Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. 

Are you talking about your intake or do you let your HOYD actually sign players from other clubs? 

Edit:

On second thoughts, just going to answer as if to both anyway. I read a fair few football manager communities, I subscribe to sortitoutsi, I've been on the sigames forums for years. I don't think I agree that youth is "joked about every year." Any memes/jokes about FM and youth is just about the fact that their predictions for potential ability are often wrong. But that's hardly surprising how are they supposed to tell which 16 year olds are going to be future pros when professional scouts the world over have no idea. Every year there's a Carlos Fierro that's the best youth player on the game that turns out to be a mid-table MLS talent in years to come in real life. There needs to be a stack of high dynamic potential players in the game to keep it interesting.

I think the youth intake is pretty well done at the moment. Your HOYD's main function is to give you an intake every year. His preferred style of football, his personality and his chosen formations will impact what regens you get, what THEIR personalities are, what positions they play in and what sort of skill sets they get. Your club's youth development (a hidden attribute), youth facilities and reputation impact on the calibre of players you'll get, as does the 'youth level' of the nation you're playing in (also a hidden stat.) For comparison, sim a few seasons at Atleti, Real or Barca and then sim a few seasons at Cefn Druids and compare the intakes. 

But if you are letting your HOYD sign young players from other clubs, as in try and poach u18 players? I mean, I don't really know what you're going to expect. That's always going to be shit and probably quite rightly otherwise it'd basically be a cheatcode. It's not what the HOYD is intended to be for, quite frankly. If this is what you're talking about then, whilst I think that's largely on you, there is an element I would kinda agree with and that's that the AI is inherently bad in the transfer market. It makes it's signings largely based on reputation as far as I can tell and isn't very good. It's actually one of my least favourite things about the game but actually not in the way you intend, it's actually how shit your rival clubs are in the transfer market meaning that the game always ends up being too easy because whilst you're signing the best PA regens from all round the world or googling for Wonderkid shortlists like your life depends on it, Man City are out there just binging on every over-rated muppet with a high reputation regardless of the fact he's a centre forward with 10 finishing or something.

Thanks for going into detail on this :) you’ve pretty much covered all bases to be fair! 

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Thanks for going into detail on this :) you’ve pretty much covered all bases to be fair! 

Your best use of HOYD is to hire one with the best personality possible (model citizen, resolute, driven, etc) and keep pushing your board to upgrade youth facilities and youth recruitment network whenever you can. That's all for your intake.

Otherwise get as many scouts as you can with high judging PA and go finding potential wonderkids yourself. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Your best use of HOYD is to hire one with the best personality possible (model citizen, resolute, driven, etc) and keep pushing your board to upgrade youth facilities and youth recruitment network whenever you can. That's all for your intake.

Otherwise get as many scouts as you can with high judging PA and go finding potential wonderkids yourself. 

Taa!

In answer to your question I don’t put the HOYD in charge of signings, and to be honest any Wonderkids i find I tend to stick straight in the first team or pop out on loan so they don’t have much to do with the youth system. 

It was more the yearly intake that bothered me, and I raised it after seeing a meme saying something along the lines of “the look you’re HOYD gives after that 257th shit intake in a row” lol 

Turkey? Completed it mate. We win 1-0 against Trabzonspor and secure a league and cup double in just 30 games at Adana Demirspor after originally taking over with them in the relegation zone and 17 points behind with 21 games left!

Kind of says a lot about how all the other teams were pretty poor, but I am not gonna complain!

I feel like I am basically speed running an unemployed no badges sunday league experience save at this point lol

image.png.5f3ba2a00959fb379d4f3f3a1513c604.png

image.thumb.png.7bc616d262c82ea8ef9013405b056b2b.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Mad how it's binned that month for the Welsh league but Spanish Segunda is running normally. That said neither will have many.

i have a 16 year old keeper off with the welsh under 18s, thats it. wales are not even in it, i assume theres a youth tournament running as well

EDIT. i bet its solely because of the new saints, they have a few internationals and they cant allow us plebs with no budget to catch up

Edited by Beliall

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i have a 16 year old keeper off with the welsh under 18s, thats it. wales are not even in it, i assume theres a youth tournament running as well

EDIT. i bet its solely because of the new saints, they have a few internationals and they cant allow us plebs with no budget to catch up

I don't even see how it'll affect TNS. Are they seriously going to have anybody going to the World Cup?

I don't really have a single contender to go in my squad other than on loan Jean Nguessan and I doubt he will either.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't even see how it'll affect TNS. Are they seriously going to have anybody going to the World Cup?

I don't really have a single contender to go in my squad other than on loan Jean Nguessan and I doubt he will either.

i just speculating, i dont have the game open right now, could it be a european qualifying league thing? wales are one but spain div 2 are not , 

I stayed long enough to beat Galatasaray and pick up the Turkish Super Cup but after just 1 season (not even a whole 1) we are leaving Adana Demirspor and are now off to Belgium to join title challengers Genk!

Similar wage and transfer budget on offer but the squad is SO much better

A lot of players that could easily be sold for big money, and even a few really good young players like Arezo and Vandevoordt who will be the main stars of my team I am sure

They finished 3rd last season and are currently going through the qualifying rounds for the Europa Conference

Had interviews for a few other jobs; Angers, Nantes, Midtjjylland but felt this was the best on offer

image.thumb.png.f90a70a542c3e342c4fdd59f3b9c20d6.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Something that IS bullshit about youth development, by the way, and has been for the last two versions - youth players' willingness to go out on loan. Wtf is this all about?

18/19/20 year old players refusing to move to affiliates, get nobody interested in a loan if offered out, bunch of clubs saying they'd be interested but player doesn't have sufficient interest, even the Loan Manager can't get them a loan when Development Listed?

Only way to seem to get them to go is if they come to me complaining about a lack of match time which is... just fvcking backwards. It never used to be this hard. I get making some parts of the game more challenging, selling unwanted players shouldn't be easy for example, especially if you're paying them well - I mean look at our situation with countless players in real life.

But kids refusing to go on loan is just stupid.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Something that IS bullshit about youth development, by the way, and has been for the last two versions - youth players' willingness to go out on loan. Wtf is this all about?

18/19/20 year old players refusing to move to affiliates, get nobody interested in a loan if offered out, bunch of clubs saying they'd be interested but player doesn't have sufficient interest, even the Loan Manager can't get them a loan when Development Listed?

Only way to seem to get them to go is if they come to me complaining about a lack of match time which is... just fvcking backwards. It never used to be this hard. I get making some parts of the game more challenging, selling unwanted players shouldn't be easy for example, especially if you're paying them well - I mean look at our situation with countless players in real life.

But kids refusing to go on loan is just stupid.

Not even bought 22 but I think this is normally a problem with not having lower leagues loaded. Loans at clubs in leagues not loaded don't actually help much development wise anyway. There's a guy on the stories forum the tests and measure a lot of youth stuff. _Ben_ or something like that iirc.

might be a good point that, i always run every league except the ones i want to play in as read only so the results process and the teams are "real". never have an issue with loans. also, make sure to not give long contracts to young players, they think they have made it and dont try as hard and consider themselves worthy of first team football

breaking my rule about talking about an in progress season, because i just lost the league cup final 3-0 because my absolute shit stain of a left back got sent off in the 9th minute. its the 5th red of the season ,the team has lost the plot and im fuming, we're second in the league, 20 points behind TNS and im starting to really hate these twats that are in my squad. need a real club to come and offer me an interview right now. 

oh and all my wingers are injured so i had to play a new tactic, that changed to a back 3 after the sending off. we lost to TNS, who win everything. i dont see me competing against them honestly. we dont have the money

Edited by Beliall

This year's iteration just seems too... easy.. unless we've all just 'worked it out' which I suppose does happen after a time.

Even the not very good scouts seem to be able to unearth a few decent options and a bit of time spent means you can pick up some good players for almost any club.

Its been touched on here; but what really seems a bit game breaking here is some of the AI transfers. Example being I had a 33 year old player I'd barely used; not that high profile and not very good; didn't want to sign a new contract and I didn't want to give him a new contract. I was even considering early termination and had been offering him on a loan out with wages paid, then he could sign where he wanted. No one takes up the loan. Then an AI club offer £3,800,000 for him. To be clear, that's more than he would have been worth in his prime and I'd have accepted an offer of zero.

Another is the player I did want to keep, who was not unhappy and wanted a contract from me of over what I was permitted to spend; we were getting nowhere, he was happy enough but not going to extend. I've accepted I'm losing him for nothing; club in the same division makes an offer of £800,000 which I accept; he goes and talks to them and does the deal at half of what he was asking me for in wages. Firstly, why don't I have the option to hit a button to say 'match offer' or 'exceed offer' as its now within my budget? Secondly, he then comes back to me asking if I'll contribute as he's taking a pay cut. That is immersion breaking as its simply broken.

Finally, I think they might need to nerf the set pieces / corners things; unless I'm just an absolute expert at them. Decent corner taker; aim for near post, have someone on keeper, someone on near post and your best header/jumper attacking the ball. Results in silly amounts of goals. A great tactic but maybe a bit immersion breaking when every club has a set piece taker and header that good, but the AI just don't bother?

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

This year's iteration just seems too... easy.. unless we've all just 'worked it out'

Me winning back to back FA Cups and the Europa League with Brighton backs this up.  Never had such success.

Signed Benjamin Sesko and it was lift off. Smashing Man Utd 6-1, Ajax 5-0 etc. Never happens.

• Like 1

I've tested it with 2 clubs now and I have a hypothesis that providing you:

- Have players for each position (you don't have to go and sign stars; but some squads just have glaring issues like no striker/no left back)

- Have a player with corners in double figures

- Have a player with heading in double figures

- Set up your set pieces

- Pick any formation you like providing it fits your players and you don't ship goals.

= promotion. Nothing clever required. No good signings really.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

- Have players for each position (you don't have to go and sign stars; but some squads just have glaring issues like no striker/no left back)

- Set up your set pieces

- Pick any formation you like providing it fits your players and you don't ship goals.

Just to clarify I'm doing about the Conference South.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

- Set up your set pieces

Tiny bit of an exaggeration but yeah corners are ridiculous again atm. 

Two centre backs one attacking near post, one loitering near post, then either a striker or a they'd centre back attacking far post. 

Aim all corners at near post. 

Score shit loads like that. My corner taker has 11 corners and crossing as well currently. He got 27 assists in all comps last year. He's my mezzala and main creator from open play as well, so that's not all corners, but a fair few were.