Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

7 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Aren't you the guy who gets shown up by pretty much everyone and then resorts to abusive personal attacks like a 13 year old on Cod?

I'll have to ask you to provide proof on that i'm afraid. And not just one post, there are 27,237 users here so i'd say atleast 25000 would suffice

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I'll have to ask you to provide proof on that i'm afraid. And not just one post, there are 27,237 users here so i'd say atleast 25000 would suffice

I can tell you have a great old time here winding people up, you're a nasty little troll and a very unpleasant person. I'm quite surprised you haven't been banned permanently yet.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

It seems like you don’t really understand football that much. 

Just for a bit of context. That was the first time Italy had been 2-0 at home in a qualifier in 29 years. They hadn’t lost a home qualifier this century. Italy were always gonna come out and put the pressure on after being two nil down. We tried to protect a 1-0 lead against those in the euro final and lost. This time we went 1-0 and went for more. How can you also say we didn’t dominate at the back when they only scored once? lol 

It’s a great win against the toughest team in our group, the toughest place to go. Enjoy it. 

Don't take my posts as though I didn't enjoy it a lot, I watch every england match and I'm really happy we got the win tonight.

However, Southgate has very similar flaws to Rodgers, only the waistcoated one has access to a much better squad of players. We were lucky to get the win tonight I don't really see what the record has to do with it. Do you think we actually looked confident defending during the second half? I'd say we were bossed around and looked like headless chickens for much of it but Italy were very wasteful.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Don't take my posts as though I didn't enjoy it a lot, I watch every england match and I'm really happy we got the win tonight.

However, Southgate has very similar flaws to Rodgers, only the waistcoated one has access to a much better squad of players. We were lucky to get the win tonight I don't really see what the record has to do with it. Do you think we actually looked confident defending during the second half? I'd say we were bossed around and looked like headless chickens for much of it but Italy were very wasteful.

Whether they looked confident or not. They dominated the ball in the air and they limited Italy to one clear chance. That’s good defending for me. 

• Like 1

Take this in,and give plaudits,where it’s due..

I couldn’t care how weak or strong Italy were…

We went to Italy and wait for it…:trumpet:  :trumpet:..:scarf:  BÖOODY WELL WON,,

Historic night for England and that Legend… Mr Harry Kane…what a, striker..

and he is English & our man..

I ain’t interested tonight over fickle media, or fickle naysaying fans..

England and Kane again !!,) have done bloody well… 2nd half we had to grind it out..and we did..

Tonight I don’t want to read or listen to any buts..we won and learnt to manage the game,like Italians use to do..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

Came on here to say pretty much this. Both are capable of getting their team to play beautiful football, but seem to believe that once a lead is established it should be defended at all costs with great negativity.

Heading upto Glasgow today for a night out and the Cyprus game tomorrow. 

It's the only Saturday fixture in the whole campaign. 

The concern is that a lot of the important squad members have not played a lot of club football recently, Tierney, McTominay, Gilmour, Dykes etc and whoever he picks in goals will be making their 1st cap. 

Always something special to make a trip to Hampden to watch the national side. 

Weird juxtaposition in life right now. Country is leaning right and more nationalistic than it has been for years, and yet it seems like more and more English people revel in the team losing or getting knocked out.

Absolute devastation when England win. It'll never be good enough. No manager will ever be good enough. There's always something wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Weird juxtaposition in life right now. Country is leaning right and more nationalistic than it has been for years, and yet it seems like more and more English people revel in the team losing or getting knocked out.

Absolute devastation when England win. It'll never be good enough. No manager will ever be good enough. There's always something wrong.

I am sure England is a lot less nationalistic now than ever before 

• Like 1

And as for the version of our anthem :dunno:.

It was like Aunty Doris at a wedding reception after 18 Gin and Tonics, asks the DJ for a Mic and thinks she's Shirley Bassey. 

To be fair she was fiddling with her in ear monitor and probably couldn't hear a thing, rehearsing and sound checking in an empty stadium is one thing but tens of thousands of whistles and boos is a little bit of a different scenario. I've said it before, I'll say it again, for Cup finals pick one fan from each end at random and let them have a go, these poncey Dames sing in such a way that no-one can join in, it's the peoples game, pomp and ceremony has its place but let's have hearty passion over sterile gloss. It was funny though :D.

23 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

If we’re going from a completely political perspective. Those on the right love to see England do well but then look at the players and call them woke. Look at Lee Anderson during the euros. Refused to watch them because they took the knee. And yet calls himself a patriot. Likewise on the left, I think a lot of young people feel connected to some of these players and their culture, yet see the England flag and that has negative connotations for them. Diego’s in a box, for example this week. 

Playing at wembley always lifts the spirits and Ukraine will be no different they will be motivated and give it a good go. Won’t be walkover for England. They need to get the job done and put any sentiments aside.be ruthless 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just been looking through the groups and it all looks an absolute formality. I guess there is always someone who struggles more than you'd expect but can only see a couple of groups where there might be a question mark over who finishes 2nd. 

And some teams like Scotland know they are guaranteed a play off spot too so even if they don’t come in the top 2 still have a chance to qualify.

Kazakhstan with a great comeback from 2 down v Denmark .

Now 3-2 ahead !!

Edited by Super_horns