Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

To do in 2022

On 28/12/2021 at 02:15, MPH said:

1. I want to do a solo camp in the middle of nowhere. Not like an official camp site. Just find a place, put my tent up. Like in a national park or something. I’d actually like to build my own shelter but I’ll start off with a tent on the first one.

I have been slowly building up an inventory of items I’ll need. I have a water filter , plenty of things to start a fire. Various knives/ tools to gather my own firewood.. I’ll take SOME food with me but I want to forage for edible plants/ berries ( been reading up on some) maybe hunt some small game.  

I imagine living in the USA, this would be an incredibly rewarding hobby to get into. Don't think I've ever felt better than being a few days out from town, waking up in a nice wild camp somewhere. Often enjoy browsing youtube for videos of peoples hikes in the states. Would love to get over some day and do some myself.

For me, I'd like to get out to mainland Europe and complete a multi-day hike at some point this year. That would be nice.

In general, I need to start looking for a job role which compliments my studies. Balancing that with financial responsibilities may not be easy though!

• Like 2

You never miss a target you don’t aim for. If I’m still alive in 12 months time then I’ll be ok with that, especially if here’s been a number of fun things take place during the 12 months. I can’t be doing with goal setting.

Big thing

Retire completely (as opposed to partially as now) buy a camper van and head off on a prolonged tour of Scotland and the lakes spending time doing volunteer work at nature reserves

Small things

cut down on the smoking and drinking

catch up with all the little jobs around the house

do more fishing and birdwatching

• Like 1

i've set a target to virtually walk from Lands End to John O'Groats.  it's 1084 miles spread across the year... or 3 miles per day.   

Essentially, I just want to be more intentional with my activity levels.  Covid has turned me into a Couch Potato. 

it's been fun to get and about again, even if the 6 o'clock alarm has been a shock!

• 9 months later...
On 30/12/2021 at 20:06, Paninistickers said:

I'll try to do at least 2 of the following 

Ultra long haul flight. Been looking at santiago, Chile with BA

Boxing lessons (if you saw me, the notion is laughable)

An attempt at Spanish (again) 

Ask out a bird (no dating app shit) and/or shag one of the fit party girls at my London office (zero chance, but it focuses the mind)

Get the kitchen done up

Invest in Crypto

How we all doing? 

I've bumped the thread up as for those who had committed to the list, there's still time. I actually thought when writing the above is commit to the list. 

I'm.doing OK on my list. And still time to address the couple of other gaps. The Spanish can whistle though, that ain't gonna happen this year!

How's everyone else doing?

• Like 3

On 28/12/2021 at 00:04, grobyfox1990 said:

1. Colombia. Not left Europe since two years ago today in Miami and it’s really getting to me now. Managed to squeeze in multiple European trips during covid, plus Moscow, which is fine but it’s not the same as a proper long haul adventure 

2. Go to the fat duck, Araki, diggerland, atleast 50 new Wetherspoons, 10 new football league grounds and see Leicester in Europe again 

1. Not gone to Colombia annoyingly but done a long haul thankfully 

2. done 26 new spoons with two more to come in hull on Saturday. Went to Randers, Rennes and Roma. 12 new grounds this year so far (ground hopping thread is great inspiration). Not done the rest. 

thanks for bumping! Given me a kick to try and do Araki at the least 

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 17:13, Unabomber said:

Throw a kettle over a pub.

Get up earlier each day so I can work out before work and be more productive. 

Not sure on a big one yet. Maybe go to NYC as we were meant to go March 2020 which fell off.

Thanks for the bump, made me realise I am running out of time to throw that kettle over a pub. 

I have managed to improve my routine this year and wake up between 5:30 and 6:30 regardless of what I have planned.

Still didn’t go to NYC but tbf don’t even want to now. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 22:09, Jattdogg said:

1.) Go anywhere that's more than 100 miles from my house. Last time i did that, was Montego Bay in December 2019.

2.) Lose weight, get healthier. Need to keep up with the kids and well feel better.

3.) Get promoted or find a better job with more opportunities 

4.) Do some career advancement courses in my field.

1.) Fail. Furthest i made it was 50 miles or so in any direction LOL

2.) Meh

3.) Fail.

4) Pass.

Overall= fail. 

6 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Didn’t say it at the start of the year, but beginning to think I may have a shot at becoming a cabinet minister.

Congratulations, you are now offered the position of  "Foreign Secretary"

>

Aaand Its Gone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1