Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2023

On 10/04/2023 at 18:48, Nalis said:

Anyone going to the World Championship anyway? I swear the cost of tickets is at least 50% higher now than it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Prices are ridiculous now. Used to be £10 for a first round match. Only paid £30 for the semi-final. Looking forward to the championship.  

1 hour ago, NAKC20 said:

A front row seat for the evening session on Monday 17th for a first round match is £357.50!!! That is absurd. Who in their right mind would pay that?

Posh cvnts who enjoy canapés, champagne & cheese boards.

That’s the added luxury of the first two rows this year.

24 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What a sickening way to lose your tour card after 32 years

Watched it on youtube at the time at thought he might somehow fvck up the colours. His breakbuilding was decent up to then with a few shots harder than that, pure pressure.

8 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Sad that none of the 3 players who have has careers pretty much destroyed from adverse reactions from the jab Scott Donaldson Ben Mertins and Ben Wollaston  miss out on the crucible 

Ben Mertens is only 18 and got further than his world ranking predicted, hardly a destroyed career.

Not even going to get into the jab comment as I dont want to derail a decent thread

Edited by Nalis

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Ben Mertens is only 18 and got further than his world ranking predicted, hardly a destroyed career.

Not even going to get into the jab comment as I dont want to derail a decent thread

Just very unlucky !

Hopefully if they are back playing will eventually get back to their best .

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

BBC really are shite when it comes to sport. 

They've showed all of one hour of snooker this morning on BBC 2 before finishing on their main channels. BBC One has on Homes Under The Hammer and Bargain Hunt, can't miss those important shows!! Meanwhile BBC 3 and 4 are sitting idle. 

Yes its on iPlayer or Red Button, but the latter is usually in SD and not everyone can use iPlayer. 

Unforgiveable for a Sunday morning IMO. 

It does amuse me when people complain there is too much sport on terrestrial TV. We get relatively little and continually switching from channel to channel (often at different ends of the listings) is not ideal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

It does amuse me when people complain there is too much sport on terrestrial TV. We get relatively little and continually switching from channel to channel (often at different ends of the listings) is not ideal.

Most annoying is when they have to switch channels because of the news. 

The forking news!! There's a whole bastard channel for it. But no the OAPs don't know how to find that. 

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

BBC really are shite when it comes to sport. 

They've showed all of one hour of snooker this morning on BBC 2 before finishing on their main channels. BBC One has on Homes Under The Hammer and Bargain Hunt, can't miss those important shows!! Meanwhile BBC 3 and 4 are sitting idle. 

Yes its on iPlayer or Red Button, but the latter is usually in SD and not everyone can use iPlayer. 

Unforgiveable for a Sunday morning IMO. 

Always winds me up when snooker is on BBC. Just put it on bb3 or 4 and have it on all day. 

I like to switch between channels occasionally when watching snooker, so don't bother with red button. Luckily I have eurosport anyway so prefer to watch on that. 

• Like 1

Bbc 3 and 4 aren't sat idle all day. The BBC only have a certain number of channels they can broadcast at one time. So when CBBC and CBeebies switch off for for night at 7pm, that's when BBC 3 and 4 become active.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Pockets seem very generous so far, a number of shots that looked well wide have somehow dropped in.

Agreed. Probably just new cloths, cushions and balls helping them slide in. 

Edited by The Bear

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

World seniors has been great again.  Drago beats King in a brillaint match.  Tony in tears at the end.

Love Drago when I was a kid. I caught the second frame where Drago put Davis in a crazy snooker

• 5 weeks later...