Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Have you put your heating on yet?

Have you put your heating on yet?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Well have you?

• No way, man
    • Yes, I have, I can't take this anymore, please don't think ill of me

Still holding out from putting our electric radiators on which cost us an absolute fortune to run.

Fired up the log burner in the living room in the evenings and had the oil filled radiator on in my office for a few hours yesterday.

Wearing three layers around the house and telling wife/kids to do the same.

Desperately holding out!!

• Like 1

Not yet,  Always wait until October before putting it on  as if the temperature has dropped massively between 30th September and the 1st October :teehee:

Will try and leave it longer this year if I can.  Have brought fleeces and blankets just going to try and layer up as much as possible.

? I have currently have windows open. 

Ok, my boiler broke down in August there is that, (new one being fitted in mid October). But, I only use the heating when its single figures outside and even then, an hour in the morning and a few hours at night.  

37 minutes ago, Line-X said:

? I have currently have windows open. 

Ok, my boiler broke down in August there is that, (new one being fitted in mid October). But, I only use the heating when its single figures outside and even then, an hour in the morning and a few hours at night.  

Where do you live? The Bahamas? I can barely feel my hands 

• Haha 1

No heating at the moment. 11 deg C outside and 21 deg C in my home office, which is extremely well insulated, drylined on the outside wall and with an insulated double ceiling. I have just been camping in Scotland where there have already been a couple of night frosts! In the evening I press the boost button on the combi to get an hour's heat which warms the rest of the house for a while.

First winter with the heat pump - its set to 18c all day, 10c overnight, but coming on little thanks to insulation

(Consistent all day was recommended as most efficient for the HP)

May change it as we get used to it

Edited by Dahnsouff

1929 semi detached with massive solid wall along one side is a bit of a challenge to keep warm. My previous house envy of those living in lovely big old houses has evaporated of late, I must say.

Coldest morning so far - 15.7 degrees downstairs, but nobody actually moaning, amazing what you get used to.

Probably going to put the heating on for a bit tonight/tomorrow for the first time this autumn mainly because it's getting harder to get washing dry and for towels to dry after showering and using a damp towel is a bit bleak