Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

There was a Leeds journalist on the radio who said the late decision not to sell was something to do with the takeover. Selling party wanted to do the deal as they would take the fee bs buying party who wanted to keep the player 

I really hope this isn't true that we were willing to offer him £100k+ a week

Phil Hay is pretty good for Leeds info as well

https://motleedsnews.com/news/leeds-united-wont-match-100-a-week-plus-leicester-city-contract-offer-for-jack-harrison-phil-hay/

The Athletic journalist said on The Phil Hay Show (3 February, 7min) that based on the deadline day events: “It’s perfectly reasonable to draw the conclusion that Leeds were minded to sell him at that point, were seriously considering the possibility that they might take the money for him, which would have been £20million.

“But as it is Harrison stays, he’s still at the club, I’d expect him to be in the squad against Forest on Sunday (5 February), and the plan is to sign him to a new contract, which incidentally will not be at the same level as Leicester were offering.

Our understanding is Leicester were going to pay him six figures, it would have been £100,000-a-week plus for him. He’s not going to get that at Leeds. But Leeds think they can get him onto a new deal now.”

It remains unclear who exactly tabbed Harrison to leave in the first place, with Hay saying: “If anything [Harrison] seemed minded to stay at Leeds. I didn’t get the impression that Marsch wanted him to go. From asking around I certainly don’t think Orta particularly wanted him to go.”

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://motleedsnews.com/news/leeds-united-wont-match-100-a-week-plus-leicester-city-contract-offer-for-jack-harrison-phil-hay/

The Athletic journalist said on The Phil Hay Show (3 February, 7min) that based on the deadline day events: “It’s perfectly reasonable to draw the conclusion that Leeds were minded to sell him at that point, were seriously considering the possibility that they might take the money for him, which would have been £20million.

“But as it is Harrison stays, he’s still at the club, I’d expect him to be in the squad against Forest on Sunday (5 February), and the plan is to sign him to a new contract, which incidentally will not be at the same level as Leicester were offering.

Our understanding is Leicester were going to pay him six figures, it would have been £100,000-a-week plus for him. He’s not going to get that at Leeds. But Leeds think they can get him onto a new deal now.”

It remains unclear who exactly tabbed Harrison to leave in the first place, with Hay saying: “If anything [Harrison] seemed minded to stay at Leeds. I didn’t get the impression that Marsch wanted him to go. From asking around I certainly don’t think Orta particularly wanted him to go.”

If true then I think it puts to bed any notion we're trying to lower our wage bill.

• Like 1

Harrison is available for 20 m because he is into the last eighteen months of his current deal. 

hence he is entitled to a more hefty s/o fee because we aren’t paying what he’s worth (£25/30m)

instead of paying him 70/80k, he gets an additional 20k per week over the five years which adds up to that five mill. 

Players salaries can hide a multitude of other things. 

but if we were prepared to pay him that level of salary, we must have a)  really wanted him and b)  be confident that YT won’t renew and madders will be off.    We are supposed to be trimming that wage bill! 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Harrison is available for 20 m because he is into the last eighteen months of his current deal. 

hence he is entitled to a more hefty s/o fee because we aren’t paying what he’s worth (£25/30m)

instead of paying him 70/80k, he gets an additional 20k per week over the five years which adds up to that five mill. 

but if we were prepared to pay him that level of salary, we must have a)  really wanted him and b)  be confident that YT won’t renew and madders will be off.    We are supposed to be trimming that wage bill! 

Could be reduced quite a bit as Bertrand contract runs out in the summer, Cags is off to A. Madrid, Amartey, Mendy and Evans contracts are also up as well as YT 

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Also bear in mind that Harrison’s agent would inflate our offer and we would be happy for Leeds to spaff more money than they want to on wages 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It does suggest they were trying to plan for Madders departure.

Youri I think may struggle to find a starting XI role better than us. He may move to a big name but don’t see him starting regularly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

So as a club we are no better off?????
Not sure that makes sense and certainly doesn’t if it means it upsets better players on lower wages. He’d be our highest paid player after the summer if Maddison leaves?

Surely all you have to offer is more than any other team is willing to offer, can’t imagine many be willing to offer him much more than he’s currently on especially when many need to cut their salary bill.

Edited by hackneyfox

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

So as a club we are no better off?????
Not sure that makes sense and certainly doesn’t if it means it upsets better players on lower wages. He’d be our highest paid player after the summer if Maddison leaves?

Surely all you have to offer is more than any other team is willing to offer, can’t imagine many be willing to offer him much more than he’s currently on especially when many need to cut their salary bill.

Having thought about it, we won’t be paying him six figures, irrespective of adding s/o fees.  It’s his agent inflating our offer so Leeds pay him 70/80k. 

as for upsetting the other squad members, players understand that you can’t compare eggs and apples ….. some wages are without s/o fees which are paid in lumps sums, some are with as they are paid along with salaries. 

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sickening if true. 100k on a ‘backup winger’ 😂

Edited by South Shire Fox

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we're going to pay anyone £80/90k a week next season then go and offer it Kamada at Frankfurt. He's light years ahead of Jack Harrison as a player and that's a huge pay rise for him too. Give him £5-10m signing on fee and it's half what Harrison was going to cost us.

That's our Maddison replacement sorted.

if we was smart, we'd already be in his agents ear, out of contract in the summer, can negotiate with teams outside germany; more potential in Kamada than Harrison, also a smart move on the commercial side too, as it could help shift merch in Japan too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we're going to pay anyone £80/90k a week next season then go and offer it Kamada at Frankfurt. He's light years ahead of Jack Harrison as a player and that's a huge pay rise for him too. Give him £5-10m signing on fee and it's half what Harrison was going to cost us.

You really should write to Top and ask him to replace Rudkin with yourself. You can use FT as your resume. Only downfall is when he's done reading your resume he'll end up ripping up a large portion of season ticket holders in digust after pondering their abuse towards him.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep been thinking he'd be the perfect Maddison replacement. Won't come here though, he'll have his eyes set on someone in Europe.

On 04/02/2023 at 22:15, moore_94 said:

:nigel::nigel::nigel::nigel::nigel: