Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

I thought Falcon and Winter Soldier was weak, but I really enjoyed Loki, and not just because of the lady Loki, who I felt was pretty fine (I should point out to those that haven't seen it, that isn't just Tom Hiddlestone in drag, which in fairness would probably still be quite popular)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I thought Falcon and Winter Soldier was weak, but I really enjoyed Loki, and not just because of the lady Loki, who I felt was pretty fine (I should point out to those that haven't seen it, that isn't just Tom Hiddlestone in drag, which in fairness would probably still be quite popular)

Yeah pretty much this (brackets included.)

I gave up on Falcon after an episode and a half, it was pretty terrible. 

Loki and Wanda Vision were both pretty good. 

It was fun when it started, in the last few years it's just become too much.

The amount of content is overwhelming. We don't need 10 MCU Films / TV series a year IMO.

I'd love studios to invest in more original storytelling, but these things are a guaranteed banker. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

It was fun when it started, in the last few years it's just become too much.

The amount of content is overwhelming. We don't need 10 MCU Films / TV series a year IMO.

I'd love studios to invest in more original storytelling, but these things are a guaranteed banker. 

We went over a year without a movie tbf

There's some really good Marvel movies, some pretty bad ones, and a lot of OK ones. They're not particularly interesting films, IMO, but they are almost always very entertaining (and they are often carried by really great performances - Tom Hiddlestone, etc). The problem with them, if I'm honest, is that they seem to have become what young people think films are. I grew up as a big movie fan in the 1980s, when the movies I liked were, not better exactly, but more diverse in terms of genre, setting, etc (even though they were mainly American, and a lot of them were trash). I know there are still all sorts of movies being made about all sorts of things now, but there's so much Marvel, so much of the time, and they're all quite bland. Is anyone thrilled or inspired by a largely anonymous film like Black Widow (which felt to me like it was written by a spreadsheet)? And yet these are the biggest, most successful filmsout there. 

For contrast, I think the recent DC movies are generally not as entertaining or as well made, but they often have a bit more of an interesting edge to them - they seem to ask questions, where the Marvel movies generally don't. So I will go and see Shang Chi, etc, with the kids, but the only upcoming superhero movie I actually want to see is The Batman. I'm not sure what that says about me as a grown man though. 

I would note, I think the recent TV shows in Disney+ have been better than the movies. All of them are flawed, but they have been a bit more quirky. 

Fell a couple films behind and stopped trying to catch up, now I must be approaching double figures on films I’d need to watch let alone all the series lol I don’t dislike them but I’m just not invested enough to keep up with all the content. Does make me wonder where the buck stops though, I know comic book films were never not culturally relevant but there seemed to be a time when they were treated as a bit of a camp joke ala the Clooney Batman films (I know it’s DC but you get the point), at what point are they no longer the guaranteed box office hits they are currently?

• Like 1

I get franchise fatigue with marvel now, I'll watch one or two films a year. Only mcu TV show I've watched is wandavision and really enjoyed it but I had had enough by the end. In recent years I've enjoyed the avengers films, enjoyed the spidermans but that's pretty much all I've watched. Fair play to people who love it, they're certainly entertaining. 

21 hours ago, marbles said:

The first What If didn’t impress me.

The animation was great, but they crammed way too much in to make it enjoyable.  

Eternals does look like it’s going to be fun

Agree the first one was a bit slow. But was quite immersed by the alternate character roles in the second one.

Chadwick Boseman did a great job!

Only started watching the movies a few years ago think pretty much watched them all and the series other than black widow and what if. Looking forward to the new spider man. Hoping to get to the cinema to watch a few of them as apart from endgame never managed to watch any there. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Doc Ock, Sandman, Goblin, Electro… can’t wait to see who else there is

I get the feeling that when Doc Ock says “Hello Peter.” it is to Tobey Maguire Peter rather than Tom Holland… hopefully!

If this Sony crossover happens, it opens the door for Venom as well. Big things!

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Great trailer, be a bit miffed if persuading Dr Strange to alter time is as straightforward as that suggests though considering all he's ever done is show massive reluctance to mess with the time stone.

Especially after endgame where there making sure the infinity stones were put back exactly where they were was such a massive deal.

• Like 1

Why do trailers these days show a little 5 second montage at the top? Are people's attention spans that small now that they get bored during the title card? 

Cool trailer, though. People love a bit of nostalgia and Molina's Doc Ock was perfect. 

Not convinced the Tobey Maguire / Andrew Garfield Spidermans are going to play a huge part TBH. 

Wonder which Goblin will pop up? Willem Dafoe's surely?

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Why do trailers these days show a little 5 second montage at the top? Are people's attention spans that small now that they get bored during the title card? 

Cool trailer, though. People love a bit of nostalgia and Molina's Doc Ock was perfect. 

Not convinced the Tobey Maguire / Andrew Garfield Spidermans are going to play a huge part TBH. 

Could you repost this as a picture? I got lost after "5 second montage".

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Would think it has to be Dafoe as you can hear his laugh when you see one of his pumpkin bombs

• Like 1