Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

How would you vote in a General Election tomorrow? 9/22

Westminster Voting Intention  

202 members have voted

1. 1. GE 2022 - in order of most seats won in GE 2019 + other parties

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • DUP
    • Sinn Féin
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alba
    • Green
    • Alliance
    • UKIP
    • Brexit/Reform Party
    • BNP
    • Other
    • None
    • Spoiled

27 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Anyone have any advice on how to get through to Tory voting parents who STILL insist they'll vote Tory, even now?

Parents that are working class and vote 'because immigrants'? 

Also read, how to point out the blindingly obvious to the intellectually challenged?

The actual answer I guess is the dependency ratio is almost at 2 tax payers for every retired people and UK families simply don’t have 2.4 children anymore as they can’t afford it. Older people need immigrants coming in for both skilled and unskilled labour to pay taxes if they want to actually get their pensions when they qualify for them, as their simply aren’t enough young native people to do it due to population ageing.

How much they will take that in though idk.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Anyone have any advice on how to get through to Tory voting parents who STILL insist they'll vote Tory, even now?

Parents that are working class and vote 'because immigrants'? 

Also read, how to point out the blindingly obvious to the intellectually challenged?

Tell them about me, that should do it lol

Have they or their friends got any desire to move within the EU for their retirement? Do they want to see their pensions remain intact? Do they value the future of their children, ie you?

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just had a quick look at religious parties in the UK and thankfully they're so insignificant that there's nothing to worry about. Which is a relief because some of their policies are so utterly repugnant.

Which ones? I’m not super familiar with any Religious party. 

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just be honest.

Not disclosing voter names to aid honesty and to cut out arguments/attacks in the thread.

Just give an honest answer as to which party would get your vote in a General Election if we were to have one tomorrow

So just who voted British Nazi Party? Don't know how many have voted so was it more than one?

31 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Tell them about me, that should do it lol

Have they or their friends got any desire to move within the EU for their retirement? Do they want to see their pensions remain intact? Do they value the future of their children, ie you?

If I can scare them about their own pensions that could help! Fire over your scariest piece of pension news lol

I've already tried the future of children line, i.e. my sister's prospects of becoming a homeowner. Gets brushed aside as sensationalist. 

It would seem that for some people the house has to burn before they feel the heat.

20 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I almost feel like my vote is irrelevant living in South Northants. Leadsom always wins comfortably and I'd be amazed if she didn't again at the next GE. Fingers crossed Labour don't cock-up the PR voting system if they get into power. 

I also live in a constituency which is almost always Tory - Wells. Labour voters in this neck of the woods are about as common as Tories in Barnsley. I voted Lib Dem for the first and only time in 2010 because the sitting Tory was embroiled in the expenses scandal and there was a strong local Liberal candidate who seemed to have a good chance of winning the seat. Heathcote-Amory was the Tory who distinguished himself by claiming for a cart load of horse manure. At the election I designed and printed a spoof Tory poster which urged passers-by to vote for 'Horsesh*t-Amory'. It featured in the local press and the Tory political agent complained about it, but because it was on private land there was nothing he could do. Heathcote-Amory lost the election.

• Like 1