Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Local Elections 2023

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

A truly pathetic turnout from the local population. 

Years of being shit on and the brits can't even be arsed to get up and tick a box. 

I suspect that we have decided that's all we're worth, collectively.

35 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Years of being shit on and the brits can't even be arsed to get up and tick a box. 

Do you think much of it was to do with the voter ID thing? 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Looking good for Labour? Anything that gets the Tories out is welcome. Not meaning to be rude or insulting, just my polite opinion. 

I think it’s looking good for all of the Greens, LD’s and Labour. Which is a good sign for an election. People want change. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Really cant understand the mentality in people not voting.

Especially when they moan about things being inept

• Like 2

Interesting to see what the rest of Leicestershire does today. You suspect Blaby, Charnwood and Melton will remain blue and O&W to stay yellow (though not sure of the impact of the Cons promise to scrap car park charges in O&W, could be a vote winner if people hold their nose).

City to stay very red, ofc.

Greens have gone big in Blaby (they might have gone big elsewhere but Blaby is my area) so they could pick up a couple of seats. Harborough might be interesting today, they lost seats in the 2019 locals so with how things are nationally it could be squeaky bum.

Looking forward to seeing a few shocks!

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Interesting to see what the rest of Leicestershire does today. You suspect Blaby, Charnwood and Melton will remain blue and O&W to stay yellow (though not sure of the impact of the Cons promise to scrap car park charges in O&W, could be a vote winner if people hold their nose).

City to stay very red, ofc.

Greens have gone big in Blaby (they might have gone big elsewhere but Blaby is my area) so they could pick up a couple of seats. Harborough might be interesting today, they lost seats in the 2019 locals so with how things are nationally it could be squeaky bum.

Looking forward to seeing a few shocks!

My folks are in the Kirby area and Green's there put out some decent stuff.

Could be the best result for Labour in over a quarter of a century. Lib Dems also cleaning up. 

Having said that, still a lot of Tory support. 

Who the fvck is looking at the last 13 years of austerity, systematic destruction of public services, nosediving living standards, crises after crises, sleaze, scandal and corruption and going "yeah I want more of that"

The turkeys still love Christmas. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Are there any figures on whether the national turnout was significantly below average? I haven't seen anything yet.

A lot of people find it very difficult to muster any enthusiasm for local elections. I don't really blame them either. But to your point, if it turns out that the turnout is much lower than normal, I suppose it may indicate a country that has simply become even more cynical about politics rather than desperate for change.

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Could be the best result for Labour in over a quarter of a century. Lib Dems also cleaning up. 

Having said that, still a lot of Tory support. 

Who the fvck is looking at the last 13 years of austerity, systematic destruction of public services, nosediving living standards, crises after crises, sleaze, scandal and corruption and going "yeah I want more of that"

The turkeys still love Christmas. 

I’m currently in Norfolk and the amount of “Vote Conservatives” signs everywhere is pretty sickening and just shows some will never change regardless of how bad things are. I guess around here people are in their own bubble and are almost cult like.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

No vitriol please. 

Tories have lost control of North West Leicestershire, looks like a bad night for them. 

GREAT night for those of us in NW Leicestershire though. 

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Excuse me? 

some people have a view that the furlough response and energy bills support is tantamount to communism. 

forgetting the fact that they've effectively banned protesting, banned immigration, and a variety of other facist leaning appraches to government. 

But yeah... totally left wing this tory lot. :blink:

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1