Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

Just seen Black Adam too. Thought the back story was well explained with a few twists in there. I thought the comedy was well balanced and Dr Fate was well played by Brosnan. Sets up the Justice Society nicely whilst WB gets their s**t together to sort the JL. 

Credit scene finally shows that the adults are back in the room at WB..

• Like 1

Saw Black Adam over the weekend.  Enjoyable movie which looked great as DC movies tend to be.  I haven't a clue who the supporting cast were though tbh - could have done with more of an explanation as to who this Justice Society are and what they represent.  Like a lot of DC movies, you need to know the comics to make full sense of it which is something the Marvel movies have never needed.  Still, the movie was a move in the right direction and the ending scene sets it all up quite nicely for a second release.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

What did people think of Wakanda Forever?

Thought it was a bit too long personally. There were a few gaps in the storyline as well.

But felt the Chadwick tributes and the way he was written out was beautifully done.

Was nice to see on the big screen but definitely feels a one-time watch

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Thought it was a bit too long personally. There were a few gaps in the storyline as well.

But felt the Chadwick tributes and the way he was written out was beautifully done.

I thought it was better than the first one (which was massively overrated). I enjoyed Namor as I completely forgot he was in it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

I really enjoyed most of it.

one thing that bothered me..,

Siri is so tiny/skinny that she looked bad once she put on the Black Panther costume.  I mean, really bad imo.

Other than that, I loved it.

Its scary to realize that Namor is in control of the most powerful nation on earth.  They easily manhandled Wakanda.

I just hope hope this isn’t forgotten, and never dealt with again

• Like 1

I enjoyed Wakanda Forever, I good solid plot driven superhero movie, that developed the MCU. It was not trying to do anything too clever or funny or be a horror movie. The Chadwick Boseman tributes were well handled too. Not going to be a classic but very enjoyable. I also liked his little flappy ankle wings and the marine animal launch pads. Only real criticism was Iron Heart's inclusion felt very tacked on and under developed.

• Like 2

Saw Black Adam and thought it was great!

I know we’ll see more of him, but I also really liked Cyclone and hope they do more with her in the future.

I understand some of the violence was cut so that it didn’t receive an “R” rating.  Hopefully an uncut version will be available on Blu-ray.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TK95 said:

DC - the gift that keeps on giving :rolleyes:

BBC News - Henry Cavill: British actor will not return as Superman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63983600

Shame

i guess the link to James Bond has legs as it will take someone like him to fill Daniel’s shoes.

It’ll be same with whoever gets the superman gig for that matter big shoes needed there also

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

DC - the gift that keeps on giving :rolleyes:

BBC News - Henry Cavill: British actor will not return as Superman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63983600

Gunn starting with as clean a slate as possible then. Can imagine only Pattinson and and Phoenix being the survivors and that’s if they really wanted their schedules taken up by DC work rather than the Indy projects they’re better known for. 

I hope they get the new universe right but I still can’t see it being as popular or as good as the MCU 

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Gunn starting with as clean a slate as possible then. Can imagine only Pattinson and and Phoenix being the survivors and that’s if they really wanted their schedules taken up by DC work rather than the Indy projects they’re better known for. 

I hope they get the new universe right but I still can’t see it being as popular or as good as the MCU 

I don't think they necessarily need to "compete" with the MCU. The stories can carry themselves and people are interested in the characters which often offer something different from Marvel. (I'd always watch Batman for example)

My biggest gripe with DC is the lack of continuity/integration within their stories. They're trying to create a universe but have a revolving door of actors. The TV Shows are all over the place too.
Equally, it's fine not to have a universe if that's the case for creative licence. But they're neither here nor there at the moment.

I really hope moving forward, even if it's a simple model or small pool of characters they use, that it is quality over quantity

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

I don't think they necessarily need to "compete" with the MCU. The stories can carry themselves and people are interested in the characters which often offer something different from Marvel. (I'd always watch Batman for example)

My biggest gripe with DC is the lack of continuity/integration within their stories. They're trying to create a universe but have a revolving door of actors. The TV Shows are all over the place too.
Equally, it's fine not to have a universe if that's the case for creative licence. But they're neither here nor there at the moment.

I really hope moving forward, even if it's a simple model or small pool of characters they use, that it is quality over quantity

Completely agree that they don't need to compete, they never did. When the Nolan Batman trilogy ended they should have left the character alone for a bit instead of casting Batfleck. But DC/WB saw the success Marvel were having and wanted a slice of the pie, but chose one of the worst directors out there to helm it. They should have waited, because the whole DCEU has been inconsistent and disjointed with only a handful of hits and even fewer actual decent films. Their best bet is to either wait for The Batman and Joker series to end and recast & start again, or to build on those two from now on. 

• Like 2

Not DC or Marvel, an old Valiant character, watching Bloodshot with Vin Diesel, quite different from the original comic bar the nanites.

Bloodshot was, in the original comics from what I remember an assassin/gangster who was double crossed and is the only human who can survive with the nanites since they burn other humans out.

Did not know they brought the titles back after Valiant folded back in the 90s under the Acclaim title and they rebooted the character and then rebooted him again after Valiant Entertainment bought the rights back.

At one point it looked like Valiant would be the third major comic book giant until infighting and greed got in the way.

Still have a fair few comics with Eternal Warrior, X-O man o war, Bloodshot, Shadowman etc., stuck away with all my old Uncanny Xmen comics.

The X-O man o war stuff too, the original aliens were spider like and the armour was alive, a sentient battle suit controlled by a barbarian from Roman times.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2022 at 21:35, ithuriel said:

Not DC or Marvel, an old Valiant character, watching Bloodshot with Vin Diesel, quite different from the original comic bar the nanites.

Bloodshot was, in the original comics from what I remember an assassin/gangster who was double crossed and is the only human who can survive with the nanites since they burn other humans out.

Did not know they brought the titles back after Valiant folded back in the 90s under the Acclaim title and they rebooted the character and then rebooted him again after Valiant Entertainment bought the rights back.

At one point it looked like Valiant would be the third major comic book giant until infighting and greed got in the way.

Still have a fair few comics with Eternal Warrior, X-O man o war, Bloodshot, Shadowman etc., stuck away with all my old Uncanny Xmen comics.

The X-O man o war stuff too, the original aliens were spider like and the armour was alive, a sentient battle suit controlled by a barbarian from Roman times.

I remember watching Bloodshot then looking up where it came from. Interested to see more Valiant films at some point

53 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I remember watching Bloodshot then looking up where it came from. Interested to see more Valiant films at some point

Well, the original start up universe was like old school pre 90s Marvel, a lot of their core characters came from golden age comics that the big two did not have the rights to, like Solar man of the atom and Turok dinosaur hunter, they expanded titles by having new characters emerge from their core comics and joined them all together in a cross over event called Unity.

Shadowman was one of the comics I collected, alongside my regular purchase of Marvels Uncanny X-men and I was gutted when Valiant folded, so it was really cool to hear that they came back, even though the characters have altered a little, they are essentially still the same it seems.

• Like 1

Seen lots of rumours and videos about a new Avengers movie before the proper Avengers movies roll around again.

The Armour Wars show that was to have been a series on D+ has apparently been redone as a movie and even though the movie will feature Rhodes as Iron Man/War Machine as the main protagonist it will feature the West Coast Avengers, with the rumoured villain being the return of Ultron.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still remember this crossover, have the comics in my cupboard in boxes, really need to get them out and take a gander, this story was decent but it was nothing on the Age of Apocalypse, the Fall of the Mutants etc.,

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1