Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

On 14/02/2023 at 12:38, lcfc_forever said:

Thought his comments here about the move been cancelled are interesting - doesn't say anything about his commitment to Leeds. Seems to me he feels messed around and disappointed the move didn't happen in January:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-star-jack-harrison-8142947

.. you would think his mind had come to terms with leaving Leeds!!!

Being pulled from a medical is not going to endear him to another season at Leeds 

On 14/02/2023 at 13:12, Simoken said:

after seeing him against a top team on the weekend, im so glad this didnt go through with that wage packet of 100k a week being tooted about.

:plancque:

Agreed. A good squad filler but nowhere near the quality required to improve our first 11.

I'm still convinced he'd have been a good fit, especially after seeing Kristiansen play. 

VK likes to come infield and play as much as he does over lapping on the outside and with Harrison being left footed and playing closer to the touchline, it would have been an interesting dynamic shift from Barnes coming inside and VK going out which would have kept defenders guessing if that sub was made. 

I also think it would have been handy for game management. Defending a lead for example. Subbing Barnes for Harrison doesn't lose you any creativity. JH is closer to Maddison numbers when it comes to chances created and offers more assists than Barnes but he also offers much more defensively so would have been good to bring on to sure up defensively but not lose too much going forward. 

We as Leicester fans know better than anyone that having a team full of the right players is better than having a team full of the best players and I'm pretty sure that he would have been the right player for that position in the squad. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm still convinced he'd have been a good fit, especially after seeing Kristiansen play. 

VK likes to come infield and play as much as he does over lapping on the outside and with Harrison being left footed and playing closer to the touchline, it would have been an interesting dynamic shift from Barnes coming inside and VK going out which would have kept defenders guessing if that sub was made. 

I also think it would have been handy for game management. Defending a lead for example. Subbing Barnes for Harrison doesn't lose you any creativity. JH is closer to Maddison numbers when it comes to chances created and offers more assists than Barnes but he also offers much more defensively so would have been good to bring on to sure up defensively but not lose too much going forward. 

We as Leicester fans know better than anyone that having a team full of the right players is better than having a team full of the best players and I'm pretty sure that he would have been the right player for that position in the squad. 

100% agree. He'd be like our new Albrighton. 

Just now, Pete52 said:

100% agree. He'd be like our new Albrighton. 

Then there is no need for him, it's better to have Inverted wingers who drift inside, take on defenders and score goals that's what we need and it does better job in balancing the team and our attacking options, we already experienced that since 2018.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BenTayfour said:

Then there is no need for him, it's better to have Inverted wingers who drift inside, take on defenders and score goals that's what we need and it does better job in balancing the team and our attacking options, we already experienced that since 2018.

Sorry, I should have said he'd be like our new Albrighton, but who is more suited to a possession based system. Harrison can do both jobs breaking the lines and adding balance to the flanks when needed. We won't always need to go gung-ho with Barnes and Tete. I'd rather we get a dependable winger in who gives us 7/10 most weeks than another flair player on top of Barnes and Tete. It's good to have some balance/differing options in the side. Not just that, but he also posts up good underlying creative numbers, too. 

As @Scotch says, Harrison can also be a left footed left winger at times, which could stretch the game on that side and give us another option, allowing for Kristiansen to invert into midfield, or Tete to drift inside on the other flank. A bit like the role the Brazilian carried out which benefitted Barnes on Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

I agree in that I prefer inside forwards but only having inside forwards is silly. Having different options and other ways to hurt teams is clearly smarter. 

If a team is scouting us and see that all they have to do to nullify our wingers is stop them coming inside, we're doing half their job for them but if the scout us and see that we can come inside AND stretch the game with a winger who hits the touchline, it makes us less predictable and harder to prepare for. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Every day when I wake up my first thought is " I'm so pleased we didn't sign Jack Harrison "

100% long term, but short term it would have made me feel more comfortable about this season.

It a shame that we didn't look elsewhere if we had another 20m to spend.

• Like 3

On 16/02/2023 at 09:53, Scotch said:

...not sure he would want to be Barnes understudy!!!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Doing alright isn’t he?

Only since Gracia has gone in there. He'd have likely struggled here, like nearly every player currently is doing. The one that's still doing relatively well despite the malaise is Barnes who plays where Harrison does anyway.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only since Gracia has gone in there. He'd have likely struggled here, like nearly every player currently is doing. The one that's still doing relatively well despite the malaise is Barnes who plays where Harrison does anyway.

Grant you that