Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just finished the season finale for Ms Marvel

Of the phase 4 TV shows so far I would have to say it was probably the one I thought was the weakest (although I am fully expecting She-Hulk to take that crown when that comes out)

Although I did quite enjoy the finale, and overall how they chose to show her powers rather than just being stretchy like in the comics

Hide contents

I didn't expect to hear the xmen theme, seems like she is a mutant! I was expecting that they would somehow get Captain Marvel into the finale

you missed the end credits scene then

Saw Thor Love and Thunder yesterday. It was very funny, which was fine to a point but by about half way through it just got too much. It felt like a comedy superhero movie rather than an action film with comic elements. Especially considering some of the darker themes. Too much was just played for life's. Thor Ragnarok got the balance spot on, it was funny whilst also really well paced full of great action set pieces and a really enjoyable plot.

This one just had too many jokes and comedic elements that it detracted from the antagonist, who after an interesting introduction was largely wasted instead we got Russel Crowe putting on a comedy accent and flicking Thor's clothes off. I will watch it again when it's on Disney but mainly for the laughs and not the action or plot.

Edited by Captain...

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Hide contents

Ah I think I wrote it slightly wrong haha, I meant that I did expect to see her so wasn't surprised when she turned up

On the subject of end credits scenes, come on marvel either do or don't do them in the TV series. It's really annoying when there is actual plot in an end credits scene in the seven th episode of a series that up to that point didn't have any, so you start episode 8 and you've missed something Wandavision. Loki, Falcon  and Winter Soldier, Ms Marvel all did this. Have it for the season finale fair enough, but not random episodes mid season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've enjoyed all the phase 4 series so far. Good in their own way. I just wonder how they will bring it all together

Lots of speculation that Secret Wars is going to be the next big event. Still a long way to go in character development to get there though if they stay true to comics 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Lots of speculation that Secret Wars is going to be the next big event. Still a long way to go in character development to get there though if they stay true to comics 

Rumor is that Secret Wars will actually take place during the blip - so still a big question as to where it’s all headed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marbles said:

Excited for some.  Definitely don’t care about She-Hulk.

Might just be me, but I think it’s looks horrendous 

As with anything Marvel though just never know where it'll link up later down the line.

The new Black Panther looks great

• Like 1

Got round to seeing Thor love and thunder this week and enjoyed it as did the kids , went to the cinema while on holiday to watch it and it was only £3.50 each so was happy with that as well 😂. just got the last episode of ms marvel to watch now which should get round to tomorrow/ Sunday hopefully. 

• Like 1

We kept all up to date and have seen all of the films. 

We’ve never bothered with any of the series though and it’d started to feel that they’re making references to them in the movies. I found this in the latest Dr Strange one, which I thought was beyond odd. 

I’m not a fan of his meta verse thing.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

We kept all up to date and have seen all of the films. 

We’ve never bothered with any of the series though and it’d started to feel that they’re making references to them in the movies. I found this in the latest Dr Strange one, which I thought was beyond odd. 

I’m not a fan of his meta verse thing.

WandaVision was a must watch before Dr Strange

Youll want to see Falcon/Winter Soldier before the next Captain America movie comes out.

Watching Loki will help understand what’s coming in the next phase

Hawkeye is just fun - but also hints at the next phase shows.

Moon Knight is good, but not mandatory.

Edited by marbles

On 21/07/2022 at 20:36, kingcarr21 said:

I've enjoyed all the phase 4 series so far. Good in their own way. I just wonder how they will bring it all together

Phase 4 was pretty weak overall really. Apart from WandaVision, Loki and Dr Strange: MoM, all of them were fairly forgettable, never moved on the main MCU story, or were just side projects introducing new characters. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 22:50, marbles said:

WandaVision was a must watch before Dr Strange

Youll want to see Falcon/Winter Soldier before the next Captain America movie comes out.

Watching Loki will help understand what’s coming in the next phase

Hawkeye is just fun - but also hints at the next phase shows.

Moon Knight is good, but not mandatory.

Forgot about Falcon and winter soldier till you mentioned this. Watched today, was decent enough. Nothing spescial but worth watching, especially as i like both the guys who play the lead parts. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

Phase 4 was pretty weak overall really. Apart from WandaVision, Loki and Dr Strange: MoM, all of them were fairly forgettable, never moved on the main MCU story, or were just side projects introducing new characters. 

No Spiderman?

Edited by The Blur