Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The boy Linacre

Birmingham Commonwealth Games

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The only good things are that it appears no members of the crowd were seriously injured, and Walls wasn’t going anywhere near top speed. 

BBC reported one spectator left in a wheelchair, covered in blood. Just fingers crossed for everyone involved 

Edited by UniFox21

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Horrific isn't it, honestly such a freak crash, you just have to hope and pray for the cyclists and spectators involved. 

You'd imagine there'll be some changes to the barrier systems in future 

It just seems a freak accident and these rarely happen with how the tracks are designed. One incident shouldn't mean making changes overnight. Yes safety is paramount and the safety procedures need regularly updating and reviewed but there shouldn't be any panic measures over one albeit very bad incident.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Peaty misses out on a medal.

Wow.

He did break a bone in his foot ten days ago. I’ve been watching him at the Loughborough pool and he still had hit protective boot on a week or so ago. So it’s no great surprise to be honest. He did well considering he’s not trained properly for a while. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

He did break a bone in his foot ten days ago. I’ve been watching him at the Loughborough pool and he still had hit protective boot on a week or so ago. So it’s no great surprise to be honest. He did well considering he’s not trained properly for a while. 

I didn't realise it was that recent.

Fvcking hell, I'd still be in bed playing on it lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I didn't realise it was that recent.

Fvcking hell, I'd still be in bed playing on it lol

Haha and me! If this wasn’t a home games I doubt he would have done it. But in a way, it will just make him even more determined to get back to the top. Tasting defeat isn’t a bad thing once in a while. 

But pleased for James Wilby he’s a cracking chap! 

• Like 2

Just now, Super_horns said:

Probably only came as it was a home games as said above .

Like the Athletes got a European champs coming up too .

Unreal mentality though.

If I'd broken a bone in my foot, I'd be limping around the house, laying on the sofa, shouting "babe, I need another beer, my foot is broken" lol

I did 4 rounds of golf in a day, for charity and I almost died because I had a blister on my foot lol

It was a big blister though!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pliskin said:

10 weeks not 10 days. Still not a long time for recovery and training if you're a professional athlete. First defeat since 2014 is astonishing.

Worth pointing out that Loughborough uni are currently ahead of South Africa in terms of medals won. Incredible stuff.

Good to see Peaty back on top, it’s clear he just didn’t have the race fitness. Ten weeks away from any sport will leave you short when it matters. I’ve met and spoken to him a number of times at the uni pool in Loughborough, he’s such a great guy, will always stop and say hello and give you time for a proper conversations 

Big shout out to all of the other Loughborough representatives, (there’s a few) all who have done really well most getting medals. And Imogen Clark formerly of a Loughborough too. 

Been a really successful games in the pool again for our county. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

KJT winning the Women's Heptathlon. :englandsmile4wf: successfully defending her title.

Quote amased...One of the best Allround English Athletes....KJT

BBC couldnt get any decent interview and allow the British public celebrate with this Great Athltete..!!!

First time seeing athletics in person last night. I definitely picked a great evening to go - it really was non-stop action throughout! Weird emotions being simultaneously overjoyed at wins for KJT and Elish, whilst seeing the tweets going out about Kasper. 

• Thanks 1