Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The boy Linacre

Birmingham Commonwealth Games

Had a great career but Geraint Thomas does seem to  have suffered misfortune a lot too!

This time had an early fall in in the time trial but still managed to get bronze.

Might have won but for that crash.

Another decent result for Fred Wright in 2nd - having an impressive few weeks.

Edited by Super_horns

Watching the para-athletes bench press in the power lifting event at the moment.   A Malaysian dude just bench pressed 216kg.  Absolutely incredible.

Don't know about anyone else but for me having the para events in with the other events is much better than sticking them on the end like the Paralympics.  By that point I'm fatigued with the games generally.  

Bowls has been good as well 🧐

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Watching the para-athletes bench press in the power lifting event at the moment.   A Malaysian dude just bench pressed 216kg.  Absolutely incredible.

Don't know about anyone else but for me having the para events in with the other events is much better than sticking them on the end like the Paralympics.  By that point I'm fatigued with the games generally.  

Bowls has been good as well 🧐

Totally agree its been a highlight of the games for me.  I'd love it if the Olympics followed suit.

• Like 1

Well done Laura Muir - backs up the 80 medal with 1500m gold.

Silver for NI.

We win the 4x400m woman’s relay by an arm - literally!!

Oh dear - we got disqualified for lane infringements sadly after all that effort !

Edited by Super_horns

Got to say though, I know non sporty people who thought the positivity of it was brilliant.

Have to say I really enjoyed it.  Rumour has it the helpers were superb, all the ones I met were fine.

Victoria next in mid March 2026, so we'll win about 6 golds, coz everybody had to train thru a freezing winter!!

And they reckon the 2030 iteration will be in Hamilton Canada, where the 1st one was in 1930.

Been a great summer of sport=great 1st 4 tests, World Athletics was pretty decent, Commies & the "European Games" starts Thursday.

Off the football already now we have no money, we're paying ludicrous wages to Vesty, Bertrand & Choudry etc. all that we can't get rid of coz wages too high, and we collapse for the 50th time in the last 18 months after taking a good lead.

Summer sport its the future!!!

• Like 1

I was sceptical of the actual legacy it would have on Birmingham. Before I got covid and was in the centre, the city was buzzing. They did a really good job of creating things alongside the actual sports - the team ‘houses’, the robotic bull on display, Victoria Square. 

Birmingham’s worst trait is that it doesn’t shout loud enough about itself. I hope it’s found it’s voice 

52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I was sceptical of the actual legacy it would have on Birmingham. Before I got covid and was in the centre, the city was buzzing. They did a really good job of creating things alongside the actual sports - the team ‘houses’, the robotic bull on display, Victoria Square. 

Birmingham’s worst trait is that it doesn’t shout loud enough about itself. I hope it’s found it’s voice 

I can’t think of a UK city which has developed so well in such a short space of time. The city is completely rejuvenated, and I dig it, I really do. 

18 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Got to say though, I know non sporty people who thought the positivity of it was brilliant.

Have to say I really enjoyed it.  Rumour has it the helpers were superb, all the ones I met were fine.

Victoria next in mid March 2026, so we'll win about 6 golds, coz everybody had to train thru a freezing winter!!

And they reckon the 2030 iteration will be in Hamilton Canada, where the 1st one was in 1930.

Been a great summer of sport=great 1st 4 tests, World Athletics was pretty decent, Commies & the "European Games" starts Thursday.

Off the football already now we have no money, we're paying ludicrous wages to Vesty, Bertrand & Choudry etc. all that we can't get rid of coz wages too high, and we collapse for the 50th time in the last 18 months after taking a good lead.

Summer sport its the future!!!

Ludicrous wages….?.You want to live in a capital democracy & would be the the first one to shout,if your wages /holidays were controlled by outsiders who thought

suppress the scum & let them eat cake & toast once a month crowd…

working class shouldn’t go overseas…

Vestergaard,Bertrand and our very own Choudhury…good look to them…& all 3

are further in their careers as you & many other cloth cap-heroes,so get down from your high horse & shovel the shit…

you go to watch them or find yourself in a position to “send compliments”

Your nobody…No one is writing about you…you don’t even get a mention…

Ditto for other nego writing pundits….Rodgers as achieved more than those dozos

who criticise him…