Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

6N 2023

Don't like/understand rugby but will be forced to watch a lot of this tournament due to it being so big where I am based. Luckily I managed to watch City alongside the two games yesterday. Shows how much I know about the game though.... I always assumed given the amount the Welsh bang on about rugby and hooow greeeat it is, they might be half ok at it. No, got absolutely battered at home by Ireland LOL. One of the Welsh in the group said they've lost 10 of the last 15 matches. What an embarrassing country. I then assumed England at home against Scotland would be a straight-forward win, not at all.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Don't like/understand rugby but will be forced to watch a lot of this tournament due to it being so big where I am based. Luckily I managed to watch City alongside the two games yesterday. Shows how much I know about the game though.... I always assumed given the amount the Welsh bang on about rugby and hooow greeeat it is, they might be half ok at it. No, got absolutely battered at home by Ireland LOL. One of the Welsh in the group said they've lost 10 of the last 15 matches. What an embarrassing country. I then assumed England at home against Scotland would be a straight-forward win, not at all.

The Welsh domestic game is in a horrific state, hence half their squad's average age is about 55.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nalis said:

I know I'm biased but the first half of Ireland France was probably the best ever in the 6N in terms of quality.

Agreed! Some of the play was insane like the Dupont tackle by the try line. The decision to allow Lowe’s try was a bit of a shocker though.

1 hour ago, Samu said:

Agreed! Some of the play was insane like the Dupont tackle by the try line. The decision to allow Lowe’s try was a bit of a shocker though.

We were in awe of Dupont. And yep, Lowe try shouldn't have stood, think these things even itself out with the French yellow than should have been a red.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Scotland for the Grand Slam anybody?

Not saying it definitely wouldnt happen but for there to be any chance at all Ireland and France would have to be at their absolute worst in their matches against Scotland matches and Scotland would need to have the game of their lives.

Edited by Nalis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...