Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Marvel/DC

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Finished watching all the X-Men films. Never really appealed to me in the past but when I knew Professor X was going to appear in Dr Strange 2, I thought I'd go through the marathon.

I'm actually really impressed and was quite drawn in. I think the character development within the stories is possibly even better than what we've generally seen in the MCU films. 

There's also a lot of unanswered questions between Days of Future Past and Logan. I wonder if this will ever be revisited.

I prefer X-Men to any of the rest of the marvel franchise. I think it's better by being kept away from the rest of the franchise.

It's always been fairly dark going back to the 1990s cartoon and has enough characters without chucking in a load of avengers into the mix.

Moon Knight, crazy 1st episode , not sure why they couldnt have an English actor as the main star, i like Oscar Issac but his accent is a bit OTT ...?

Edited by rico

16 hours ago, rico said:

Moon Knight, crazy 1st episode , not sure why they couldnt have an English actor as the main star, i like Oscar Issac but his accent is a bit OTT ...?

Spoilers below as to why it kind of makes sense

The main persona we saw in episode 1 was Steven Grant, however he is an alternate identity, the main “persona” of the body is Marc Spector (who we saw in the mirror at the end who spoke without a British accent)

So it kind of makes sense for it to seem OTT because it is an alternate identity of an American

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I see the guy who plays the flash has got himself in to a spot of bother for, by the sounds of it, being a complete and total arse hole. 

Seems a bit of a tosser

Although he didn’t get done for it, in 2020 there was a video of him choking a woman and then throwing her on the ground

Edited by moore_94

On 01/04/2022 at 10:38, moore_94 said:

Seems a bit of a tosser

Although he didn’t get done for it, in 2020 there was a video of him choking a woman and then throwing her on the ground

Ezra Miller was very much the wrong choice for the Flash in my opinion. Grant Gustin would have been my preference. His small screen portrayal has improved over the seasons.

Still at least we have the speedforce and WB can always write him out with another actor when he eventually crosses a boundary with WB bosses via another earth crossover.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, blabyboy said:

Ezra Miller was very much the wrong choice for the Flash in my opinion. Grant Gustin would have been my preference. His small screen portrayal has improved over the seasons.

Still at least we have the speedforce and WB can always write him out with another actor when he eventually crosses a boundary with WB bosses via another earth crossover.

@marbles you are hereby granted a pass into  Star Laboratories. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Arrested again...

Every time this clown does dumb shit, or a DC movie flops like a lead weight, I chuckle to myself a little.

How different it all could have been if they had given Amell and Gustin a chance at the big screen. Marvel did the big screen to small screen series on disney plus to much success. DC could have gotten there sooner in reverse, instead of shitting the bed playing catch-up and constantly falling further behind. Sure, Arrow wasn't a founding member of the justice league, but really who gives a monkeys, not like they've not twisted the source material already.

• Thanks 3

DC/Warner Bros can’t do anything right.  Changing the universe between movies.  Killing Superman after 2 movies.  Green Lantern.  Different versions of the same character.  It goes on and on.

Marvel has an oddity in The Eternals - it sucked

DCs oddity is Wonder Woman - it was great

9 hours ago, marbles said:

DC/Warner Bros can’t do anything right.  Changing the universe between movies.  Killing Superman after 2 movies.  Green Lantern.  Different versions of the same character.  It goes on and on.

Marvel has an oddity in The Eternals - it sucked

DCs oddity is Wonder Woman - it was great

Funnily enough Green Lantern came out while I was at college and we watched it in class one day lol so I didn't mind it so much

Edited by TK95

• 2 weeks later...

Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman cancelled by CW.   I never watch the latter but was quite sad about the former as it is one of my favourite TV shows.   Would have preferred for The Flash to be canned.  

• Like 1

Watched Doctor Strange in the cinema today. Without giving too much away, I liked the darker tone (surprised it stayed 12A) but don't know just felt like I expected more from it.

It was a good watch (lots of nice visuals/effects) but not an epic by any means in my opinion. Pacing was a little questionable too

Edited by TK95

21 hours ago, TK95 said:

Watched Doctor Strange in the cinema today. Without giving too much away, I liked the darker tone (surprised it stayed 12A) but don't know just felt like I expected more from it.

It was a good watch (lots of nice visuals/effects) but not an epic by any means in my opinion. Pacing was a little questionable too

Yeah saw it this morning. 
very Sam Raimi in a good way most of the time. Can’t believe they got some of it through the PG rating as it was pure horror at times with plenty of blood. 
Enjoyable romp with a few surprises 

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching Morbius as well. I thought it was decent tbh, not sure why it's had so much bad rep. Liking the darker genre.

Can tell they've obviously reshot the film though. There are scenes in the trailer which no longer appear in the film which is a bit bizarre!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2022 at 21:42, moore_94 said:

Arrested again...

Sorry to bring this blast from the past back up. 

I know the flash movie is now in post production so would cost a fortune to scrap and redo with another actor, but how the hell can they release it when this dumb **** can't go one week without doing dumb shit? 

Enough is enough. Surely the fan favourite flash character's long term success is too important to let this clowns fragile brain overshadow it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the season finale for Ms Marvel

Of the phase 4 TV shows so far I would have to say it was probably the one I thought was the weakest (although I am fully expecting She-Hulk to take that crown when that comes out)

Although I did quite enjoy the finale, and overall how they chose to show her powers rather than just being stretchy like in the comics

I didn't expect to hear the xmen theme, seems like she is a mutant! I was expecting that they would somehow get Captain Marvel into the finale