Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Local Elections 2023

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

was an average of around 27% turn out around me (hinckley etc) i have no idea if that is good, bad or average for local elections? It seems extremely low though! 

Seems a slight reduction in Hinckley and Bosworth but to give you idea Hinckley Clarendon last time out was 28%, this time its 25.63% - Hinckley De Montfort similar reduction. 

They are not greatly turned out local elections. 

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Spent far too long there and it is absolutely dire for representation of people who aren't white and old. At least Norfolk has Norwich and links to broader areas. 

Correct, the train line to London helps. N. Norfolk is still quite upmarket and Lib-Demmy. And Norwich as you say is a quite typical uni city. 

I hate slagging off places, I think we do it far too much in the UK. But parts of Lincs are exceptionally conservative and unwelcoming to outsiders, as well as being pretty bleak in general. My Dad worked in South Holland and my family were in two minds whether to buy a house there or a bit further away near the Norfolk coast, and I think we chose well. 

2 minutes ago, Otis said:

Yep. Everyone moans about parking charges etc. Then still vote for more of the same. 

Same in Cosby. Everyone moaning about the housing development for 200 homes. Voted in the same guys who have shown no rejection to it. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Same in Cosby. Everyone moaning about the housing development for 200 homes. Voted in the same guys who have shown no rejection to it. 

Got to build them somewhere unfortunately.

The same objectors will also complain that the government is doing nothing to address the housing crisis.

18 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Is the Harborough result in yet? Tory for as long as I can remember, it will be interesting to see if they hold it or not

Nope, they lost it to No Overall Control.

Will be interesting to see if the LD + others on the council now destroys the town centre now by applying ridiculous parking charges here like they have elsewhere...