Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Won ugly.

We shouldn't have timewasted and cheated, it's just awful to watch, and we should have made more subs earlier when our starters were on yellows or knackered. 

We held on by the skin of our teeth.

And Grealish, Maguire and Phillips shouldn't have started that game, and all made errors to add to queries about their inclusion.

Still, a win, eh (and still I moan). 

Hope it does't get to stabby in Naples later

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

Won ugly.

We shouldn't have timewasted and cheated, it's just awful to watch, and we should have made more subs earlier when our starters were on yellows or knackered. 

We held on by the skin of our teeth.

And Grealish, Maguire and Phillips shouldn't have started that game, and all made errors to add to queroes about their inclusion.

Still, a win, eh (and still I moan). 

Hope it does't get to stabby in Naples later

Hmm I know what you are saying but Italy didn’t have another shot on target. Thought our tactics were gutless and lazy but ended up being relatively straightforward in the last 10

Credit where credit is due and England were decent 1st half and if grealish had his head screwed on we could have been 3 up at half time and given the Italians a mountain to climb but as is England they had to come out 2nd Half with their pants down while the Italians run out high on cocaine, testosterone and caffeine. England just couldn’t keep up they were knackered. Kane was literally walking towards the end. Philips I have no idea why he was playing a full 90 min and Harry magoo was wobbling. Why southgate wasn’t marching the Italians intensity with fresh legs is a mystery. All the yellows and still he’s slow to react. The man has learnt nothing since the euros. Don’t even get me started on why madders and toney didn’t get used. Leicester and brentford should recall them both of southgate is not going to use them.

Thought that was superb minus a 25 minute period in the middle of the second half where Italy were throwing everything at us as to be expected. But we'd done enough before that and held out at the end. 

That's what we haven't been able to do in previous 'big' games.

First half was a great performance, kept the ball and passed it around. Managed it well against a top side who play a lot of possession themselves. Kane and Bellingham were superb. 

Second half wasn't the best but still managed the game, they didn't really make Pickford work at all. 

Kane MOTM probably one of his of the best performances I've saw of him. Looked sharp first half. 

Ref was shit and as much as I hate time wasting if the shoe was on the other foot they would have done the same, quite enjoyed them getting a taste of there own medicine.

And finally I enjoyed the Channel 4 coverage for the simple reason of not having to listen to Bitter Sweet Symphony. 

• Like 1

Second half was pretty grim however I think that could be a massive win for the team. England were panicky at times but they saw it out, that would almost certainly have ended up a draw or even a loss in the past. Hopefully, it'll be a real psychological boost to have held it together.

I thought Harry Kane was absolutely incredible. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s great that we’ve started shithousing. We’ve been victims of it too many times in the past. Football is about winning. 

Nothing has changed, it's just southgate coaching this great squad of players to park the bus to protect a lead, only this time it somehow paid off despite being played off the park for about an hour of the match

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TJQuik said:

Nothing has changed, it's just southgate coaching this great squad of players to park the bus to protect a lead, only this time it somehow paid off despite being played off the park for about an hour of the match

I’ll give you 45 but we were utterly dominant for the first half. 

Italy had one shot on target all game. Something that’s deemed not acceptable when it’s Leicester. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

So nothing has changed except we are able to get into a two goal lead (should have been more) vs the European Champions and then protected it as coached, with ten men?

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I’ll give you 45 but we were utterly dominant for the first half. 

Italy had one shot on target all game. Something that’s deemed not acceptable when it’s Leicester. 

Agreed. We should have been three or four up at HT. 

They did score in response as they had to, but other than that I can't really remember being that worried. 

I don't particularly like Southgate, but this was a superb win tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

So nothing has changed except we are able to get into a two goal lead (should have been more) vs the European Champions and then protected it as coached, with ten men?

My experience from the other day tells me you're wasting your time with that one

1 minute ago, Craig said:

We played well for about 30 minutes and then played like complete cowards with no dominance at the back, as usual. This is a diminished Italian side that failed to qualify for the world cup, it's not an example of us grinding out a win against a top side.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

My experience from the other day tells me you're wasting your time with that one

Aren't you the guy who gets shown up by pretty much everyone and then resorts to abusive personal attacks like a 13 year old on Cod?

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

We played well for about 30 minutes and then played like complete cowards with no dominance at the back, as usual. This is a diminished Italian side that failed to qualify for the world cup, it's not an example of us grinding out a win against a top side.

It seems like you don’t really understand football that much. 

Just for a bit of context. That was the first time Italy had been 2-0 at home in a qualifier in 29 years. They hadn’t lost a home qualifier this century. Italy were always gonna come out and put the pressure on after being two nil down. We tried to protect a 1-0 lead against those in the euro final and lost. This time we went 1-0 and went for more. How can you also say we didn’t dominate at the back when they only scored once? lol 

It’s a great win against the toughest team in our group, the toughest place to go. Enjoy it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

Agreed. We should have been three or four up at HT. 

They did score in response as they had to, but other than that I can't really remember being that worried. 

I don't particularly like Southgate, but this was a superb win tonight. 

I just can’t see how or what people have to moan about tonight. 

• Like 2