Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

18 minutes ago, Maybes said:

It is. They used to base it on prior year away game attendance, whereas the current system date back about 7-8 years I think

Precisely what a lot of other clubs still do. The fact everyone gets 50 away priority points at the start of the season still also baffles me - just for renewing 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Have to collect from relevant away ground as well lol Absolute rubbish this.

If it's like MK Dons.. then it'll be collection after fox travel arrives too..  

Luckily the bloke in the MK Dons ticket office done us a favour and reprinted ours. 

Excellent!! 

I'm delighted the club are addressing this issue that enables those in a relatively high away points brackets to maintain their position within that high points brackets, who then do not attend the relevant game but sell their (strictly non-transferable) ticket at the detriment of who are further down the away points hierarchy who then see the ‘SOLD OUT’ sign go up!

Next step … address the farce of granting 50 AWAY priority points at the start of each season for having a ST for HOME games, or at least put a limit on the number of seasons, as a ST, that qualifies  an individual for the 50 away point per season.

6 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Why don't we change the priority system so it's actually fair and not based on who got a season ticket 8 years ago instead of 7 years ago? No that's a terrible idea, let's put people on the ground checking tickets.

Absolute ****ing weirdos run this club - and for all the credit Jim seems to get on here, he seems to see no issue with this crazy priority system. 

I don't care myself now as I don't go away much now but I had my best time as a fan from teens to early 20s and kids these days don't even get a chance to enjoy that. It's terrible.

Should be first come first served 2 tickets per person. Sth and members only.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ousefox said:

Just base it on away games in the last 2/3 seasons. Really isn't that difficult is it?

Absolutely mental.

Exactly, I say that as someone benefitting from the 7-8 years worth of priority. 

Also if they already have their suspicions - why not just follow that up with consultation rather than this farce where innocent bystanders get a shitty day 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

And Brighton - since the start of this season.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2802772/important-update-regarding-away-tickets

I would imagine all clubs are implementing something on a small scale which is Premier League driven and hidden behind the cloak of 'disorder on the rise' which is the running narrative.

So from now on if you buy a spare from somebody, you take a risk of not even being allowed in the stadium because the tickets not in your name. This club is run by idiots. Absolute idiots.

Basically what they are saying if you're not a STH holder with 700 points, who sits there morbidly, with a programme, blanket and a flask. Don't bother coming.

Edited by Haywood_6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

So from now on if you buy a spare from somebody, you take a risk of not even being allowed in the stadium because the tickets not in your name. This club is run by idiots. Absolute idiots.

Basically what they are saying if you're not a STH holder with 700 points, who sits there morbidly, with a programme, blanket and a flask. Don't bother coming.

I may have read it differently to you. I read it as you will only be asked to show id if you don’t receive your tickets through the post, instead receiving a phone call from the club arranging a pick up point? 

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Or something like one third on priority basis, one third ballot (STH/Members) and one third first come first served (STH/members). If any left, stick them on general sale.

That’d be ideal, but can’t see it happening. The club gatekeeping is ridiculous. Fair enough for a small time after the PL win when we suddenly had more ‘fans’, but it’s levelled out now. Youngsters should be able to support their team more at aways without waiting 5-6 years to prove themselves. It’s way too restrictive.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

I would be interested to see the breakdown of who is being selected 'randomly'. I wonder if they have a certain demographic in mind. Personally I don't see this decision as the club breaking the mould, instead this is the Premier League and society's obsession with recording who is doing what, where and when. However, the club is so badly run on a supporter's level anyway, we're becoming faceless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

genuine question here... what exactly is the problem? 

when I was at Uni and in my late teens / early twenties I got close to P1, going to a load of away games in and around the League 1 era. Since then the number of away games I've been able to get to has dropped off a cliff and I'm now at the bottom rung on the priority list (of season ticket holders). I've got no chance with some of the games I can/want to go to. 

The only way for me to build my priority back up is by going to Southampton away on a Tuesday night in February, but I don't really fancy that, and that's fine, I get that.

The difference is that without those at the top of the tree buying for each other and keeping it a closed shop, there is a higher number of tickets that will filter down for the more 'marginal' games, e.g. Wolves away and thus giving those at the arse-end more of an opportunity to pick up a few games. 

Are the ones complaining the ones that abuse the system?

• Thanks 1