Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Have you put your heating on yet?  

184 members have voted

  1. 1. Well have you?

    • No way, man
      115
    • Yes, I have, I can't take this anymore, please don't think ill of me
      69


Recommended Posts

Posted
9 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Well, our heating hasn't gone on yet but I would suggest we'll be one of the first.

Watching TV yesterday evening, Mrs. FFF said she was cold so went into our bedroom and put her dressing gown on over her clothes. 

I only put the fan away 4 days ago.....

 

Did you get him off coach one?

  • 1 month later...
Posted

In a heating/gas dilemma. On an Octopus F/R for the gas at £.0509p which ends at the end of December. Everything I'm reading says the cost is going to escalate significantly in Jan. I've the option of moving to a new F/R now, either £0.0869p or £0.0805p. 12mth or 18mth F/R.

If I wait until Dec the F/R might be £0.10p or worse. 

 

Is it scaremongering that it'll be really high?

 

It would be 11 weeks at the new higher rate, I'm thinking we'll not use much for the next few, looking at the weather forecast (gas does HW & CH only) and I'm away for 4 weeks mid Nov to mid Dec. It might be worth it. 

 

Anyone else deliberating over energy prices/products or have thoughts. 

Posted

We have a Kerosene oil tank to heat our house. Cost per litre this time last year was 47p

 

Cost per litre today is £1.12

 

Fvck Trump

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Izzy said:

We have a Kerosene oil tank to heat our house. Cost per litre this time last year was 47p

 

Cost per litre today is £1.12

 

Fvck Trump

Good thing it's still warm then.

Posted
5 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

In a heating/gas dilemma. On an Octopus F/R for the gas at £.0509p which ends at the end of December. Everything I'm reading says the cost is going to escalate significantly in Jan. I've the option of moving to a new F/R now, either £0.0869p or £0.0805p. 12mth or 18mth F/R.

If I wait until Dec the F/R might be £0.10p or worse. 

 

Is it scaremongering that it'll be really high?

 

It would be 11 weeks at the new higher rate, I'm thinking we'll not use much for the next few, looking at the weather forecast (gas does HW & CH only) and I'm away for 4 weeks mid Nov to mid Dec. It might be worth it. 

 

Anyone else deliberating over energy prices/products or have thoughts. 

I'm thinking life's too short to stress too much about it.

 

It's not even like changing supplier makes much difference nowadays. Energy and water companies are just one big cabal.

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm thinking life's too short to stress too much about it.

 

It's not even like changing supplier makes much difference nowadays. Energy and water companies are just one big cabal.

The gas bill increasing by £700 / £1000 or more per year is quite difficult to be relaxed about. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm thinking life's too short to stress too much about it.

 

It's not even like changing supplier makes much difference nowadays. Energy and water companies are just one big cabal.

I guess people on low incomes may have a different view!

 

The gov aren't getting a grip of rising costs at all and will impact their vote base the most. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

I guess people on low incomes may have a different view!

 

The gov aren't getting a grip of rising costs at all and will impact their vote base the most. 

They have already spent the dividend from increased fuel and gas prices.

 

Once they come down there will probably need to be tax rises to cover those 'losses'.

  • Like 1
Posted

The thing is that the longer the war goes on energy companies, weapons manufacturers, supermarkets and banks profits will soar.

 

In the eyes of the billionaire class this war must go on. 

 

It has the added bonus of impoverishing the global population making them slaves to work.

Posted (edited)

It pains me that those less off are being exploited by the price of energy. 

 

It warms my heart that the fossil fuel enthusiasts and climate denialists are being hammered. 

 

We severely need green energy at the household level. 

Edited by Officer Doofy
Posted
28 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The gas bill increasing by £700 / £1000 or more per year is quite difficult to be relaxed about. 

Flogging a dead horse now obvs but it's bananas we are talking about the increasing price of fossil fuels in 2026. Happy clappers and the intense lobbying power of the industry really have done a number on the people

  • Like 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, Officer Doofy said:

It pains me that those less off are being exploited by the price of energy. 

 

It warms my heart that the fossil fuel enthusiasts and climate denialists are being hammered. 

 

We severely need green energy at the household level. 

Unfortunately the happy clappers will not be able to make the link between increasing prices and potential of cheaper energy sources. Their conclusion will be 'drill for more oil!!!'

Posted
2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Flogging a dead horse now obvs but it's bananas we are talking about the increasing price of fossil fuels in 2026. Happy clappers and the intense lobbying power of the industry really have done a number on the people

Isn't that the damn truth. 

 

2026 and far too many people think Paleolithic methods are still the best way to generate energy. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

The gas bill increasing by £700 / £1000 or more per year is quite difficult to be relaxed about. 

I barely pay that in a year. Could you not just use less gas? :dunno:

 

You're not one of these people who walk around their house in the middle of winter in just their underpants and the thermostat set to 25°?

Posted
25 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I barely pay that in a year. Could you not just use less gas? :dunno:

 

You're not one of these people who walk around their house in the middle of winter in just their underpants and the thermostat set to 25°?

I don't pay that a year either at the moment, we're only a medium use household, but if the prices increase as it's being predicted, it could rise by that amount. That's the issue.  Going to 8p/kw increases it by £300 ish.  It was 10p/kw a couple of years ago and the prediction is higher. 

 

If people are in a position to absorb a £500+ increase, that's great but many people aren't. 

Posted
3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I don't pay that a year either at the moment, we're only a medium use household, but if the prices increase as it's being predicted, it could rise by that amount. That's the issue.  Going to 8p/kw increases it by £300 ish.  It was 10p/kw a couple of years ago and the prediction is higher. 

 

If people are in a position to absorb a £500+ increase, that's great but many people aren't. 

Oh, were you saying from 700 it will become 1000?

 

I was thinking you were saying your bill was going up by approx £700-1000 and I was wondering how you used that much gas.

Posted

Got a baby due end of November, cannot wait for this extra expense. House is terrible for retaining heat in the winter and ****ing boiling in the summer. Happy with the weather currently.

Posted
1 hour ago, Kopic said:

Got a baby due end of November, cannot wait for this extra expense. House is terrible for retaining heat in the winter and ****ing boiling in the summer. Happy with the weather currently.

Sleeping bags were a godsend for newborn in winter. Guide on what togs below.

 

https://www.nhs.uk/best-start-in-life/baby/baby-basics/newborn-and-baby-sleeping-advice-for-parents/safe-sleep-advice-for-babies/

  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...