Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

On 03/06/2023 at 19:26, Sly said:

You see, I loved the first one and it really changed my opinion on animated movies. I’d go as far as to say, one of my favourite movies of all time.

I’ve watched the new Spiderverse today and I’ve absolutely hated it (beyond the fantastic visuals).

I was a little disappointed with it. I think the BBC review of it summed it up perfectly; 'feels frantically busy and wheel-spinningly slow at the same time'. 

Like yourself I really enjoyed the first one, it seemed to have everything you'd want from a good movie. However I felt the second film was too disjointed. I know it's set in a multiverse so inevitably there will be simultaneous plot threads but it felt like it focused too much time in areas that didn't add anything to the story and consequently was unnecessarily too long. Parts of the story seemed to drag then suddenly it all unravelled. The ending was too prompt and in my opinion could have been better scripted. 

The creative direction is amazing. A truly stunning film to watch and there's some nice humour chucked in to the mix as well. I also liked the use of different Spider people from across the globe which offered different perspective away from the usual U.S. narrative. 

Overall I think with better editing and a tighter script this could have been so much better. It's not bad by any stretch and had the first not set the bar soooo high it'd probably be considered pretty decent, but unfortunately it's just not able to reach the lofty heights of that first film which leaves you feeling a little underwhelmed. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

Loved this two parter, the first appearance of Sinister and Dirty Harry has a cameo :thumbup: in this story.

Pretty certain he skipped a few pages through this issue just from memory, have it boxed but can't be bothered to get it out to see.

Edited by ithuriel

Issue 223 which is setting up two major events to come, The Fall of the Mutants and Inferno.....two great stories, Inferno of course having a major, major crossover with numerous X titles.

Decent video on The Fall of the Mutants storylines...

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

I really hope this is 18 or R. And they don't dumb it down like Morbius 

Think it is R

Really reminds me of one of those bad 80s Marvel movies for some reason.  Guess it doesn’t help that it’s Sony - who I have no confidence in.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, marbles said:

Yeah - but that was a Marvel movie.

Kraven is Sony, using Marvel characters.  Just like Venom and Morbius were.

Still hoping they bring Blade back in the MCU this time, I know they were talking about a series but what's happened to that?

Hmm  this one shot looks kinda decent, not got this one though.

Found this on Youtube, an audio version of the Dark Phoenix saga but starting with the Proteus saga.

This would have made a great X-men horror movie.

On the island at the start is;

Moira McTaggert

Lorna aka Polaris who quit the Xmen after the Krakoa event

Jamie Madrox the multiple man

Jean Grey aka the Pheonix

It is slightly different from the comic because the original comic story, the Xmen had just returned to the mansion after a round the world adventure and Scott and the gang zoomed over to the island after Scott had rang the island and heard Lorna scream in terror.

The team on the Blackbird consists of Cyclops, Storm, a recovering Banshee whose powers are currently gone, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine.

In this version Banshee still has his power.

hmm the debut of Shadowcat and the return of Dazzler...

The hellfire club....

Dark Pheonix...

Edited by ithuriel

On 02/06/2023 at 23:31, HybridFox said:

Spiderman across the spiderverse. Had absolutely zero expectations. I didn't think there was a sequel needed, I got dragged to the cinema.

But it was SO worth it. That is top draw! Really well made, I was smiling throughout it :D

One for the comic nerds. Marvel coming back strong of late

Watched it today with my Spider-Man mad 4 year old daughter. She fell sleep half way through but man it was a great film.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 17:26, ithuriel said:

Still hoping they bring Blade back in the MCU this time, I know they were talking about a series but what's happened to that?

Hmm  this one shot looks kinda decent, not got this one though.

Blade has already appeared in the MCU: post-credits scene of Eternals (voice only).

The Blade film is currently scheduled for release in 2025, which is just the latest delay from its original intended release of this year. By all accounts there have been a few changes of director/scriptwriter along the way, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to GOTG3, and damn what an emotional ride.

Not as good a movie as the 1st one, but a lot better than the 2nd.

I did hate seeing the…

”Starlord will return” at the end.  
Let him and the rest of the Guardians go.  It was a great ending to the trilogy.  Move on to something new.

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...