Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It is pretty draining! By the time kids are in bed I have about 2 hours to do things before I need to get to bed (if I want half decent sleep). So trying to fit in about 14 seasons of 13 episodes each (about an hour) plus trying to watch live football and other TV (or chat with the wife/let her watch something). Ridiculous. I also struggle to stop watching, always thinking "Oh one more" or "I'll start the next episode".

After watching The Punisher I wanted to watch season 2. Then I decided to watch all the other in chronological order first. 9 months later....

This is the problem I have as I only really have an hour or 2 to cram in loads of stuff once the kids are in bed as the eldest doesn’t really go until about 9 now so then by time get sorted to watch anything it’s already late. 
 I ended up watching the first episode of Jessica jones before anything else not sure why 😂 then ended up googling which is best order to watch and daredevil is first followed by Jessica jones. A lot to cram in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Md9 said:

This is the problem I have as I only really have an hour or 2 to cram in loads of stuff once the kids are in bed as the eldest doesn’t really go until about 9 now so then by time get sorted to watch anything it’s already late. 
 I ended up watching the first episode of Jessica jones before anything else not sure why 😂 then ended up googling which is best order to watch and daredevil is first followed by Jessica jones. A lot to cram in.

I feel your pain. Ours are young enough to be sorted by half 7/8. It's not like you can watch these series with young kids. They are 18+ for a reason!

14 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Not as good as the other Thor films, and to think there will be another one!. Thor seems to be a bit of a joke character now. I like humour and action but the story needs to be way better!. Wonder if that's the last we see of Jane in the marvel universe!.

To be fair, Thor films have been inconsistent.  The first one was not bad but found second boring.  I liked the third and am yet to watch this one.

The last Marvel movie I watched was Dr Strange 2 which I struggled to finish.   I think I am approaching my limit on Marvel films now.  

19 minutes ago, The Blur said:

To be fair, Thor films have been inconsistent.  The first one was not bad but found second boring.  I liked the third and am yet to watch this one.

The last Marvel movie I watched was Dr Strange 2 which I struggled to finish.   I think I am approaching my limit on Marvel films now.  

The third Thor is great, first and foremost a coherent self contained plot which also advances the whole MCU and set up infinity war really well. It also had some really funny moments and some cracking set pieces, it got the balance between comedy and action spot on for a super hero movie.

Thor four was just so forced and the jokes crammed into every possible scene there was no room for the plot or characters to breath.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The third Thor is great, first and foremost a coherent self contained plot which also advances the whole MCU and set up infinity war really well. It also had some really funny moments and some cracking set pieces, it got the balance between comedy and action spot on for a super hero movie.

Thor four was just so forced and the jokes crammed into every possible scene there was no room for the plot or characters to breath.

Thor love and thunder was a bit of a mess, the director just did not know when to stop with the jokes but Bale was amazing as a villain, they really wasted him here but it is worth watching just for his stab at Gorr.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

I loved Dr Strange 2 - I know a lot of people didn’t, but I thought it was great.

The only think I enjoyed about Thor 4, were the damn goats.

Thought they were annoying at first, but I laughed everytime they showed up after that.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2022 at 21:35, marbles said:

Werewolf By Night

Absolutely loved this.

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Werewolf by night was interesting, never read the comic but the one of show was fun.

Didn't really know what to make of it in all honesty lol

It was a fun watch. Good old fashioned cheese 

Oops, wrong thread, oh well.

Something for the darkling month, when the nights grow long and imagination breathes life into the darkness plus Werewolves are my favourite of all the classic monsters :colder:

Edited by ithuriel

I’ve committed to a secret cinema/immersive experience of Guardians of the Galaxy next month. 

Trouble is, I think the film is pretty awful. I said yes to the event before I’d seen the film. 

And I have to go dressed up as something, apparently (but not the talking tree). 

😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I’ve committed to a secret cinema/immersive experience of Guardians of the Galaxy next month. 

Trouble is, I think the film is pretty awful. I said yes to the event before I’d seen the film. 

And I have to go dressed up as something, apparently (but not the talking tree). 

😕

I was really tempted by this! But the random dressing up put me off a bit.

Let us know how it goes!

2 hours ago, The Bear said:
There isn't an eye-roll in the world strong enough for the She-Hulk finale. It just felt embarrassing to watch. Car crash stuff.

It's like they let a 10 year old fan write the ending. What a waste of an entire season :angry:

Genuinely awful.

Just about to watch it..then seen this. I'll let you know after..:blink:

1 hour ago, Milo said:

😕

Man, I thought the first one was great.  Second one, not so much.

If I was you, I’d dress as one of the inmates from the prison scene.  Shouldn’t be too difficult to pull off.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:
There isn't an eye-roll in the world strong enough for the She-Hulk finale. It just felt embarrassing to watch. Car crash stuff.

It's like they let a 10 year old fan write the ending. What a waste of an entire season :angry:

Genuinely awful.

Completely disagree, it was an unexpected finale but in keeping with the tone of the series. If everything was played as a straight super hero movie/series it would be soooo fvcking dull. The joy of this universe is it doesn't all have to be action sequences and dire consequences there is enough room to just have some fun. Lighten up and buy an Avongers t-shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...