Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

Women’s Euro 2022 - Hosted in England

First game is tonight, England - Austria at Old Trafford, looks a sell out too, 8pm BBC 1

England are probably favourites at this point or there abouts, Spain were looking like the “dream team” but lost Jenni Hermoso to injury the other week and then yesterday the Ballon d’Or winner Alexia Putellas ruptured her ACL.

Norway, in England’s group, are a potential stumbling block and then our would-be Quarter Final is likely against either Germany or that Spain team so not the easiest path but under Sarina Wiegman England haven’t lost and have scored 84 times in 14 games, conceding 3.

TV Schedule: https://www.live-footballontv.com/womens-euro-2022-on-tv.html

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone know why the women's team aren't playing their games at Wembley?

Just being cautious with potential attendances I imagine, it’ll be why some of the “lesser” games in the group stage are being played in grounds with less than 10k capacity. 

One thing I would say in the short time I've seen England play, the girls do seem to enjoy playing their football now compared to under Neville. When he was in charge they felt quite a restrain. I don't think he was popular in the dressing room and can understand why. He never should have got near the job.

I stopped watching men’s international football a few years ago, but I’ve really been looking forward to this tournament.  So glad it’s finally here.

Disappointed that Alex Greenwood misses out tonight, her passing and especially her set pieces are top class so I’d always find a place for her, whether CB or LB. I’d much prefer Roebuck in goal too, and probably Kelly to start ahead of Mead.

The main thing is that England finally have a tactically astute coach who responds to match situations and will get the best of a really good group of players. I’m really optimistic for this tournament.

39 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Wish that Fara Williams would shut up she talks so bloody fast not got a clue what she is saying.

I think's the Ian Wright or Stuart Pearce of womens international football in terms of getting hyped up, she's usually pretty calm on sky.