Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

When does Houssem Aouar's contract finish with Lyon? He's perennially been linked with bigger fish but they've never taken the plunge.

I'd love him here. Similar to Tielemans in that we'd be the bridge between a good French club and a move to a top European club.

Praying for a healthy squad by the end of the season with hopes that this will tell us where we are at. Obviously players will be sold next window but who is is not etched in stone based on the current market and players extending their contracts. Like last summer anything is possible(Daka/Soumare). I am concerned for the owners and the hit covid has taken on them in relation to them spending money. I just cant get excited about new players when everything seems so up in the air.

One thing that must happen is for us to continue to turn over and stock our Academy with more talent and no more stagnation in the under 23's. We need more players to compete for places in the squad instead of going out and spending for emergency stop gap players. More like Luke Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall please. Our academy has to be built into a powerhouse as the gap between us and those who can spend becomes wider and wider. Need to get over the hump these last two seasons have created.

For what feels like the 4th summer running...

A centre back and a right winger

Shift Vestegard, Bertrand, Mendy, Perez.

Then if/when those seemingly running down contracts (Youri, Riccy P, Cags) go, replace them.

Think it'll be a busy one. And vital we do it well.

9 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

.. he looks like a Rodgers player!!!

Technically good, vision, awareness, defensively sound, always looking to go forward and can score and his assists should be double what it is, with the gilt edge chances he has created!!!

He is going to be expensive I would  think, but you would want us to be part of the conversation, if it is anywhere in the £30m bracket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Technically good, vision, awareness, defensively sound, always looking to go forward and can score and his assists should be double what it is, with the gilt edge chances he has created!!!

He is going to be expensive I would  think, but you would want us to be part of the conversation, if it is anywhere in the £30m bracket.

He looks good in the video. He's strong mobile and has a quick Brain, all the attributes we need. I'd take him for 30 million Or less if we could get him.

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He looks good in the video. He's strong mobile and has a quick Brain, all the attributes we need. I'd take him for 30 million Or less if we could get him.

.. transfer market has him at £19.8m, previously it was £34.20 in 2021!!!

We will have to negotiate well to get them nearer to £20m that to the higher mark.

Would love to have him here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You put me off from the moment you said he looked like a Rodgers player. Presumably therefore he moves like a crab on Cromer beach?

• Haha 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

You put me off from the moment you said he looked like a Rodgers player. Presumably therefore he moves like a crab on Cromer beach?

....no not at all!!!

You can see he is trying to turn Ndidi into a certain type of player, where he can move forward to support the attack and good on the ball and not just limited to being a destroyer. This guy is much more a Soumare with goals and assists, We would very much benefit from a player like this and that is why I suggest that he is more what Rodgers wants.

If we were to lose Youri then he can do the role, he has a lot of ingenuity on the ball and is fluid within the team makeup.

Transfer market had him at £34m previously (last year), in reality that probably equates to £40m+, if we can get him for £25m it will be money well spent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

How's he getting on this season?

In and out this season, he needs to move on, he has gone a bit stale at Lanus. His skill set would suit us down to the ground… I imagine he will end up in Italy at some point. But he would cost £5m and be well worth a punt! Apparently Leeds want him. 

• Like 1

I'm usually all about the foreign flair but how about this in the summer...

Out:

Soyuncu £20m

Tielemans £50m

Praet £10m

Castagne £20m

Perez £5m

In:

Ginter free

Colwill £15m

Ramsay £7m

McAtee £15m

Gallagher £40m

Lookman £15m / Lewis-Potter £20m / Brennan Johnson £20m

De Ketelaere £30m / Ali-Cho £20m / Blas £15m

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Out:

Soyuncu £20m

Tielemans £50m

Praet £10m

Castagne £20m

Perez £5m

In:

Ginter free

Colwill £15m

Ramsay £7m

McAtee £15m

Gallagher £40m

Well get 17m for praet and no chance we sell castagne for less than we bought him.

And Gallagher isn't leaving Chelsea.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Out:

Soyuncu £20m

Tielemans £50m

Praet £10m

Castagne £20m

Perez £5m

In:

Ginter free

Colwill £15m

Ramsay £7m

McAtee £15m

Gallagher £40m

Love it!

I think the only unrealistic one is Gallagher. He would be an amazing signing & someone we should be targeting, but I can see him being given a chance at Chelsea unfortunately! 

It’s also possible we will try sign a DM instead & go with KDH, Soumare & Braybrooke competing for Tielemans position. Maybe we will raid St Etienne again and try bring in Lucas Gourna. 18 year old defensive midfielder & their latest star in the making.. 

If we go down that route though, we’d definitely need a top quality right winger to replace Tielemans goals/assists/creativity..

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well get 17m for praet and no chance we sell castagne for less than we bought him.

There’s no chance we get £17m for praet, he’s been average for 3 seasons. We’ll get £10m tops.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shane said:

Love it!

I think the only unrealistic one is Gallagher. He would be an amazing signing & someone we should be targeting, but I can see him being given a chance at Chelsea unfortunately! 

It’s also possible we will try sign a DM instead & go with KDH, Soumare & Braybrooke competing for Tielemans position. Maybe we will raid St Etienne again and try bring in Lucas Gourna. 18 year old defensive midfielder & their latest star in the making.. 

If we go down that route though, we’d definitely need a top quality right winger to replace Tielemans goals/assists/creativity..

In which case we have to get an elite left footed right winger. They have to hit 10 goals and 10 assists from the off otherwise we'll be putting the rest of the team under pressure.

The only one I think could do that is Tsygankov or Antony. Both still risks though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Good, more money for us then if they come knocking. Gallagher is a huge punt, would be very difficult deal to do. Donny Van De Beek would be easier.