Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Grant you that 

Although as an option off the bench, he'd give us something the likes of Praet can't. 

I've just caught up with yesterday's game and I'm on the whole pretty positive with a lot of it, the one gripe is we had the bit between our teeth and had the momentum and then Vardy and Praet disrupted that somewhat. I think Daka and Tete stay on and we'd have created more goalscoring chances to win it, which could be the difference come the end of the season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Although as an option off the bench, he'd give us something the likes of Praet can't. 

I've just caught up with yesterday's game and I'm on the whole pretty positive with a lot of it, the one gripe is we had the bit between our teeth and had the momentum and then Vardy and Praet disrupted that somewhat. I think Daka and Tete stay on and we'd have created more goalscoring chances to win it, which could be the difference come the end of the season. 

Seem to have been particularly odd substitutions those when we were on top and threatening. As @TheFosseWay argued on Twitter, bringing Vardy on nowadays is like voluntarily hobbling your attack or playing with ten men.

Vardy will always be my favourite ever player. It’s just wrong that it ends like this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Transfer deadline day can often be a traumatic and tense time when the future of a player is uncertain, and Jack Harrison will never forget the events of Tuesday January 31, 2023.

The Leeds United winger endured his very own emotional rollercoaster that day, when he was at the centre of a proposed £22 million move to Leicester City.

Two hours before the 11pm cut-off point, Harrison was starting a medical at Leicester’s training ground after Leeds had accepted a bid earlier that afternoon.

Brendan Rodgers was convinced the deal was going through, but at around 9.15pm Harrison’s agent, Remy Cherin, took a call from Leeds informing him it was off and to head back up the motorway.

Leicester were stunned, with Rodgers describing it as one of his biggest disappointments in management.

“It was strange to say the least. Everyone knows what happened, there was a lot of drama,” he says.

“As a player it was the most vulnerable I’ve felt. It was a big eye-opener to what goes on behind the scenes with football. When I got the call [telling him the deal was off] I had to accept it straight away. You have to accept the chaos and move forward.

“There is drama in other people’s lives and they have to go to work the next day, it’s just the same for us as footballers. I realised it’s important to have really good people around you.”

Edited by StanSP
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not as good as Harvey Barnes, next. 

Better winger, worse striker. However I see us having less and less use for outright wingers so no real use to us. Tete is the last man standing but he appears to be second fiddle to a full back.

Chances created: Harrison 18th in the PL (51), Barnes 122nd (15).

Goal contributions (both 27 appearances): Harrison 10, Barnes 11

Tackles, interceptions, clearances: Harrison 60, Barnes 34

Barnes does one thing - score goals - better.  Harrison is a playmaker.  Barnes is exclusively a LW, Harrison plays all over the pitch.  Barnes doesn't defend, Harrison does.  Totally different players.

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Chances created: Harrison 18th in the PL (51), Barnes 122nd (15).

Goal contributions (both 27 appearances): Harrison 10, Barnes 11

Tackles, interceptions, clearances: Harrison 60, Barnes 34

Barnes does one thing - score goals - better.  Harrison is a playmaker.  Barnes is exclusively a LW, Harrison plays all over the pitch.  Barnes doesn't defend, Harrison does.  Totally different players.

They both play left wing. Harrison drifts and has more of an impact in parts of the game than Barnes but given he's been our best player since January, Harrison would either have been a sub or played wide right (far less effective for Leeds when played there).

Harrison isn't as good as Maddison to play centrally either.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They both play left wing. Harrison drifts and has more of an impact in parts of the game than Barnes but given he's been our best player since January, Harrison would either have been a sub or played wide right (far less effective for Leeds when played there).

Harrison isn't as good as Maddison to play centrally either.

MON would like Harrison 

would be nice to have an option of playing a right winger on the right and left winger etc etc 

the inverted option is predictable with the full back overlapping unless we can free madders up inside to take the ball and do something 

I think Harrison would have been a big positive for us if he’d signed 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

He’s been awful for WBA hasn’t he? 

15 minutes ago, Phenom said:

What was he contributing before he left?

6 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

He can’t get in the WBA side

Crap as a footballer (at the minute) but we've let all the leaders and the core of the group leave without replacing them. Kasper gone, Evans always injured, Albrighton (vice captain) gone. We're left with Tielemans and Maddison as captains, neither will be here in a few months.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

He has Kristiansen on toast tonight and is arguably the difference. And playing as a left footed right winger too.

Still not worth 100k a week though.

I think with Rodgers gone this one is done and dusted.