Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Long Eaton and Halesowen promoted to Step 3

Looking at results today, possibly Ilkeston or Basford could be going back into the Northern prem.

Incredible for Long Eaton, saw them at Grantham a few months ago they were not spectacular at all just well organized as you'd expect from what was basically the same team that won the Midland league the previous season and they have an outstanding player in Jamie Walker in attacking midfield.

5 hours ago, maynefox said:

First season following Kettering Town has ended in relegation from NLN. I went to Kidderminster today and Kettering collapsed in the second half. 

Away form has been dreadful this season and one too many times they haven't been ruthless, or they've chucked away games in the last minutes.

God knows what's next for the club. Real shame.

Honestly thought you were heading for safety after the Boston win, awful to go down on the final day but I think Glover has done a great job with what you'd assume is a small budget and having to build a squad practically from scratch last summer.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Kiddie certainly made a late charge for the play offs !

Couldn't score for toffee prior to that run and there were calls for the manager to be sacked!

Watched Kiddie earlier this season twice, really attractive footballing team but got the feeling it lacked a major threat up top. 

Went Barton Rovers v Thetford, lovely village but Thetford one of the few runners up not to win today. Had a stinker, player manager sent off and the injuries they got at the end of the season told. 

Quorn up to step 4, easy win today. 6-0. 

Halesowen with 3200 odd in their playoff final win 

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Honestly thought you were heading for safety after the Boston win, awful to go down on the final day but I think Glover has done a great job with what you'd assume is a small budget and having to build a squad practically from scratch last summer.

Yes, that was a great turn around from 2v0 down. I felt after beating Leamington 3v0 Kettering had done enough. 

There has been a section of fans chanting Glover Out and some of the games this season. Including after we went 2v0 down.... I'm under the impression that at semi-pro it's not like you can chop and change the manager like the PL. 

At St Albans city v farnborough in national league south yesterday 

I love the atmosphere at this level 

a v creditable 3500 crowd and into the play offs - they don’t have much chance of winning them. I don’t take a great interest but my basic observation would be that a city generating average crowds of 2k+ should have a team in the national league. They are under achieving 

AFC Fylde promoted to the National League under Adam Murray who started off the season as Besiktas assistant manager chasing European football. Reckon they will throw some serious money at it next season to achieve their already delayed targets of being a EFL club.

Birstall United lost to their playoff final on penalties to Hucknall Town (step 6). Disappointing for them after a very strong season behind Aylestone Park but shoots of life for Hucknall whom were a Step 2 club once upon a time and had ground issues setting them back. 

• Like 1

Hinckley’s play off semi on Monday, 3pm kick off so a perfect double header for anyone going the game against Everton later in the day…👀

Droitwich are promising to bring a few, they’ve sold out two coaches last time I heard so should be a great atmosphere for bank holiday football! 

The latest non-league projections for Step 3 show Ilkeston, Mickleover & Basford all moving back to the NPLP, with Long Eaton being promoted to the SFLCP and Stafford transferring into the league. If accurate, that's 9 new teams in Coalville's league.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The latest non-league projections for Step 3 show Ilkeston, Mickleover & Basford all moving back to the NPLP, with Long Eaton being promoted to the SFLCP and Stafford transferring into the league. If accurate, that's 9 new teams in Coalville's league.

Not always accurate, think they got it wrong last season for the southern central. I think Ilkeston and Basford will end up moving though.

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not always accurate, think they got it wrong last season for the southern central. I think Ilkeston and Basford will end up moving though.

Last seasons projection moved Leiston & Needham to the Isthmian Prem with North Leigh & Chesham in the SCPL.

• Like 1

£22 to watch 6th tier football.

As a mark of appreciation to the Yellow Army’s continued support during the past twelve months, the Club is also delighted to confirm that all Season Ticket prices for 2023/24 have been FROZEN, with all prices for Season Tickets carried over from 2022/23.

OK but Torquay were relgated.

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

@CosbehFox did you see the Halesowen match winner at the weekend embarrassing himself on twitter yesterday? Offering rival players bare knuckle fights and generally just acting a díck

Yeah he’s bit of a nugget Insall. Gave it the big un early part of the season when they started well. Club basically put him on a social media banner. He’s taken a lot of abuse (you could say deserved), so yesterday was his chance to hand some back. 

Boro lost on dreaded pens yesterday in front 3,500 not bad for step 3 of non league pyramid. Probably reflecting on the season we didn't perhaps deserve to go up... but neither did Rushall whose form in the last five going into this wasn't great. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I see Nuneaton kicked off again as the norm. A5istis at it again 

Not the regulars, some from the rough part of town, let's just see you never see them when we're home to Royston in the league. To be fair, from what I was told the trouble was stopped very quickly. Problem faced that despite the game being segregated once out the ground gates, you all must walk out the same car park exit gate. Which doesn't help as home fans walk past the away end anyway. If you been to Liberty Way there is another gate on the far, which opens to Eastboro Way, but the local council refuse to let us open it for some bizarre reason... though you still see people squeezing the gap in the fence.. including myself from time to time as quicker to get away from the ground.