Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Are they likely to go through with the purchase - he’s hardly set seize A alight ! 

He's done well there, from a team perspective anyway. Read something like they've won 75% of the games he's started in which for a club like Torino is impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I’d go for William Saliba in the summer him and Fofana would be a brick wall. 

Arsenal bought him for £30m, we’d probably have to post the best part of that and not sure he’s worth it.

22 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Arsenal bought him for £30m, we’d probably have to post the best part of that and not sure he’s worth it.

I’d pay that and a bit more if we had to. I’ve watched him a few times this season and he’s quality. Knows Fofana aswell could be a match made in heaven!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Colwill from Chelsea, he's going to be a superstar. I hope they manage to keep hold of Rudiger as that will make it easier to nab him for £15-20m

He would be ideal and Chelsea are probably gonna want some money come summer if they get rid of lukaku and go for haaland etc. 

as long as there is no buy back clause of course 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Any realistic tielemans replacements? 

Lucas Paqueta (Turned down Newcastle apparently, so not likely, but if you don`t ask, you don`t get) but he probably plays further forward than Youri

Maybe Mattias Svanberg would be good, but more likely is Yacine Adli

#notcongerton

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

Any realistic tielemans replacements? 

I assume it was meant to be Soumaré but he has nowhere near Youri's vision. There are suitable replacements but they will cost north of 30 million and will they come to Leicester? We take a punt with a kid , two bad games and he gets written off on here. This ain't gonna be easy.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I assume it was meant to be Soumaré but he has nowhere near Youri's vision. There are suitable replacements but they will cost north of 30 million and will they come to Leicester? We take a punt with a kid , two bad games and he gets written off on here. This ain't gonna be easy.

It was not and will never be Soumare. The man has 1 goal and 2 assists to his name in over 100 games. Soumare was brought in to bring more strength in to midfield in certain games and supposedly allow us to go more 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 which is sometimes needed vs certain teams.

Tielemans will be replaced. It might not be completely like for like but we aren't going to replace him with a player on a par to Papy Mendy in the creative side of the game. If we do, we'll quickly run in to trouble and heads will roll. I do think the loss of Youri will give huge pressure to the right wing, we simply have to either get a central midfielder to replace Tielemans who can bring the same level of creativity or we have to significantly improve the output from whoever plays on the right. Ideally we'd want both as that's been the weakness in our starting XI for years now and it's not just about ensuring we are no worse off next season but to improve, we need that sorting and effectively adding yet more goals and assists.

I think James McAtee will be our main target in the summer, he can play that wide right / ACM role but crucially he's left footed to give us the balance. 

As for Tielemans replacement I'd throw everything at Chelsea for Conor Gallagher. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was not and will never be Soumare. The man has 1 goal and 2 assists to his name in over 100 games. Soumare was brought in to bring more strength in to midfield in certain games and supposedly allow us to go more 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 which is sometimes needed vs certain teams.

Tielemans will be replaced. It might not be completely like for like but we aren't going to replace him with a player on a par to Papy Mendy in the creative side of the game. If we do, we'll quickly run in to trouble and heads will roll. I do think the loss of Youri will give huge pressure to the right wing, we simply have to either get a central midfielder to replace Tielemans who can bring the same level of creativity or we have to significantly improve the output from whoever plays on the right. Ideally we'd want both as that's been the weakness in our starting XI for years now and it's not just about ensuring we are no worse off next season but to improve, we need that sorting and effectively adding yet more goals and assists.

I think James McAtee will be our main target in the summer, he can play that wide right / ACM role but crucially he's left footed to give us the balance. 

As for Tielemans replacement I'd throw everything at Chelsea for Conor Gallagher. 

Chelsea would screw us to the wall with Gallagher ,  he will stay on loan at Palace. I would be really surprised as well to see Man.City loaning one of their most promising young players to us. I think we should be looking in the Bundesleague for an experienced replacement but he won't be cheap so there will be no profit from Tielemans assuming he does go in the summer.

10 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

I’d go for William Saliba in the summer him and Fofana would be a brick wall. 

There's a reason he keeps getting loaned out. 

Also had an absolute disasterclass against Lyon in the cup yesterday. There's much better players for potentially cheaper prices in Ligue 1, just take a look at the likes of Todibo.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Chelsea would screw us to the wall with Gallagher ,  he will stay on loan at Palace. I would be really surprised as well to see Man.City loaning one of their most promising young players to us. I think we should be looking in the Bundesleague for an experienced replacement but he won't be cheap so there will be no profit from Tielemans assuming he does go in the summer.

McAtee was being rumoured to being off as his contract expires in 18 months and he wants assurances on 1st team football. Sadly, in the last few hours that's now out the window as they've convinced him to stay.

I don't see where he gets in given Foden and Palmer are both exactly the same left footed ACM as he is. Maybe they're just protecting themselves and will still sell but rather than £10m will command much more which teams will baulk at.

Orkun Kokcu is having a very good season for Feyenoord. We were heavily linked with him in January 2021 and could well be viewed as a Tielemans replacement.

Aouar must be close to leaving Lyon this summer too, 18 months left on his contract.

A CB who can slot in alongside Fofana and is first team ready straight away, so I’d say age range between 23-27 with decent experience of playing in one of Europes top leagues. Nikola Milenkovic ?

The Tielemans replacement I wouldn’t mind being slightly more defensive than Youri, as it might give us better balance playing the        4-2-3-1, allowing us to have proper attacking wingers and freeing up Maddison even more.

A proper left footed right winger which we have been asking for every summer window

Lookman on a permanent for squad depth. Possibly a full back if either Ricardo or Castagne leave. 

• Like 1