Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozvaldo

Whip Round + Prayer Group

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Not sure how many more times it needs to be said... our lack of transfer activity is not about lack of transfer funds. its about a lack of space in the squad and not wanting to pay players to not be in the 25.

What I can't understand is how we seemingly are the only club in the Premier league that are haveing these problems.  Is it because other clubs are just not being as carefull as us, or is down to previous mismanagement on our part  in comparison to the other clubs. To be honest I just can't make head nor tail of ffp. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

What I can't understand is how we seemingly are the only club in the Premier league that are haveing these problems.  Is it because other clubs are just not being as carefull as us, or is down to previous mismanagement on our part  in comparison to the other clubs. To be honest I just can't make head nor tail of ffp. 

It's almost like we are running low on funds and FFP is a convenient smokescreen.:P

If it IS all about FFP then why is no one (Rudkin etc) losing their job for crippling us by sanctioning over generous contracts to middling players?:claude:

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

It's almost like we are running low on funds and FFP is a convenient smokescreen.:P

If it IS all about FFP then why is no one (Rudkin etc) losing their job for crippling us by sanctioning over generous contracts to middling players?:claude:

I'm assuming it's because the FFP rules are changing

4 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Bertrand,  Vestegaard, Soumare.  Last year's recruitment increasing squad size.   

Other clubs not wanting to buy Perez, Choudhury,   Amartey,   Mendy, Iheanacho, Soyuncu, Praet, Tielemans. 

Some of the players we want to move on are good.

We still have a good squad.   We are two or three off an excellent squad.

• Like 1

I agree, but I just don't understand how the ffp works. I know Chelsea have a bigger turnover than us, but theyre looking to spend money like its going out of fashion. West Ham now starting to spend money. Everton trying bring someone in for 30 odd million and yet supposedly being on the brink of falling foul of ffp for the last 3 season period.  I'm not moaning, I just don't get how ffp works and why it seems to be affecting us so much more than others. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Why does it not seem to be affecting other clubs in the same way as us though. That's what i dont understand. 

It is UEFA FFP not Prem

So the "big 6" have the massive revenue for it not to be an issue, and everyone else in the league doesn't spend as much as us on wages at the moment

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It is UEFA FFP not Prem

So the "big 6" have the massive revenue for it not to be an issue, and everyone else in the league doesn't spend as much as us on wages at the moment

So we are being careful because it would cause us problems if we qualified for Europe then this season? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

OK but why is everyone else signing players?

Are they better run than us?

We may as well have a transfer ban:ph34r:

Presumably  their player costs to turnover is better than ours which is one of the worst in the league as we have chased a CL/EL spot.

12 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

If anyone’s interested, I’m going down early on Sunday and will be holding a prayer group outside the club shop, where a few of us will be praying for better financial times for the King Power Group.

We’ll also be doing a quick whip round for Top and big Susan so they can put it towards a new signing in the near future. 

Cheers. 

Our lack of transfer activity is primarily due to fans referring to our CEO and Big Susan.

• Haha 1

The old (current) fpp rules say clubs could make a loss of 5million euros over a three year period but this could be inceased by 30mil from equity funding from owners

The new rules from 23/24 limit the amount to be spent on players, agents, commissions and player wages to 90% of revenue... then 80% in 24/25 ... and 70% in 25/26.

What is our current revenue and what is our current wage bill?

Edited by foxinsocks

It is unclear if our ffp worry is about complying with the current scheme or with tbe new scheme from nect season.

Nb.  In future i think buying players to loan back or out will be less likeky.  I wonder also if clubs will be able to spread a player's purchase cost over the lifetime of a contract?