Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

3 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

I hope the priority is first given to those who attended three, two and then one, of the away games in Warsaw, Moscow and Napoli.

Not a chance.  I went to Napoli and Warsaw but don't do many other away games so don't have many points so like Bruge, Copenhagen and Madrid I'll be in the home end.  I suggested to the club that you get 5 points for European travel and those who went to Moscow 25. Fell on deaf ears. 

"Please note the Away Priority Points Criteria will be amended for this game due to a smaller allocation"

I wonder if this means they prioritise the people that made the effort to go to any of the previous European away games.

Doubt it.

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

"Please note the Away Priority Points Criteria will be amended for this game due to a smaller allocation"

I wonder if this means they prioritise the people that made the effort to go to any of the previous European away games.

Doubt it.

Hope so but I don't think they will. Put another way it doesn't matter how they allocate tickets people will say its unfair, so really the club can't win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Doubt it.

It'll simply mean the increase the brackets. E.g. 480+, 460+, 445+ etc.

Surely we should get 800ish tickets if it's the nornal allocation. Minimum is 500.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

They can **** right off f they think I've spent 30 years doing aways but can then change the rules having spunked 1000s watching us in everything from L1 to the CL. 

To be denied a ticket for this. Although I accept we all know the allocation will be about half what it should be 

Yeah, i totally get and agree with your point, and fan's like you need to be rewarded.

On the flip side, It's a case of the rich get richer and the only way people actually tend to catch up is when people die!

It's probably why our away support is so stale because it's the same old 90 year old's getting first dibs.

As for changing the rules, that's exactly what the clubs done for all three of the previous European games this campaign. Changing the goal post's to suit them thus cancelling out a lot of supporters with the 'You must have ___ away points' when only a hand full of fans were actually making the effort to go anyway.

Edited by adejo92

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It'll simply mean the increase the brackets. E.g. 480+, 460+, 445+ etc.

Surely we should get 800ish tickets if it's the nornal allocation. Minimum is 500.

I’ve looked closer at their away end. It has a standing section and makes me think it will be 500 for a UEFA game (whereas it would traditionally be 800 for a Danish league game). 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve looked closer at their away end. It has a standing section and makes me think it will be 500 for a UEFA game (whereas it would traditionally be 800 for a Danish league game). 

I believe that Standing area may have been converted as Galatasaray had the full 800 away end plus the rest of the home end behind the goal earlier this season.  

I think we all premature in panic anyway. If it’s 800, we will struggle to sell out. If it’s 500, it will probably go at STH. 

As along as there is no charter flights or club arranged travel, the demand wavers because it’s idiots like me and you who’d prefer a flask of whisky or rum, not milky tea 

11 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, i totally get and agree with your point, and fan's like you need to be rewarded.

On the flip side, It's a case of the rich get richer and the only way people actually tend to catch up is when people die!

It's probably why our away support is so stale because it's the same old 90 year old's getting first dibs.

As for changing the rules, that's exactly what the clubs done for all three of the previous European games this campaign. Changing the goal post's to suit them thus cancelling out a lot of supporters with the 'You must have ___ away points' when only a hand full of fans were actually making the effort to go anyway.

This is a bit of a myrh tho. My lads only had a season ticket since 2014/15 and has 422 away points, my daughter is on about 453 since 2011 so you can catch up, you just have to go to Swansea, West ham etc last few seasons my lad has got Chelsea, Norwich on his own merit.

But I've had this conversation several times now and it seems you will never please everyone lol

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think we all premature in panic anyway. If it’s 800, we will struggle to sell out. If it’s 500, it will probably go at STH. 

As along as there is no charter flights or club arranged travel, the demand wavers because it’s idiots like me and you who’d prefer a flask of whisky or rum, not milky tea 

I think we would just about sell out at 800 but there would be ample to go round the brackets

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

This is a bit of a myrh tho. My lads only had a season ticket since 2014/15 and has 422 away points, my daughter is on about 453 since 2011 so you can catch up, you just have to go to Swansea, West ham etc last few seasons my lad has got Chelsea, Norwich on his own merit.

But I've had this conversation several times now and it seems you will never please everyone lol

This is the point though isn't it?

22 away games in 8 seasons isn't that many, yet they'd have more away priority points than someone who's had a season ticket for 5 seasons and gone to every single away. That can't be right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

That's because they've had STs since near the start of the introduction of 50 priority points for an ST. Anyone getting a ST in the last 2 or 3 years is miles behind, lads who do every single away possible but only had an ST for 3 years are on about 180, it's gonna take them 10 years to catch up and that's with them continuing to do every away possible. Aways like Forest, Villa, Brentford etc. They don't even get a chance to get a ticket for these games. Aslong as you've got 405 points you're sound 90% of the time, but anyone on less than that struggles with alot of games. It's improved recently because we have more Sunday games, but when it was Saturday 3pm, you didn't stand a chance if you were all STHs most of the time.

21 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is the point though isn't it?

22 away games in 8 seasons isn't that many, yet they'd have more away priority points than someone who's had a season ticket for 5 seasons and gone to every single away. That can't be right.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's because they've had STs since near the start of the introduction of 50 priority points for an ST. Anyone getting a ST in the last 2 or 3 years is miles behind, lads who do every single away possible but only had an ST for 3 years are on about 180, it's gonna take them 10 years to catch up and that's with them continuing to do every away possible. Aways like Forest, Villa, Brentford etc. They don't even get a chance to get a ticket for these games. Aslong as you've got 405 points you're sound 90% of the time, but anyone on less than that struggles with alot of games. It's improved recently because we have more Sunday games, but when it was Saturday 3pm, you didn't stand a chance if you were all STHs most of the time.

Whist I don't disagree, and he's miles behind me. How would anyone who's only had a season ticket for a few years manage every away anyway? Because as you point out they wouldn't be anywhere close to having enough points for several games a season.

I have a take from all angles.

I'm comfortably P1 my lad is trying to work his way up. But has been having to do aways when he can get them on his own. Much easier this season granted. Not so easy in 16/17

And my wife is only on about 153 due to having to be successful in the ballot to get her ticket.

There's definitely no answer that pleases everyone that's for sure.

Just now, Bayfox said:

Whist I don't disagree, and he's miles behind me. How would anyone who's only had a season ticket for a few years manage every away anyway? Because as you point out they wouldn't be anywhere close to having enough points for several games a season.

I'm comfortably P1 my lad is trying to work his way up. But has been having to do aways when he can get them on his own. Much easier this season granted. Not so easy in 16/17

And my wife is only on about 153 due to having to be successful in the ballot to get her ticket.

Yeah I meant every away possible, they probably don't manage 5 or 6 a season (Small lower league team away in the cup, European fixture away, Villa, Brentford etc.)

What I've been suggesting for years is to have the STs worth 20/25 points or something, rather than 50, would even it out much better. Alternatively cap the 50 points for an ST at 3 or 4 seasons, rather than 8 (or whatever it is now).

I agree though, no right answer that'll suit everyone, I just worry about our away support and getting new lads into it, it's a closed shop atm, both in terms of getting a season ticket and attending away games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah I meant every away possible, they probably don't manage 5 or 6 a season (Small lower league team away in the cup, European fixture away, Villa, Brentford etc.)

What I've been suggesting for years is to have the STs worth 20/25 points or something, rather than 50, would even it out much better. Alternatively cap the 50 points for an ST at 3 or 4 seasons, rather than 8 (or whatever it is now).

I agree though, no right answer that'll suit everyone, I just worry about our away support and getting new lads into it, it's a closed shop atm, both in terms of getting a season ticket and attending away games.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I really don't see that there is an answer. Away support is very poor for a reason, and that isn't changing any time soon because new blood will never get a look in.

On the flip side, you do have to reward those who have made the effort to go to all those away fixtures. Like @Bayfox has said in his reply to me, i fully understand why he would be massively aggrieved to not get the opportunity for a ticket for this having most likely traveled to some very undesirable fixtures over a number of years.

I think it's just a case of it is what it is. 

I imagine it’ll change in the next year or so due to the upcoming expansion.

Part of me would like to see some form of combined/ total loyalty points system:

STH - 20 pts

All non-STH  - 1 pt for every league game attended

All fans - 1 pt for every home cup game attended

All fans - 2 pt for every away game

Also helps drum up interest for home cup fixtures.

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah I agree and my understanding originally was the 50 points would drop off after 3 seasons. This rolling total seems strange as you say there must be plenty of season ticket holders who hardly go away but jump the queue a bit when it comes to things like the CL. As an example. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I really don't see that there is an answer. Away support is very poor for a reason, and that isn't changing any time soon because new blood will never get a look in.

On the flip side, you do have to reward those who have made the effort to go to all those away fixtures. Like @Bayfox has said in his reply to me, i fully understand why he would be massively aggrieved to not get the opportunity for a ticket for this having most likely traveled to some very undesirable fixtures over a number of years.

I think it's just a case of it is what it is. 

Nothing is ever undesirable to me. I always go to watch us. Never once have I wanted to attend a game based on the opposition so everything from Carlisle to Madrid was a wonderful day out.

Ok maybe Newport under Claude lol

• Like 1

On 05/01/2022 at 11:09, The Year Of The Fox said:

Contemplating not bothering for this one after all 

We’ve flights booked from Stansted 23rd Feb- Aarhus 

Returning 25th

Paid £50 return as booked very early on (these flights eventually went up to £347, but are back down to £149 now

If I wasn’t to go, potentially there would be 3 seats up for grabs, but each incurring a £115 name change. (Still cheaper than booking directly) 

I wouldn’t want any money for the actual flight- the £50 I was prepared to lose if I decided against going. I can’t speak for my 2 mates and whether they’d want any money though (if they both or one or other do decide not to go)

Just seems a shame to let them go to waste if we back out, so putting out the feelers on here 

Bump

Definitely not bothering with this now. Cancelled hotel earlier 

16 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I believe that Standing area may have been converted as Galatasaray had the full 800 away end plus the rest of the home end behind the goal earlier this season.  

16 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I think the standing area has now gone.

Yeah just looked at the pictures from that game and you can see the seats where that standing area was.