Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Any relation to Peter the former Coventry striker? 

I don't think so, although he is Zimbabwean born.

Used to play for Oadby IIRC under the name Lee Dube!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

How typical!

Apparently the Boreham Wood keeper is a emergency  loan signing due to the first choice being injured .

Ex Notts as well you couldn't write it actually you could!

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Just doesn't feel right. This has to be the trigger to implement three up, three down from the Football League.

In football terms, I agree with you. However I can't imagine the FL supporting it given the deleterious effect that relegation from League Two has had on multiple clubs.

Just now, Bilo said:

In football terms, I agree with you. However I can't imagine the FL supporting it given the deleterious effect that relegation from League Two has had on multiple clubs.

Yes but other divisions have to cope with three our four teams going down each season. I'd rather see a team who managed 107 points in a season having a go than one who managed 44 or so.

You could also argue that the fewer promotion slots has had a huge detrimental effect.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yes but other divisions have to cope with three our four teams going down each season. I'd rather see a team who managed 107 points in a season having a go than one who managed 44 or so.

You could also argue that the fewer promotion slots has had a huge detrimental effect.

It certainly has on National League teams. One guaranteed promotion spot is ridiculous with such a lot at stake. Unfortunately the Football League will be thinking about protecting its members and the FA is probably too apathetic to override them. 

At the very least, I'd have two guaranteed promotion spots and playoffs for a third spot - even if it was a Bundesliga style playoff between 22nd in League Two and 3rd in the National League. 

I don't think these eliminators do the higher placed teams any favours to be honest, they completely lose all momentum and the lower placed teams gain confidence and keep their momentum going!

Edited by Tuna