Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

That’d be ideal, but can’t see it happening. The club gatekeeping is ridiculous. Fair enough for a small time after the PL win when we suddenly had more ‘fans’, but it’s levelled out now. Youngsters should be able to support their team more at aways without waiting 5-6 years to prove themselves. It’s way too restrictive.

I could get a season ticket next season with the points I have, but as I can’t attend every home game due to work and there are no chance of getting away tickets (vast majority sell out before it gets to st stage) then it’s pointless. Having a system where you renew your ticket, however the top priorities also do the same then your no much more of an advantage. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I could get a season ticket next season with the points I have, but as I can’t attend every home game due to work and there are no chance of getting away tickets (vast majority sell out before it gets to st stage) then it’s pointless. Having a system where you renew your ticket, however the top priorities also do the same then your no much more of an advantage. 

It definitely needs to change. The club have their heads up their arses when it comes to things like this. Complete lack of engagement with the younger generations. 

If members could buy tickets legitimately, I’d be at 80% of aways and use it as an opportunity to travel around the country with my lad. It’s something we really want to do, but the current system doesn’t allow us to do that without buying spares. I’d be there at 8am with my bank card ready to snap up tickets.

But the club seem fascinated with giving Gerald from A1 a couple of days grace period to casually decide if he wants to go to every away like some kind of royalty 😂😂 Weird.

In fact, if they had a premium members tier that allowed access to aways for more £, I’d have paid.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Randomly picked from L1 and SK1!

In L1, not got tickets yet, I think you have sussed their thinking.

What a PITA, but as someone who has only just managed to get up to somewhere near a decent priority (20y Season ticket and 5 or more aways a season) its good that the constant abuse by some to keep their top priority is preventing everyone else getting any points to get higher.

I agree with the theory and support it, but I'm sure the ones most annoyed are the ones who will be affected by the changes, buying the "spare" tickets just encourages the ones hoarding the tickets. You agree to the terms and conditions every time you tick the box when you buy tickets.

It will take a while to filter down, but hopefully it will make a difference to everyone else.

I just hope they don't do what some other clubs do where its a random draw on who gets tickets for aways, you know how "random" works at our ticket office!

Large number of LCFC stewards in the away end at old Trafford last week. Looking around it was like a home game. Bizarre. Whole thing is disillusioning. Clubs a farce and they need to be told about it. Could the home stewards in the away end be because there was signage against the board at forest? Wouldn’t surprise me. Control freaks and it’s killing the fan base 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Once again, club can do what they want to fans without any repercussions as they know we will all let it happen just like the FA cup coach issue and countless others.

It feels to me like the club decisions are made by muppets who change things to justify their wage rather than doing the right thing by our supporters.

8 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

It feels to me like the club decisions are made by muppets who change things to justify their wage rather than doing the right thing by our supporters.

IMO, this move is totally ‘doing the right thing by our supporters’. 

Our club are attempting to crack down on supporters who buy tickets just to kept their high away points and then selling them to people who do not have sufficient points, or may not even be ST holders or members. 

When people do that it is they are not only in breach of the terms and conditions of buying a ticket, but they are possibly depriving those with a lower points tally of legitimately buying a ticket.

I applaud this action by the club and hope that it leads to a reduction in the abuse of the away ticket process. 

4 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

This club is just becoming a total joke how it is run, falling out of  love with it tbf from top to bottom 

If you are falling out of love for the club for this, then I would possibly suggest that it could not be classified as “Love” in the first place 

22 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

Our club are attempting to crack down on supporters who buy tickets just to kept their high away points and then selling them to people who do not have sufficient points, or may not even be ST holders or members. 

When people do that it is they are not only in breach of the terms and conditions of buying a ticket, but they are possibly depriving those with a lower points tally of legitimately buying a ticket.

I applaud this action by the club and hope that it leads to a reduction in the abuse of the away ticket process. 

Not sure how to break it to you but the club already prioritise non-STH/members. Staff get ticket allocations as do box holders and anyone can get their hands on them.

I agree the passing on of tickets is not great but there can be other ways to do this and make the system fairer. By having collections it just becomes an unnecessary inconvenience for many honest people.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Father Ted said:

It’s quite clearly evident that certain powers to be at the club don’t want a certain demographic attending games. You can all figure the age, gender and race out. 

This is disgraceful. The final nail in the coffin for me, I’ll take my money where it’s welcome now. I’ve become alienated with the way this club treats this core vocal group of supporters for a long sustained period of time now. 

I suspect that the Ginettas won’t be randomly selected or any of Jim Donnellys army of Coach One front row happy clappers. 

Plenty of local non league clubs that will welcome our support. 

Couldn't agree more, clubs that actually want you to support their team and are grateful that you do so, such a better experience than being treated as an unwanted customer. 

57 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

The same club don’t put tickets on general sale for home games. Let’s not pretend they do the right things by supporters when it comes to ticketing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If your partner cheated on you/treated you like cr4p you would still love them?

FFS!! :nono: Oh dear, let's get back to reality sir!

38 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not sure how to break it to you but the club already prioritise non-STH/members. Staff get ticket allocations as do box holders and anyone can get their hands on them.

I agree the passing on of tickets is not great but there can be other ways to do this and make the system fairer. By having collections it just becomes an unnecessary inconvenience for many honest people.

So we agree 'that the passing on of tickets is not great'. It is also in breach of the T&C of buying that ticket, but let's hold that for a minute.

So what would be your suggestion of the other ways of making the system fairer?

NB - As an 'honest person' any perceived 'unnecessary inconvenience' would not be an inconvenience.

In my opinion the honest have nothing to fear with this process. Those who pass on tickets, which we both agree is 'not great', are the ones who are under 'threat' and I have zero problem with that.