till the next big thing

The Marvels may have been short but it didn’t feel it. By Christ that was some shit. Which is a shame as the first ten minutes or so was OK, making me think it wouldn’t be another tedious film involving Cap’n Marvel. 

Boss, we were thinking, girls love song and dance routines in Disney Princess films, so we reckon we should have one of those …”

”Hey, great idea. Then have a fight scene with only ten people on either side - and make it look like a pillow fight in a bedroom.”

Just awful. 

• Haha 1

I've actually been enjoying the second season of What If. Seems to be more creative than the first one. It's a (very) slow burner but midway it gets really interesting with some of the scenarios and introductions from this phase

Edited by HybridFox

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

I've actually been enjoying the second season of What If. Seems to be more creative than the first one. It's a (very) slow burner but midway it gets really interesting with some of the scenarios and introductions from this phase

I really liked the Kahhori episode and the last one. 

• Like 3

On 16/02/2024 at 00:16, HybridFox said:

On 16/02/2024 at 02:18, The Bear said:

I really liked the Kahhori episode and the last one. 

Some of the episodes were brilliant and great to watch. Some felt like a real grasp at things happening and weren't as enjoyable.

Enjoyed the first season more than then second personally 

On 14/02/2024 at 18:22, UniFox21 said:

Didn't mind it, wasn't awful and had some interesting bits.

Kingpin looks like he could be a fun villain to build on

Have you seen the Fox Marvel Daredevil series (available on Disney+) where Kingpin (same actor Vincent D'Onofrio) is the main protagonist? Highly recommended, he's brilliant and most of the Defenders stuff, (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Punisher) is really good, much better than some of the recent stuff.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, Vincent D’Onofrio is fantastic as Kingpin, will always be hard to shake the Full Metal Jacket vibes though. 

Yeah, I figure since @UniFox21 said he would be a great character to build on, that maybe he doesn't know that he's a pretty established character already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Have you seen the Fox Marvel Daredevil series (available on Disney+) where Kingpin (same actor Vincent D'Onofrio) is the main protagonist? Highly recommended, he's brilliant and most of the Defenders stuff, (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Punisher) is really good, much better than some of the recent stuff.

Daredevil S1 was good. The rest, not so much. All those others were mediocre at best. Apart from maybe the first season of Jessica Jones with David Tennant in. 

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Something I've never watched actually, had always heard it spoken on but never taken the time to watch any of it. 

I'll definitely give it a look!

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Daredevil S1 was good. The rest, not so much. All those others were mediocre at best. Apart from maybe the first season of Jessica Jones with David Tennant in. 

Eh? Season 1 of Luke cage was good, punisher overall was good, season 1 of Jones was great. 

The only real flop of the bunch was iron fist, and that was more to do with the god awful casting than the story itself. Hiring a dude who didn't have any fighting experience to play a martial arts expert was an embarrassment. I'm 95% sure I'd have slapped the shit out of that guy 1v1, and I can't fight for shit either. lol

Just got round to watching any of these finished season one of daredevil not on season one of Jessica jones. Checked on line and that said was the best way to do it, that right or would you watch all of the seasons in one go of each series?

56 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Marvel and Disney fancy get their finger out of their arse do a series of Moon Knight? You know one of the few series which had something different going on. 

Agree Moon Knight was fantastic from start to finish. What's to say Oscar Isaac will still be committed in say 5 years time. Get it done!

• 2 months later...

Watched the first 2 daredevil series Jessica jones season 1 and Luke cage season 1 now onto iron fist. Watched first 2 episodes now sure if I am enjoying it or not 😂 do you need to watch it to keep up with the other ones I need to watch?

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Watched the first 2 daredevil series Jessica jones season 1 and Luke cage season 1 now onto iron fist. Watched first 2 episodes now sure if I am enjoying it or not 😂 do you need to watch it to keep up with the other ones I need to watch?

Kind of, and there is an order to watch them in. It's a while since I watched Iron Fist, but I seem to remember it gets better, though it is weaker than the others.

If memory serves you should watch The Defenders after Iron Fist, which is basically all of them together, so not sure how much you might miss. Probably not essential, but probably enhances it.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Kind of, and there is an order to watch them in. It's a while since I watched Iron Fist, but I seem to remember it gets better, though it is weaker than the others.

If memory serves you should watch The Defenders after Iron Fist, which is basically all of them together, so not sure how much you might miss. Probably not essential, but probably enhances it.

I have watched them in order up to now and defenders is next on the list after iron fist as you say. I suppose won’t hurt to watch it . Thanks 

11 hours ago, Md9 said:

Not at all. I watched Jessica Jones S1 and that was it. None of Luke Cage/Iron Fist. 

I haven't missed anything. My mate watches them all and is a huge Marvel fan and let me know of any crossover info and there was practically nothing. 

On 20/02/2024 at 14:24, CosbehFox said:

Marvel and Disney fancy get their finger out of their arse do a series of Moon Knight? You know one of the few series which had something different going on. 

On 20/02/2024 at 15:22, HybridFox said:

Agree Moon Knight was fantastic from start to finish. What's to say Oscar Isaac will still be committed in say 5 years time. Get it done!

Sometimes I wonder why the world is in such a bad place. 

Then I read posts like this and know why. 

13 hours ago, Md9 said:

Iron Fist (for me) was the worse of the lot and has little impact in the timeline tbh. Dont forget to watch The Punisher (although that also doesnt have THAT much to do with the others) It was also one of my faves and was gutted they never continued after season 2. Something to do with the writers and paying a licence to Disney, as it had great ratings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Not at all. I watched Jessica Jones S1 and that was it. None of Luke Cage/Iron Fist. 

I haven't missed anything. My mate watches them all and is a huge Marvel fan and let me know of any crossover info and there was practically nothing. 

Seems like I won’t be missing much then so will probably skip and go straight to the defenders now 

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Iron Fist (for me) was the worse of the lot and has little impact in the timeline tbh. Dont forget to watch The Punisher (although that also doesnt have THAT much to do with the others) It was also one of my faves and was gutted they never continued after season 2. Something to do with the writers and paying a licence to Disney, as it had great ratings. 

I watched the first 2 and didn’t really think I could get into it so looks like everyone pretty much says the same about it. I do like the punisher in daredevil so it will be one I want to watch . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Can’t be bothered reading this thread because I’m better than that but basically Marvel all went to shit after End Game right? And DC is just objectively shit from start to finish?

Comic book fatigue is real. 

It's a constant stream of just absolute shit bar the odd interesting film which steps away from the ten-a-penny PG nonsense that seems to be just churned out ad infinitum. 

Joker and Deadpool only. Bin everything else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Can’t be bothered reading this thread because I’m better than that but basically Marvel all went to shit after End Game right? And DC is just objectively shit from start to finish?

There has been a few good things after Endgame; Moon Knight, Loki, Guardians of the Galaxy 3

But yeah overall it has been pretty crap

• Like 1