Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

On 26/08/2021 at 09:20, Line-X said:

The Defenders? - That was originally Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor and Silver Surfer. And actually, from memory the 'New Defenders'  later included Valkyrie - who I also mentioned. There was also another alliance I've just recalled - Champions, consisting of Hercules, Black Widow and Ghost Rider amongst others - perhaps that's been adapted too?

I read comics pretty much throughout the 1980s (I turned 18 in 1990, and stopped, I guess for financial reasons, but I haven't bought an issue since I graduated high school.)

There were some great Defenders stories involving Valkyrie and the Son of Satan character that were actually quite complex. Same with Ghost Rider (the Nic Cage movies were awful.)

They are supposedly doing a Moon Knight series, and I would love to see a Deathloc movie, but done well.

My main problem with the MCU (and most franchise movies) is that they are afraid to take themselves seriously. There always has to be a self-referential joke, just so the audience knows the filmmakers aren't really nerds. I am not saying there shouldn't be humour-- Raimi's Spiderman and Spiderman 2 had humour, but it didn't feel the need to ruin serious moments with an inappropriate joke.

Never realised quite how many new movies and tv shows we are getting in Phase 4

TV Series:

WandaVision - Out

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Out

Loki - Out

What if...? - Out

Hawkeye - 24th November 2021

Ms Marvel - Late 2021

Moon Knight - 2022

She-Hulk - 2022

Secret Invasion - 2022

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - Holiday 2022

Iron Heart -TBC

Armor Wars - TBC

Wakanda Series - TBC

Movies:

Black Widow - Out

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - September 2021

Eternals - November 2021

Spider-Man No way Home - December 2021

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness - March 2022

Thor Love and Thunder - May 2022

Black Panther Wakanda Forever - July 2022

The Marvels - November 2022

Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania - February 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - May 2023

Fantastic Four - TBC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Never realised quite how many new movies and tv shows we are getting in Phase 4

TV Series:

WandaVision - Out

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Out

Loki - Out

What if...? - Out

Hawkeye - 24th November 2021

Ms Marvel - Late 2021

Moon Knight - 2022

She-Hulk - 2022

Secret Invasion - 2022

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - Holiday 2022

Iron Heart -TBC

Armor Wars - TBC

Wakanda Series - TBC

Movies:

Black Widow - Out

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - September 2021

Eternals - November 2021

Spider-Man No way Home - December 2021

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness - March 2022

Thor Love and Thunder - May 2022

Black Panther Wakanda Forever - July 2022

The Marvels - November 2022

Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania - February 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - May 2023

Fantastic Four - TBC

Covid catch up!

On 26/08/2021 at 00:01, Samilktray said:

You think a Spider-Man movie with a couple of old characters in it, could top a movie that took 10 years to set up and was probably the biggest cinema event in recent memory? It’s a no from me champ 

You could argue this has been nearly 20 years in the making given the first Spiderman released in 2002. And the cross studio challenges with Sony, it had never even seemed a possibility before.

Don't get me wrong Infinity War/Endgame were epics but this feels symbolic for me in the sense it opens the door for future cross studio collaborations like Venom, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, X-Men etc.

Edited by TK95

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was fantastic, and instantly up there as one of my favourite MCU movies.

Wasn't entirely sure what to expect from it, but was blown away - particularly by some of the action sequences. They've worked wonders fitting it within the MCU as a whole, and the teases for the future seem to indicate he'll be integral going forward. A couple of unexpected cameos in the end credits scene, and a much bigger role than expected for Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery, too.

Watching it this weekend. Heard amazing things so far!

On 07/09/2021 at 23:07, Górnik Leicester said:

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was fantastic, and instantly up there as one of my favourite MCU movies.

Wasn't entirely sure what to expect from it, but was blown away - particularly by some of the action sequences. They've worked wonders fitting it within the MCU as a whole, and the teases for the future seem to indicate he'll be integral going forward. A couple of unexpected cameos in the end credits scene, and a much bigger role than expected for Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery, too.

I have to say,   I am pleasantly surprised by the reviews as I was not that impressed by trailers albietty I was feeling fatigued by Marvel movies.    Will have to give this a watch now.

On 17/09/2021 at 23:22, TK95 said:

As far as standalone Marvel movies go, I felt it was on a par with Black Panther and Doctor Strange.

This is high praise indeed! I had very low expectations when I saw Doctor Strange, but it’s really good. Really really good. As is Black Panther of course, but I was less suprised by that one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this fits the topic but, the charity shop I work in has a number of Marvel annuals and books about the Marvel genre as well as guides as to how to draw Marvel/superhero type characters. We're not really sure what to do with them as it's fairly niche. We've also got a number of Anime illustrated story books based on the Japanese style of drawing/storytelling. Any suggestions welcome.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...