Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

7 hours ago, Allenho11 said:

How much are the above going to cost?

Realistically we are going to get, what, 45M for Tielemens?

I'm just thinking aloud here, but how much will Tarkowski be available for if Burnley get relegated?

Could Hudson-Adoi be affordable and achieveable?

...Tarkowski will be on a free in the summer!!!

Not sure if Hudson Odoi is the man for the right.

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Bremer from torino. Having another good season and could use praet to lower any potential asking price. 

...he is very physical, uses his body and strength a lot, could easily be viewed as barging!!!

Soyuncu had a similar style but the coming in from behind the attacker prior to playing the ball was very much taken from his game.

Just watching build up to AC Milan v Juventus, and one man out of favour who’d be great on our RW is Dejan Kulesevski.

Juve want to offload players to bring Vlahovic in, reminds me of Tielemans in the way that he’s a top prospect who’s big move hasn’t quite worked.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Bremer from torino. Having another good season and could use praet to lower any potential asking price. 

If Ricardo/Castagne heads off I’d use a similar tactic with Praet for their RB Singo

• Like 1

On 20/01/2022 at 16:43, Chocolate Teapot said:

Tielemans is off.

Yes and the club have been looking since last autumn at replacements. He'll go in the summer if not this January. if in the summer we will do well to get more than 20-25 million.

He won't be the only major player to leave either.

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

Yes and the club have been looking since last autumn at replacements. He'll go in the summer if not this January. if in the summer we will do well to get more than 20-25 million.

He won't be the only major player to leave either.

If Southampton can get 30m for Danny ings well get at least 50m....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 20/01/2022 at 21:48, Ric Flair said:

We aren't that good at getting free transfers across the line, I don't know if we baulk at the games and demands that representatives will do in these situations but other than Bertrand I don't recall any prior to the 2016/17 season. There's got to be a reason for it.

Fuchs?

On 23/01/2022 at 01:10, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is very physical, uses his body and strength a lot, could easily be viewed as barging!!!

Soyuncu had a similar style but the coming in from behind the attacker prior to playing the ball was very much taken from his game.

I wouldnt mind us turning into a team with a bit more physicality. We are very soft all over the pitch and actually having somebody that could give attackers a battle would help us. 

10 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I wouldnt mind us turning into a team with a bit more physicality. We are very soft all over the pitch and actually having somebody that could give attackers a battle would help us. 

...Botman looks a very good defender who would take no prisoners!!!

I liked the look of Chris Richards but I would suspect he would have the same temperament as our existing players. Sometimes you need that contrast in the team to push clubmates on and discourage opponents from taking you lightly. 

• Like 1

With the wealth of talent that is out of contract this summer, we should be all over it but free contracts (particularly from abroad) aren't something we usually go for too often. 

I mean, there are plenty that are out of our reach like..

Pogba 

Mbappe

Dyabala

Kessie

Christansen

Rudiger

Sule

Ousmane Dembele

But there would be some very good additions that I think we could maybe tempt with the right contract like..

Boubacar Kamara*

Zakaria

Ginter 

Denayer 

Tarkowski

Mazraoui*

Romagnoli 

Luiz Filipe

Tolisso*

Juanuzaj 

The three with the * next to them, I would make a serious effort to get them here. Kamara could consolidate both Hamza and Mendy as well as offer very good cover at CB. Tolisso would be a great replacement for Tielemans if he went and Mazraoui if we lost any of our FB's. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The major outs I can see will be;

Youri

Ricardo

Cags

And potentially Maddison…

Doubt Maddison will go, we will be shipping others so won’t need the cash, it would take a record breaking amount

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Doubt Maddison will go, we will be shipping others so won’t need the cash, it would take a record breaking amount

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There will be clubs interested for whom money is no object. I think people should prepare themselves for the potential for quite a bit of unwanted activity. There will be interest in Daka and but for his injury almost certainly would have been enquiries about Fofana.

Just now, reynard said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There will be clubs interested for whom money is no object. I think people should prepare themselves for the potential for quite a bit of unwanted activity. There will be interest in Daka and but for his injury almost certainly would have been enquiries about Fofana.

If we lost Daka, Fofana, youri and mads in a summer we may as well fold the club. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If we lost Daka, Fofana, youri and mads in a summer we may as well fold the club. 

Depends if/how the money was reinvested. I don't think Fofana will go as in all likelihood clubs will want to see how/if he recovers from the broken leg.You can possibly add Wilf to the list too. These are top quality players who could get into any team in Europe pretty much.

Absolutely no chance the club sell Daka. Fofana potentially depending on the price but he would need an incredible second half of the season to get the money we want. 

The only player I can see going from the new boys is Soumare, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is moved on, just doesn’t seem to have settled at all. 

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

It wi t be a case of us not needing the money..can see us losing 3 or 4 with them wanting to go..

our ambition sadly wont match theirs.

Not correct really remember when Mahrez wanted to leave and we didn't sell him if we don't want or need to sell then we won't. Plus if Youri goes Maddison will be the main man in our midfield, he'll love that. The only players who can force our hand are those out of contract in 2023.

Edited by Tommy Fresh