Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I Don't think the club care at all about the fans or general match day experience / atmosphere.

Such awful running of the club and then the odd gift to appease the supporters and prevent uproar.

It's a bit like an abusive relationship...Abuse....buy flowers to appease victim.....abuse.....buy flowers to appease victim...buy flowers....

Clubs being sucked of any life on and off the field.

How can they be called out though? UFS tried something on a smaller scale on Saturday and get shit from all other fans yet the same fans will complain about how the club run things. Club know fans will argue amongst themselves rather than focus on the real issue which is their absolute sh** running of the club

21 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

How can they be called out though? UFS tried something on a smaller scale on Saturday and get shit from all other fans yet the same fans will complain about how the club run things. Club know fans will argue amongst themselves rather than focus on the real issue which is their absolute sh** running of the club

Yup, I don't know the full details about the UFS protest but ultimately,  as good as they are at what they do, they are still only a small minority of the overall support and it will never generate enough attention to make a change.

That's nothing against UFS, I'm more saying that the club will look at it and say well okay a few hundred people aren't happy but look, Doris is still waving her flag to fan cam,  the majority must be happy.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Who cares about what a few people on the internet say. If you really believe in change keep going, anonymous names on a forum don't matter. And judging by the amount of 'clubs a shambles mate I'm sick of it honestly mate shambles going Thurcaston next season shambles' comments you'll have more than enough support. Change takes time, don't give up after a few protests and a few mugs laughing at you about it.

• Like 1

One of the problems the club created themselves a few years back was not allowing you to return your away tickets for games you couldn't attend. I don't know if they still do that but is that not actively encouraging people to sell them on rather then getting them back into the priority system? 

Some people buy tickets with good intentions to attend but with sale dates getting earlier and earlier and people working shifts they can't always make it and need to pass them on they're not necessarily "touts" looking to make a profit. 

The whole system needs a shake up. Not just for fairness because it's become a closed shop, but I think it would improve our away ends atmosphere too.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

One of the problems the club created themselves a few years back was not allowing you to return your away tickets for games you couldn't attend. I don't know if they still do that but is that not actively encouraging people to sell them on rather then getting them back into the priority system? 

Some people buy tickets with good intentions to attend but with sale dates getting earlier and earlier and people working shifts they can't always make it and need to pass them on they're not necessarily "touts" looking to make a profit. 

The whole system needs a shake up. Not just for fairness because it's become a closed shop, but I think it would improve our away ends atmosphere too.

True, I believe there's no formal route to return away tickets which is ridiculous if they're selling out every week. But returns happen quite often, just make up an excuse and force the club into it, or say you are getting a chargeback on your credit card. Much like NFC tickets (an absolute godsend) there are plenty of ways round every system in the world, if you think about it and make an effort.

Posters regularly say 'ticket office is a joke mate honestly so amateur so thick mate shambles' - well if they are so useless, play the ticket office at their own game. If posters are letting a  bunch of 'thickos' dictate terms to them, that makes said posters a.......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

This is a decent idea and one they should do, obviously have a cut off point a couple of weeks before the game though. They'll likely only make it available for sold out games too, which is fair enough.

But they wouldn't make a profit on that like they would when returning your home ST now would they :whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

True, I believe there's no formal route to return away tickets which is ridiculous if they're selling out every week. But returns happen quite often, just make up an excuse and force the club into it, or say you are getting a chargeback on your credit card. Much like NFC tickets (an absolute godsend) there are plenty of ways round every system in the world, if you think about it and make an effort.

Posters regularly say 'ticket office is a joke mate honestly so amateur so thick mate shambles' - well if they are so useless, play the ticket office at their own game. If posters are letting a  bunch of 'thickos' dictate terms to them, that makes said posters a.......

The problem is when you start doing shit like that (cc chargeback), they'll just ban you. They don't give a toss and you're only a number.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The problem is when you start doing shit like that (cc chargeback), they'll just ban you. They don't give a toss and you're only a number.

Do they actually? That sounds like a small claims court dream to me. I love the small claims court for dealing with bullies.

Surely no reason to ban you if you've bought the ticket in good faith, had an unexpected turn of events, given the provider the chance to take back your ticket in return for cash or credit given the ticket is non-transferable and then invoked a s.75 after

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Do they actually? That sounds like a small claims court dream to me. I love the small claims court for dealing with bullies.

Surely no reason to ban you if you've bought the ticket in good faith, had an unexpected turn of events, given the provider the chance to take back your ticket in return for cash or credit given the ticket is non-transferable and then invoked a s.75 after

I imagine something in the T&Cs about it that will probably cover them, not 100% as not something I’ve ever looked into.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Who cares about what a few people on the internet say. If you really believe in change keep going, anonymous names on a forum don't matter. And judging by the amount of 'clubs a shambles mate I'm sick of it honestly mate shambles going Thurcaston next season shambles' comments you'll have more than enough support. Change takes time, don't give up after a few protests and a few mugs laughing at you about it.

I'm not part of UFS. Just judging based on what i've seen

Remember at Brentford home this season. Met a Ukrainian refugee in the blue boar after, he said that the club made him buy a membership for the one match ticket, bought an hour before kick off! He had just turned up on the day from somewhere down south(after finding out tickets were not sold out), his knowledge of the club was admirable and had been a fan since league one days!

Whilst I understand this is the rules for everyone, to charge a refugee however much extra for a membership, when he said he was soon to be going back to Unraine(poor chap), was the greatest example of the faceless, ‘computer says no’, experience that you find at the club. I was quite embarrassed.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Remember at Brentford home this season. Met a Ukrainian refugee in the blue boar after, he said that the club made him buy a membership for the one match ticket, bought an hour before kick off! He had just turned up on the day from somewhere down south(after finding out tickets were not sold out), his knowledge of the club was admirable and had been a fan since league one days!

Whilst I understand this is the rules for everyone, to charge a refugee however much extra for a membership, when he said he was soon to be going back to Unraine(poor chap), was the greatest example of the faceless, ‘computer says no’, experience that you find at the club. I was quite embarrassed.

I would be comfortable in saying I bet they don't get OHL Leuven supporters and members of the DMU Thai society to purchase memberships.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I would be comfortable in saying I bet they don't get OHL Leuven supporters and members of the DMU Thai society to purchase memberships.

I also remember the wider DMU community having access to 5 pound or even free tickets. The amount given meant anyone could have access to them. They didn’t care who was entering the stadium then, because from what I heard it was literally a pile of printed tickets, and students could just collect one.

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think the treatment of international fans is quite appalling. Understand there is a line where you don't want to upset your main fanbase (kinda of ironic when a pre-purchased member card last season got you cheap European competition tickets) but its downright rude in their set up currently. 

That's what I can get with them tbh. Okay, you want to market yourself as a family friendly club etc - yet you do nothing to actually make yourself more inclusive and fresh in their approach. It's the same boring match day set up they've been wheeling out for a while now. 

You saw with the European games last year - there's no actual middle to long term thinking of growing the fanbase but there's lots of 'flog the tickets' as much as we can. Then they got their hands burnt - cos at least two European fixtures last season were full of ex-pats from the away side. So they went completely the other way. 

If this away ID tickets thinking is a collective drive by the PL, I can't help but feel it's something manifested in the way they've treated the most ardent supporters for numerous years. People are pissed off with constant crap kick off times, nonsense stewarding which is based upon stereotyping (recent FSF enquiries confirmed that police have literally been told to concentrate on people wearing certain brands) and all around shit show when it comes to travel now. 

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I also remember the wider DMU community having access to 5 pound or even free tickets. The amount given meant anyone could have access to them. They didn’t care who was entering the stadium then, because from what I heard it was literally a pile of printed tickets, and students could just collect one.

Correct, I was at DMU in 2013 and they dished out £5 tickets every week. Can't imagine that's been the case since we've been back in the Prem though.

41 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Given all the "the owners are such wonderful people" etc, I do wonder what they would think if they knew stuff like this happened.

41 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I think the treatment of international fans is quite appalling. Understand there is a line where you don't want to upset your main fanbase (kinda of ironic when a pre-purchased member card last season got you cheap European competition tickets) but its downright rude in their set up currently. 

That's what I can get with them tbh. Okay, you want to market yourself as a family friendly club etc - yet you do nothing to actually make yourself more inclusive and fresh in their approach. It's the same boring match day set up they've been wheeling out for a while now. 

You saw with the European games last year - there's no actual middle to long term thinking of growing the fanbase but there's lots of 'flog the tickets' as much as we can. Then they got their hands burnt - cos at least two European fixtures last season were full of ex-pats from the away side. So they went completely the other way. 

If this away ID tickets thinking is a collective drive by the PL, I can't help but feel it's something manifested in the way they've treated the most ardent supporters for numerous years. People are pissed off with constant crap kick off times, nonsense stewarding which is based upon stereotyping (recent FSF enquiries confirmed that police have literally been told to concentrate on people wearing certain brands) and all around shit show when it comes to travel now. 

They try and sell the ‘great’ fan experience/interaction to the international fans, from what I’ve heard and seen. As we know this doesn’t exist.

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Given all the "the owners are such wonderful people" etc, I do wonder what they would think if they knew stuff like this happened.

That line always makes me laugh! (Not at you) I think they do know, and they simply think free doughnuts and staying in the Premier League is enough for Leicester city.

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Is there a problem with the current ticketing priority? I don't think there is. 

Granted, STH shouldn't get those extra 50 points but look how many games have made general sale, there has been enough opportunities for folk to build up their points. 

Anyway onto the next issue. The club will only sell tickets to people who have either STH or active memberships meaning they want to to pay more money just to get tickets. Take Southampton for example and this is just one of the games it's happened this season... no general sale.

Fans need to start calling the above out as an absolute shambles.. things then may change.

The only issue for me personally is being doing 10-12+ aways for the past five years for all season tickets. Whenever you feel like you are catching up the club increases the points brackets. Subsequently it’s going to be another 1-2 seasons before I reach another couple of levels up the ladder, provided I can still do double figure away games and the club don’t shift the goal posts again! Conversely the 50 points does help, but I think it’s very generous. I think the id checks are ridiculous and a waste of time, and won’t make any material impact. The process needs looking at but checks aren’t the way to go. 

• Like 4