Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

13 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

A CB who can slot in alongside Fofana and is first team ready straight away, so I’d say age range between 23-27 with decent experience of playing in one of Europes top leagues. Nikola Milenkovic ?

The Tielemans replacement I wouldn’t mind being slightly more defensive than Youri, as it might give us better balance playing the        4-2-3-1, allowing us to have proper attacking wingers and freeing up Maddison even more.

A proper left footed right winger which we have been asking for every summer window

Lookman on a permanent for squad depth. Possibly a full back if either Ricardo or Castagne leave. 

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Was just thinking we might need two CBs. I think Cags will be off this summer, Evans is injured more often than not now, and Vestergaard is not up to scratch. We'll be left with just Fofana and Amartey as players you'd consider picking. It's probably only a matter of time before Little Wes is sold for many, many pound notes, as well. Can't remember the last transfer window when we weren't after a CB, and it'll probably be a long while until the next one, as well.

I think you might have a point re: Youri replacement, but I think we have to be careful to avoid a repeat of Puelball.

Won't it be weird if/when we do ever find a decent left-footed RW?

Agree re: Lookman.

Ricardo could be close to signing a new contract, apparently.

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I assume it was meant to be Soumaré but he has nowhere near Youri's vision. There are suitable replacements but they will cost north of 30 million and will they come to Leicester? We take a punt with a kid , two bad games and he gets written off on here. This ain't gonna be easy.

....I keep on seeing this, and it is not the case!!! 

Ryan Gravenberch looks a prospect, contract ends 2023 but does have Raiola as his manager. Between £30-40m.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I keep on seeing this, and it is not the case!!! 

Ryan Gravenberch looks a prospect, contract ends 2023 but does have Raiola as his manager. Between £30-40m.

When he leaves Ajax it will be for a much bigger club than us.

52 minutes ago, Nick said:

Tarkowski on a free in the summer? He didn’t go anywhere in the window did he? 

Based on our previous interest, you'd think we'd be all over that. The trouble is it seems he's gone completely off the boil this season from what I've been reading. If he's capable of getting back to previous levels though, he could be an excellent Evans-like signing.

31 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Based on our previous interest, you'd think we'd be all over that. The trouble is it seems he's gone completely off the boil this season from what I've been reading. If he's capable of getting back to previous levels though, he could be an excellent Evans-like signing.

Players often do in their last year of their contract. Usually because they've wanted a move for quite some time before that and yet it just drags on and on to the point that the players then knows the best time to move is at the end of the contract but they also can't get the same mentality and marginal gains they probably get out of their game when there's not the uncertainty about where they are going and protecting themselves to ensure they don't get injured to scupper that.

This is why we simply have to sell Tielemans in the summer. Anything north of £30m might have to be taken if it rumbles on in to August.

10 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Was just thinking we might need two CBs. I think Cags will be off this summer, Evans is injured more often than not now, and Vestergaard is not up to scratch. We'll be left with just Fofana and Amartey as players you'd consider picking. It's probably only a matter of time before Little Wes is sold for many, many pound notes, as well. Can't remember the last transfer window when we weren't after a CB, and it'll probably be a long while until the next one, as well.

I think you might have a point re: Youri replacement, but I think we have to be careful to avoid a repeat of Puelball.

Won't it be weird if/when we do ever find a decent left-footed RW?

Agree re: Lookman.

Ricardo could be close to signing a new contract, apparently.

Yeah don’t worry I wasn’t meaning a Ndidi Mendy double pivot masterclass, more along the lines of a Loftus-Cheek type, maybe not actually him but that type of profile. 

It’s an interesting one regarding the centre backs. You would hope with Evans being eased back in April, having a decent pre season, he will be ready for next season, but I don’t think you can rely on him to get through a season or 2-3 games a week, which is why I think we need someone who can start alongside Fofana and have Evans, Amartey and Vestergaard as the back ups, after selling Soyuncu in the summer.

The purchase of a CB, CM, RW and Lookman should be through the sales of Tielemans, Soyuncu, Perez and Mendy with the club putting in £20-£30 m as they normally allow for a summer net spend 

Edited by escape2victory

If Soyuncu wants a good move to a major club on an improved contract, he will have to recover his best form. If he does that , our defense improves considerably and everybody on here will want him to stay. If his form doesn't improve much, will the club offer him a new contract? I think they will and he will probably sign it.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Players often do in their last year of their contract. Usually because they've wanted a move for quite some time before that and yet it just drags on and on to the point that the players then knows the best time to move is at the end of the contract but they also can't get the same mentality and marginal gains they probably get out of their game when there's not the uncertainty about where they are going and protecting themselves to ensure they don't get injured to scupper that.

This is why we simply have to sell Tielemans in the summer. Anything north of £30m might have to be taken if it rumbles on in to August.

Yeah, Van Dijk being a prime example of that. Possibly Cags this season too, though he's a weird one in that, although he was brilliant, it felt like he was still very raw and was yet to fully channel his aggression and adrenaline in a positive way. This season it's almost all adrenaline and poor decision making (albeit in an extremely unsettled backline where he's more often than not expected to be the senior CB).

I agree with you about Tielemans as well. I can't say he'd be too happy with having to give us another year, though it would've so much better if he'd signed a contract on the understanding that we won't turn down big bids.

• Like 1

If we want more experience selim amallah wouldn't be a horrible replacement for tielemans, merino or bardhi. 

Kouadio kone wouldn't be bad tbh for a younger option, as would boubakar Kamara 

I think the squad will be broken up and rebuilt this summer to some extent. There is no guarantee that won't include the manager if we crap out with bottling performances as we have done so far this season. 

I would be looking for:

Iverson to come back as 2nd choice GK. Ward to move on.

X2 CB

X2 CM

RW

ST

On 02/02/2022 at 06:49, Sankey93 said:

I’d go for William Saliba in the summer him and Fofana would be a brick wall. 

I would send Soyuncu the other way to arsenal as a straight swap. That way you have 2 mates who are the same wave length and would be an immense pairing.

id also get Tarkowski as our elder schooled CB as I think Evans is crocked unfortunately.

Edited by les-tah

Just seen that Anel Ahmedhodzic got a January move to Bordeaux on loan with an option to buy from Malmo FF. We can moan all we like about there not being any defenders out there that fit our profile this winter but he was absolutely it down to a tee. Easily would have got a work permit as well due to Champions League exploits and international appearances this season.

The lad is an absolute warrior and so good on the ball. Fuming.

Hopefully Bordeaux get relegated and we can be in the mix for him in the summer. Stupidity on our part.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just seen that Anel Ahmedhodzic got a January move to Bordeaux on loan with an option to buy from Malmo FF. We can moan all we like about there not being any defenders out there that fit our profile this winter but he was absolutely it down to a tee. Easily would have got a work permit as well due to Champions League exploits and international appearances this season.

The lad is an absolute warrior and so good on the ball. Fuming.

Hopefully Bordeaux get relegated and we can be in the mix for him in the summer. Stupidity on our part.

...do you get the feeling that our perspective has changed in relation to acquiring players!!!

Has Rudkin now decided we no longer need to be looking into the bargain bins and need to be looking into proven players which carries a higher price.

There are terrific potential outthere for £10m, but have to gamble that they will come through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you get the feeling that our perspective has changed in relation to acquiring players!!!

Has Rudkin now decided we no longer need to be looking into the bargain bins and need to be looking into proven players which carries a higher price.

There are terrific potential outthere for £10m, but have to gamble that they will come through. 

Yes, that is my gut feeling. Although @Babylon pointed out that nothing has really changed. We've never really taken that many players from unproven leagues. But it does feel we are missing a trick given finances are getting much tighter here. We are trapped with our current protocol.

This lad on loan with an option to buy was a no brainer. I cannot believe he's ended up at Bordeaux.