Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

33 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

So we agree 'that the passing on of tickets is not great'. It is also in breach of the T&C of buying that ticket, but let's hold that for a minute.

So what would be your suggestion of the other ways of making the system fairer?

NB - As an 'honest person' any perceived 'unnecessary inconvenience' would not be an inconvenience.

In my opinion the honest have nothing to fear with this process. Those who pass on tickets, which we both agree is 'not great', are the ones who are under 'threat' and I have zero problem with that.

Bloody hell, the powers that be needn't worry about having muddy boots with you around.

• Like 2

:facepalm:I must sincerely apologise for following the rules and also for calling out those who consider themselves duly privileged and free to abuse those rules to the detriment of fellow supporters. :D

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Good for you. 

I personally couldn’t think of anything worse than having to leave all my mates to head to the ground 30 mins early to collect my tickets with my ID.

EDIT: You were trying to buy a Stockport ticket off someone in the tickets thread earlier in the season, so those dishonest people, you’re one of them lol

Say no more...

8 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

IMO, this move is totally ‘doing the right thing by our supporters’. 

Our club are attempting to crack down on supporters who buy tickets just to kept their high away points and then selling them to people who do not have sufficient points, or may not even be ST holders or members. 

When people do that it is they are not only in breach of the terms and conditions of buying a ticket, but they are possibly depriving those with a lower points tally of legitimately buying a ticket.

I applaud this action by the club and hope that it leads to a reduction in the abuse of the away ticket process. 

Missing the point entirely 

Maybe something should be done to stop some supporters from buying all the away tickets to keep their priority points high and then selling them in when they cant go, although I have gained from that position myself in all honesty BUT not sure this is the action they should be taking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Inevitable that the "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" audience would be out presenting themselves in this thread.

Unbelievable what some people want to accept. These are match tickets to a sporting event. That's it. That's literally it. This level of overzealous checking for match tickets to a sporting event. Jesus.

Some people don’t have much going on in their lives mate, so being top of a ticket priority list is the way they feel successful. Best to leave those ones to it.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

On 24/02/2023 at 18:28, phoneticerror said:

The club have got the ticketing system all wrong any way. 

I think the club have got almost every aspect of running a football club wrong.

There will be a dress code soon.

Edited by adejo92
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Maybe something should be done to stop some supporters from buying all the away tickets to keep their priority points high and then selling them in when they cant go, although I have gained from that position myself in all honesty BUT not sure this is the action they should be taking.

It's extremely difficult to crack down on without inconveniencing people. And I would rather the club don't go down this route.

It would be much simpler for the club to make the distribution of tickets fairer and start by changing the priority points system as a minimum. ST's should not be weighted at 50 points for starters.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's extremely difficult to crack down on without inconveniencing people. And I would rather the club don't go down this route.

It would be much simpler for the club to make the distribution of tickets fairer and start by changing the priority points system as a minimum. ST's should not be weighted at 50 points for starters.

What would you propose?

Not asking in a bitchy way by the way😁

I was in the counting house yesterday as meet a few mates that were in the away end yesterday. They were saying arsenal are clamping down on it as home tickets are selling for £700 plus at the minute! There was arsenal stewards attempting to get people's IDs to check against tickets. It massively kicked off and a few groups basically told them to F off. 

They were saying it was a league thing rather than an arsenal thing. Obviously not sure how true that is. 

21 minutes ago, Raj said:

What would you propose?

Not asking in a bitchy way by the way😁

For the priority points etc.?

My view is to either scrap points for STHs completely or to starkly reduce the points. Example, 10 points for having a season ticket this season, 5 points for last season. Then have 1 point for each away game over the past 3 years or so. Members get 5 points for holding a membership. Then sell on that points system.

I also mentioned further up that tickets could be split out into some allocated to a ballot for STH's and members, some based on priority points (as above) and another allocation free for all (first come first served). That allows new people to have a chance while still giving those "loyals" or "regulars" tickets. Thus preventing a closed shop.

Just my ideas off the cuff.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I was in the counting house yesterday as meet a few mates that were in the away end yesterday. They were saying arsenal are clamping down on it as home tickets are selling for £700 plus at the minute! There was arsenal stewards attempting to get people's IDs to check against tickets. It massively kicked off and a few groups basically told them to F off. 

They were saying it was a league thing rather than an arsenal thing. Obviously not sure how true that is. 

I can understand big clubs being under pressure as touting is a big issue but for our club that is just non-existent. Essentially, the authorities want to know everyone in every seat, completely OTT.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Good for you. 

I personally couldn’t think of anything worse than having to leave all my mates to head to the ground 30 mins early to collect my tickets with my ID.

EDIT: You were trying to buy a Stockport ticket off someone in the tickets thread earlier in the season, so those dishonest people, you’re one of them lol

Sorry to disappoint you but I bought my ticket for Stockport via the legitimate process. (Although on refection that day would have been far better if I’d been stopped from attending the game and witnessing that dire performance!)

Stockportaway.png.988e071f705a9970f0efb930c3018c55.png

On a separate note, this forum does appears is getting as bad as Twitter; anyone who holds a differing opinion to mentally of the mob is attacked. :yawn:

I do find it sad that the prevailing, and arguably selfish view, in this thread is the continuing support the abuse of the Away ticket process and against an initiative to make the system fairer. (But maybe some people do not speak out through fear of the abuse they will face if they take a different view to the mob).

I am yet to hear constructive suggestions on how to make the system fairer but I guess self-interest prevents such suggestions as many just want to carry on breaking the rules.:S

I hope this ID plan is successful and the few (?) who are abusing their high priority ticket status are identified and relevant action taken against them! 

Cue the abuse, over to you ……   :yahoo:

Is there a problem with the current ticketing priority? I don't think there is. 

Granted, STH shouldn't get those extra 50 points but look how many games have made general sale, there has been enough opportunities for folk to build up their points. 

Anyway onto the next issue. The club will only sell tickets to people who have either STH or active memberships meaning they want to to pay more money just to get tickets. Take Southampton for example and this is just one of the games it's happened this season... no general sale.

Fans need to start calling the above out as an absolute shambles.. things then may change.

• Like 1

I Don't think the club care at all about the fans or general match day experience / atmosphere.

Such awful running of the club and then the odd gift to appease the supporters and prevent uproar.

It's a bit like an abusive relationship...Abuse....buy flowers to appease victim.....abuse.....buy flowers to appease victim...buy flowers....

Clubs being sucked of any life on and off the field.

• Like 4