Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

On 31/01/2023 at 09:56, messerschmitt said:

This type of signing is exactly what has got us in the mess we are in now, over 25 with no resale value that doesn't improve the starting 11. Would sooner we gave Maswanhise the chance. I'm amazed were even considering this.

13 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Sickening if true. 100k on a ‘backup winger’ 😂

I agree on the 100k front, but would he really be back up, Barnes has been dreadful for 2 months now

10 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Are Harrisons stats better than Barnes'?

In every category except scoring goals, yes.  But that reflects that they’re paid to do different things.

Again, if you’ve ever actually watched Harrison play he wanders all over the pitch, and spends a lot of his time centrally.  Barnes basically hugs the touchline, ignores pressing and defending, and waits for a chance to hit the opponent on the break.  His entire game is basically running at defenders, cutting inside to shoot, making the wrong decision and sometimes scoring anyway because he’s good at scoring goals.

Harrison, if we signed him, would make the most sense if you believed Maddison was leaving this summer.  Harrison can play as a sort of winger, but he can also fill Maddison’s creative role centrally.  Not as well as Maddison does, but better than any of our other current options who are all playing out of position when they’re asked to.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

In every category except scoring goals, yes.  But that reflects that they’re paid to do different things.

Again, if you’ve ever actually watched Harrison play he wanders all over the pitch, and spends a lot of his time centrally.  Barnes basically hugs the touchline, ignores pressing and defending, and waits for a chance to hit the opponent on the break.  His entire game is basically running at defenders, cutting inside to shoot, making the wrong decision and sometimes scoring anyway because he’s good at scoring goals.

Harrison, if we signed him, would make the most sense if you believed Maddison was leaving this summer.  Harrison can play as a sort of winger, but he can also fill Maddison’s creative role centrally.  Not as well as Maddison does, but better than any of our other current options who are all playing out of position when they’re asked to.

So a rich Man’s Perez 

7 minutes ago, Phenom said:

So a rich Man’s Perez 

No, a rich man’s Perez would suck, just less.  Harrison is actually a good player (and in no way, shape, or form is Perez suited to do anything Maddison does for the side).

Edited by Deeg67

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

A new coach at Leeds means this is finished 

anyone with a footballing brain will want to keep the player there 

Will depend if they get relegated or not. Can see players like Harrison and Meslier leaving if they go down, and frankly I would take both.

Still think there is better value to be had outside of the Premier League & Football League though.

6 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Will depend if they get relegated or not. Can see players like Harrison and Meslier leaving if they go down, and frankly I would take both.

Still think there is better value to be had outside of the Premier League & Football League though.

If they go down we should be all over a few of their players! Gnonto, Summerville, Harrison and Tyler Adams would be all great for us. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

The original poster was comparing him to Barnes.

Mr Rubbish is on the same number of goals as Saka, Salah, Firmino and Phil Foden. People really need to get a grip on this one.

I have to confess to be being negative towards Barnes, mainly because the eyes sometimes think he makes bad choices, but the numbers do not lie when it comes to output (goals and assists). I must try harder!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I have to confess to be being negative towards Barnes, mainly because the eyes sometimes think he makes bad choices, but the numbers do not lie when it comes to output (goals and assists). I must try harder!  :thumbup:

Everytime i watch Liverpool these days i think Salah is complete junk. We watch Barnes and we want him to glide past defenders time after time, but its simply not possible. I really think the additional winger and the central striker on form will really help him. In Barnes we trust!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Tiatto re gen

Ahh Danny Tiatto. One game I saw him all he did was pass sideways except for one time when he got to the byline and attempted a cross but he miss-hit it and the ball went directly forwards and out for a goal kick.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Thought his comments here about the move been cancelled are interesting - doesn't say anything about his commitment to Leeds. Seems to me he feels messed around and disappointed the move didn't happen in January:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-star-jack-harrison-8142947

This could work out favourably for us longer term. Harrison is still a good back-up LW option but if the £20m fee and rumoured £100k p/w wage packet are true its a pretty expensive addition. If we survive and Leeds don't, or even if Leeds do avoid the drop and he swerves the new deal, he could be available for a cheaper fee. I reckon he was more keen on this than the Leeds media let on. There are better options out there but this could still be a good iron to have in the fire for the summer.