Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very Will Alves-esque

Caylan Vickers from Reading. 

Reminds me of Grealish when he was at Notts County. Looks so coachable as well sadly don’t think there will be any signings this winter bar Sensi

• Like 1

Very Will Alves-esque

should really look at him tbf, given reading's money troubles, could get him for a decent price

what annoys me with the club, we just dont tap into certain markets like we used to or we dont tap into them at all

• Like 1

Very Will Alves-esque

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24998934/reading-caylan-vickers-transfer-real-madrid/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter

We have sent scouts to watch him this season, but I think we have got no chance if the likes of Arsenal are interested.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24998934/reading-caylan-vickers-transfer-real-madrid/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter

We have sent scouts to watch him this season, but I think we have got no chance if the likes of Arsenal are interested.

Interesting, hadn't seen we'd been scouting him.

Would be a great piece of business to get him in, him, Alves and Logan Briggs coming through the academy who all have a chance of being Championship and hopefully PL class.

Definitely not "unheard of" but there are multiple players in the Championship who are too good for this league and will 100% be in the top flights of europe in the next 2-3 years. 

Jonathan Rowe - Norwich
Jaden Philogene - Hull
Gabriel Sara - Norwich
Jack Clarke - Sunderland
Milan Van Ewijk - Coventry

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Man City (Loan at Southampton)

Archie Gray - Leeds

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Definitely not "unheard of" but there are multiple players in the Championship who are too good for this league and will 100% be in the top flights of europe in the next 2-3 years. 

Jonathan Rowe - Norwich
Jaden Philogene - Hull
Gabriel Sara - Norwich
Jack Clarke - Sunderland
Milan Van Ewijk - Coventry

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Man City (Loan at Southampton)

Archie Gray - Leeds

no way in hell we'll be able to get him, will take any team a pretty penny to get him too, then again most in there

also thing Villa have a buy back on Philogene too

One that really interests me is Simone Pafundi, was given his Italy debut by Mancini in 2022 aged 16 and was talked about as being one of italys brightest young players, game time at Udinese has been almost non existant with 10 professional appearances in 3 seasons. 
AFAICS United wanted to sign him from Udinese but because of Brexit rules they are unable to (When Brexit officially happened, English clubs were effectively banned from signing foreign players that are under the age of 18 from EU countries)
So Pafundi has now signed a deal with Swiss Super League club FC Lausanne-Sport (Owned by Ineos)
My assumption here is that will give United a loophole to sign him at a later date given Switzerland are not part of the EU or EEA, but my knowledge on those rules is very lacking. 

Given where United are currently, give it 12 months and they may have a new manager with a completely new direction and Pafundi could become available, he looks a serious talent, and Mancini gave him one of the Italy national teams slots that they award to their most promising youth players, so Mancini must rate him too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

no way in hell we'll be able to get him, will take any team a pretty penny to get him too, then again most in there

also thing Villa have a buy back on Philogene too

Yeah Gray is going to cost a fair bit I'd expect.
Regarding Philogene, the vice-chairman of Hull City confirmed that Villa have a fixed fee of £15m as first refusal, but only if the 2 clubs are in the same division, so providing Hull don't get promoted this season, we could potentially get him for say £20m, since Hull know if they get promoted they will lose him for £15m to Villa if he continues to play well, so I'd expect anything over a £15m bid they would accept if they fail to go up. 
I doubt Villa would bid more than £15m for him if Hull fail to get promotion. 

It’s actually quite a strange deal for both sides, if Hull go up they will likely lose their best player for £15m, if they don’t go up they have an incentive to sell, which would then force Villa to potentially have to pay more money than the fixed fee they have in their contract clause, which I’d doubt they want to do. 

Plus the fact Philogene said in an interview he had to leave Villa to progress his career, so there’s potential that he doesn’t want to return anyway. 

So unless a wild bidding war breaks out for him, Hull have an incentive to sell and Villa will look stupid if they sign their own player back for more than their agreed fee.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like a star in the making, wouldn't cost more than £2-3m at this stage either.

Was watching him the other day against Celtic and thinking the same. Looks to have real potential. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If we stay down i'd like us to go for Hadji wright at Coventry. If we go up, however, id still like us to go for Hadji Wright of Coventry.

I have been banging on about him since his first appearance for them.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

If we stay down i'd like us to go for Hadji wright at Coventry. If we go up, however, id still like us to go for Hadji Wright of Coventry.

I have been banging on about him since his first appearance for them.

We wouldn't have the money to do so, certainly if we didn't go up but he has been impressive.

Sorba Thomas is a similar type of player, similar age and would cost much less.

• Like 1