Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2023

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Selby in some serious touch today.

Another ranking title to the tally and couldn't have timed finally hitting some form any better with the World's around the corner.

Is it on TV? I looked earlier this afternoon and couldn't see it on the usual ITV/Eurosport. 

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Is it on TV? I looked earlier this afternoon and couldn't see it on the usual ITV/Eurosport. 

No unfortunately, all a bit weird, was pay to watch online and then only sold tickets to attend for the final day only.

Just come back, well done to the Jester, and got to say he looked really good doing it, 3 tons, hitting form at the right time.  Was somewhere between 85 and 100 in for the final, presume the same for the other sessions today.

Fair credit to WST for getting it in to replace the Turkish Masters, means Selby plays in the Tour Champs next week ITV 4, £20k for turning up.

Poor Gary Wilson today came back from 3-1 down in semi to Pang.

At stake in the final frame was a place in the final so extra £17.5k minimum, last spot in the tour champs £20k min, guaranteed top 16 spot for the Crucible (no qualifying) Round 1 £20k.

So that 1 frame cost him around £57.5k when he has won £860k in his career, so nearly 10%, OUCH!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Just come back, well done to the Jester, and got to say he looked really good doing it, 3 tons, hitting form at the right time.  Was somewhere between 85 and 100 in for the final, presume the same for the other sessions today.

Fair credit to WST for getting it in to replace the Turkish Masters, means Selby plays in the Tour Champs next week ITV 4, £20k for turning up.

Poor Gary Wilson today came back from 3-1 down in semi to Pang.

At stake in the final frame was a place in the final so extra £17.5k minimum, last spot in the tour champs £20k min, guaranteed top 16 spot for the Crucible (no qualifying) Round 1 £20k.

So that 1 frame cost him around £57.5k when he has won £860k in his career, so nearly 10%, OUCH!!

I read somewhere that it was just £500 that kept Wilson out of that top 8 aswell.

Bet that was a rough night's kip

• Like 1

Tour Championship is on ITV4 this week.

Last tournament before the world championship, loads of ranking points to play for.

Day and Ding hoping to get into the top 16, or both at the expense of Gary Wilson. Selby or Allen could be world number 1 too.

Qualifiers started on Monday, players ranked 17-48 get going at the weekend. Good that they are playing first to 10 from the off.

It finishes next Wednesday evening then the world championships proper starts a few days later which I always thought was too short a turnaround.

Some noise on 16 year old Stan Moody who won his first round qualifying match. His temperament is very good for his age, hope he gets on tour and storms of the ranking in the next few years. Snooker needs a few young faces at the top to refreshen things up and attract the next generation.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Qualifiers started on Monday, players ranked 17-48 get going at the weekend. Good that they are playing first to 10 from the off.

It finishes next Wednesday evening then the world championships proper starts a few days later which I always thought was too short a turnaround.

Some noise on 16 year old Stan Moody who one his first round qualifying match. His temperament is very good for his age, hope he gets on tour and storms of the ranking in the next few years. Snooker needs a few young faces at the top to refreshen things up and attract the next generation.

Already on the tour next season isn't he? From winning the Youth World Championship or something like that. Talented lad. 

Lots of talented lads come through but struggle to make it to the top. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Already on the tour next season isn't he? From winning the Youth World Championship or something like that. Talented lad. 

Lots of talented lads come through but struggle to make it to the top. 

Aah I see, didnt realise. 

Watched Moody’s first round match, some impressive play with a few very well taken accomplished breaks. He is back in action this afternoon against Zhang Anda.

Watching Cahill vs Hendry atm, Hendry started with a century but its been all downhill since lol 

Guess its difficult to gauge how good some of the 17-32 ranked players are if they've climbed up the rankings in the shorter matches.

Hoping some of the younger Chinese players and Mertens make it to the Crucible.

51 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Anyone going to the World Championship anyway? I swear the cost of tickets is at least 50% higher now than it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Unfortunately they’ve changed the structure this year with about the first five rows classed as Century Club or Premium.

I last went in 2019, was able to sit Row B for around £30.

Don’t think we’ll be seeing Coventry shirt Brian on the front row this year, he might have to make do with Row M lol