Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

6 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

For what reason? To appease the ignoramuses.

We’ll it’s not the English anthem for a start it’s even sillier when we’re playing one of the other home nations.  The religious content and eulogising an individual is some what ironic, You shall not worship any other God. The subsequent verse is unacceptable as well.

I’d prefer one that is about England rather than an individual.

Plus it’s a dirge and totally not an uplifting or inspiring piece that you really need for a sporting event.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

We’ll it’s not the English anthem for a start it’s even sillier when we’re playing one of the other home nations.  The religious content and eulogising an individual is some what ironic, You shall not worship any other God. The subsequent verse is unacceptable as well.

I’d prefer one that is about England rather than an individual.

Plus it’s a dirge and totally not an uplifting or inspiring piece that you really need for a sporting event.

It was good enough to be played before we won the World Cup!! Have we gone woke mad?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

In what minute will Kane first go down, curled up in a ball, exaggerating the contact?

I'm not Kane's biggest fan but I had no issue with how he behaved the other night.

Italians, French, Germans etc have been at it for years, it's about time we caught up and played them at there own game imo

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It was good enough to be played before we won the World Cup!! Have we gone woke mad?

Woke standard response when lacking a considered reply. Tradition is not a justification so many bad things were normal in the past. 

Anyway not the thread for  this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

Woke standard response when lacking a considered reply. Tradition is not a justification so many bad things were normal in the past. 

Anyway not the thread for  this.

"Standard reply", I don't think so. Change for the sake of change is rarely, if ever, a good thing. 

PS. If this not the thread perhaps you would kind enough to gt me back on 'General Chat', without referring me to Admin who are incapable of answering me directly, thank you.