Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2023

6 hours ago, kingfox said:

An update on the match fixing scandal, not a pleasant read.

Liang Wenbo, Lu Ning & Li Hang are surely finished, the rest in deep trouble too.

https://wpbsa.com/wpbsa-statement-18-january-2023/

Considering Jamie Jones got a 1 year ban for failing to report an approach to match fixing, I'm expecting lengthy or lifetime bans for most of that list if found guilty.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Considering Jamie Jones got a 1 year ban for failing to report an approach to match fixing, I'm expecting lengthy or lifetime bans for most of that list if found guilty.

I could be wrong, but with the way that is laid out, it seems to me that Liang Wenbo, Li Hang & Lu Ning got the other seven to fix matches. Those three are the oldest of the bunch as well, could easily be seen as more intimidating people.

As Chang Bingyu’s statement read, supposedly Liang threatened him into it, that seems to coincide with that statement.

If that’s the case Liang, Li & Lu should get lifetime bans, the rest will probably vary.

55 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Is that every Chinese player of any great note (top 100) other than ding being done then? Be a massive hit for snooker, China is such a big market for them, lose all the Chinese players and that market shrinks massively. 

There are still smatterings. Zhou is probably the next best, he was pushing for top 16 at one point but it now settled as a top 32 player.

On 19/01/2023 at 05:38, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Is that every Chinese player of any great note (top 100) other than ding being done then? Be a massive hit for snooker, China is such a big market for them, lose all the Chinese players and that market shrinks massively. 

Xiao Guodong who in the top 50. Rumour has it he may be the one who rumbled it after an approach. 

I may have mentioned it before but Dave Gilbert took over my snooker club last year. I often see him in there practicing his snooker and pool, or helping out behind the bar. Any way, I was in there playing yesterday afternoon, and he was with a young Asian girl with glasses who I recognised on the table next to me. 

Turns out it was 3 time World Pool Champion Ng On-Yee, who was invited over by Dave for a coaching session as she's playing in the Snooker Shoot Out today. She was ok in the balls but struggled a bit with her long shots as you'd expect from a pool player. Still better than me though! 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=185834464051231&id=100078740357475&sfnsn=scwspmo

Edit - Looks like she lost. 

Edited by The Bear