Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

To do in 2022

Your to do list in 2022:

Every years we all say we'd like to do more of this and that, and never actually get round to doing it. So:

1. Name 1 big thing you want to do/place you want to go.

2. Name however many small things you want to do.

Rules:

All things on your list must be for personal enjoyment. This isn't a list of chores to get done.

All things must be achievable/doable/realistic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Run off with Rachel Riley and live on a desert island.

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Please re-read the rules lol

Yeah Weller, you forgot to list small things you wish to achieve in 2022 as well duh!

• Haha 1

1. Big thing.

I want to open an “office” abroad for my business. I haven’t done it yet because I haven’t made the sacrifices that are required. If I don’t do it in the next 3 years, I never will. So this is the year, hopefully.

2. Smaller things:

I want to travel a bit more. I just haven’t (for obvious reasons). Smaller trips around Europe. Holidays always seem to be longer haul destinations but there is so much to see closer to home - Covid permitting, I’m hoping to do more this year.

Lose bloody weight. I’m sat here nearly 3 stones heavier than when i got married. I was always in good shape before marriage and in the last few years I’ve really let myself go. I need to get back to some sort of fitness. My 2 year old asked me today why big belly daddy? Babies know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I was thinking about this earlier. Is it inevitable that those of us who haven't already had it will get it eventually? 

I think probably so though many will be asymptomatic. Don’t want to open up a new Covid discussion here, but even more than me wanting to get it in the rear view mirror, I’d like to see the rest of my family and friends come through the experience with no serious problems (including everyone here of course).

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

We're planning to visit the US next year, covid permitting. I've never been out of Europe so it's pretty big for me. 

Smaller things are learning to play the piano, I've wanted to since I was very young and I've finally got my own piano, I just need to put some serious time into it. I also want to sort my garden out so I can actually plant some things to look after, I used to enjoy gardening in the UK and I'm looking forward to getting back to it again, albeit with different kinds of plants!

• Like 2

1. Colombia. Not left Europe since two years ago today in Miami and it’s really getting to me now. Managed to squeeze in multiple European trips during covid, plus Moscow, which is fine but it’s not the same as a proper long haul adventure 

2. Go to the fat duck, Araki, diggerland, atleast 50 new Wetherspoons, 10 new football league grounds and see Leicester in Europe again 

• Like 1

1) Complete my masters

2) Get back playing football - I will need an old bastards league but it’s one thing I miss. Haven’t played competitively since having kids, but would love to pull the boots on again.

Get back on the bike and start riding again once or twice a week!

Great thread by the way, it would be good to keep revisiting over the year and check in with each other, give that bit of support and see if we can all help each other complete out goals - add to our goals or change our goals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. I want to do a solo camp in the middle of nowhere. Not like an official camp site. Just find a place, put my tent up. Like in a national park or something. I’d actually like to build my own shelter but I’ll start off with a tent on the first one.

I have been slowly building up an inventory of items I’ll need. I have a water filter , plenty of things to start a fire. Various knives/ tools to gather my own firewood.. I’ll take SOME food with me but I want to forage for edible plants/ berries ( been reading up on some) maybe hunt some small game.  

Working with Covid patients has burnt me out. I need to reset my equilibrium. I might even send my wife and kids a postcard.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

1. I want to do a solo camp in the middle of nowhere. Not like an official camp site. Just find a place, put my tent up. Like in a national park or something. I’d actually like to build my own shelter but I’ll start off with a tent on the first one.

I have been slowly building up an inventory of items I’ll need. I have a water filter , plenty of things to start a fire. Various knives/ tools to gather my own firewood.. I’ll take SOME food with me but I want to forage for edible plants/ berries ( been reading up on some) maybe hunt some small game.  

Working with Covid patients has burnt me out. I need to reset my equilibrium. I might even send my wife and kids a postcard.

I know of a bothy in mid Wales that I’d ****ing love to just live at. Might put it on my 2022 todo list, as you’ve described the exact sort of thing I feel like I need. ****ing DO IT mate!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

We're planning to visit the US next year, covid permitting. I've never been out of Europe so it's pretty big for me. 

Smaller things are learning to play the piano, I've wanted to since I was very young and I've finally got my own piano, I just need to put some serious time into it. I also want to sort my garden out so I can actually plant some things to look after, I used to enjoy gardening in the UK and I'm looking forward to getting back to it again, albeit with different kinds of plants!

Where you thinking of going Deb? Politics and certain cultural things aside, it’s one of the most insanely beautiful continents on Earth. 

• Like 1

Big thing:

Desperately need to get off this island for a bit. Been stuck here since literally the day after Brexit result, apart from trips to Poland and Ireland but they were with family for weddings/reunions. To afford that though I’d need to successfully change careers, which is proving seriously difficult at the minute. 

Small things:

I lost 2.5 stone last year. Without lockdowns and a couple of medical problems it would have so much more. I want to master those problems and lose at least 5 more stone in 2022. It’s very achievable and I really believe I can do it if the circumstances are right. 
Otherwise I’ve got a fully formed feature screenplay idea ready to be written but that’s a 2-3 month commitment. There’s a few ideas for short films and few short scripts already written that I really want to get made to build up a portfolio, so I need to explore that. 

Most of all I just want to make progress and be happier happy. 

• Like 2

1.) Go anywhere that's more than 100 miles from my house. Last time i did that, was Montego Bay in December 2019.

2.) Lose weight, get healthier. Need to keep up with the kids and well feel better.

3.) Get promoted or find a better job with more opportunities 

4.) Do some career advancement courses in my field.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Where you thinking of going Deb? Politics and certain cultural things aside, it’s one of the most insanely beautiful continents on Earth. 

South Florida and Colorado. We've been offered free use of a house and car for 2 weeks in Pompano Beach, just up the coast from Fort Lauderdale, for 2 weeks, and then the same again for another 2 weeks about 20 minutes from Aspen. We just need to pay for our flights and our food and drink while we're there. A very affordable way to do it! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

This is me all over 👍

I live a fairly basic life, so mine probably seem insignificant but:

Big thing: a proper bicycle tour, with the wife. A good couple of weeks cycle touring and camping. Originally planned to cycle bottom to top of Norway but currently no direct flights due to covid and don't know how long they will last.

Little things:

Change job (I have an interview 4th Jan)

Climb a different mountain (UK based)

Go somewhere to see iconic British Wildlife (eg puffins, Red squirrel, pine martens etc)

Get a canoe and use it

Wildcamp on dartmoor

Forage an entire meal

Visit some good rivers (ones with rapids, fall etc) and nice wooded valleys

Drink at more country pubs

Get up for the dawn chorus more often

Spend time on an island (like one of the western Isles)

• Like 4